CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair growth

+5
chscott_77
Music8192
LaToya28
Muz
CrissyQ
9 posters

Go down

Hair growth Empty Hair growth

Post by CrissyQ 7th June 2010, 5:33 pm

It may be just me, but I think my hair grows slow. When I attempted to go natural before , I permed my hair because of this reason. I am 4 months post relaxer, and i see others who are around the same time, and it seems like they have more hair, LOL. if you have pictures of your hair 4 months or close to this time post relaxer (not post BC) can you post them so I can see if its "just me"
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Hair growth Empty Re: Hair growth

Post by Muz 7th June 2010, 5:42 pm

Here's how much I had 4 months (pretty close to 5) after relaxer (I was transitioning):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think you can see pretty clearly where the line of demarcation is. And this is the front of my hair which typically grows a little slower than the rest (probably because it's the part I manipulate the most since I can see it without acrobatics ~lol~)

Your hair probably isn't growing any slower than anyone else's, it may just seem like it to you because you see it every day Smile
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 7th June 2010, 6:25 pm

You may be right, but it seems like you have more than I have.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 7th June 2010, 6:27 pm

This is 4 months for me

CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 7th June 2010, 6:34 pm

We had our last relaxers around the same time. Mine was Jan 16th. I think you may have gotten your hair cut lower than I did though. Don't worry Miss CrissyQ, your hair is growing just fine.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 7th June 2010, 6:45 pm

I don't think I had more than you do right now, mine was dry and kinda combed out (that pic was taken the first day I decided to try co-washing), as I'm quite positive you've been taking better care of your hair than I was at that same point, yours may even be longer than that picked out Smile

I think it's kinda like "a watched pot never boils". When we obsess over how long our hair is, it doesn't seem to grow when we just let it do it's thing, next thing we know we have APL hair. LOL That's what happened with my nails, when I wanted them to grow in high school they wouldn't really grow, now that I want them to stay short, they grow too damn fast. Laughing
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Music8192 7th June 2010, 9:25 pm

you're hair seems to be growing at a fine rate to me. Smile I don't have any pics but when I was four months transitioning It was about that length. And it was hard for me to tell if I had alot of new growth but it did looked like I needed an extreme touch up. Razz After about.. 5 or 6 months transitioning I started to see significant growth. And since I bc'd about a month ago, my hair seems to be growing faster since I cut off the rest of the relaxer... So you'll be seeing more growth in time.. flower
Music8192
Music8192

Back to top Go down

Post by chscott_77 7th June 2010, 9:39 pm

CrissyQ,

I notice that my hair really likes water, that is why I wash everyday. Also, I think the Biotin is helping. Your hair is growing, you cut really low and I can tell the difference.
chscott_77
chscott_77

http://chscott77.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th June 2010, 10:07 pm

I wasnt gonna post this pic because you need to stop comparing your hair to other people's. Your hair was cut down to your scalp so your growth is gonna appear slower. And comparing it to others is not gonna change anything. You have to learn to love your hair just the way it is. Keep it moisturized and it will continue to grow.....like it is doing now. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This my hair 4 months post relaxer. I BC'd exactly 4 months after my last relaxer.

Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 7th June 2010, 10:51 pm

Hey CrissyQ,

I agree with all of the statements. Your hair is growing even though it may not look like it. Everyone's hair is different so don't compare your hair to everyone else's hair. Keep doing what you're doing because you're doing a good job!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 8th June 2010, 2:36 am

ITA. I had basically a buzz cut fade at the end of September and for weeks it felt like it wasn't growing at all. Then all of a sudden there it was. I feel your frustration, but don't give in to it. I saw a really great YouTube video by someone about this...If I can find it I will post it.

Keep the faith. Keep your hair well moisturized, eat the right foods, get rest, drink water, and live life. It will sneak up on you soon.

ETA: The video was by Skeeta25. I found it really encouraging. One Year No Perm - Frustrations
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by MissNaturalBeautii 8th June 2010, 9:30 am

The pic in my avatar was 4 months of growth. I BC'D exactly 4 months post relaxer but i did not get it shaped up. I just cut the relaxed ends myself. I think your hair is growing just fine.
MissNaturalBeautii
MissNaturalBeautii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down