CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curls Milkshake as a leave-in

4 posters

Go down

Curls Milkshake as a leave-in Empty Curls Milkshake as a leave-in

Post by purplec18 17th September 2010, 1:53 pm

Ok...my hair is really dry and I was researching and looking for a product to buy to use as a leave-in in my hair. They sell curls products in one of the beauty stores in the Bahamas. I was thinking of buyin the curls milkshake...Is this a good idea...I have like 3-4 inches of new growth...its too hard to comb my hair so idk...but can you give me pics, reviews, etc any feedback will be nice on this product...Thank you ladies!
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Curls Milkshake as a leave-in Empty Re: Curls Milkshake as a leave-in

Post by raina 18th September 2010, 4:00 pm

hi i used the curls milkshake when I was transitioning and actually I still use it from time to time.It doesnt contain any oil in it so if your hair likes oil you will have to add some to it.
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 18th September 2010, 9:02 pm

Oh does it work, like how is it as an leave-in?
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 19th September 2010, 2:07 am

it makes your new growth soft, and moisturized. The curls website actually suggest the milkshake for people who are transitioning.Go to their website (i just google curls for women and it comes up but I think the website is curl biz.com.Have you checked out the transitioning thread here on cn.Do some investigating before you buy it.
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 25th October 2010, 1:10 am

Ok, I think I can give a fair eval of my Curls Milkshake experience from the sample I received in the mail. First, let me say it did what it said it does: Guaranteed to define, defrizz, revive, hydrate, and soften dry curls. I reached that conclusion because 1) I applied it on a section of hair, but omitted my regular leave-in so I could see if it could stand on its own merit. It did. It defined, but the definition was not at the same level as KCNT or KCNT plus KCCC. I used the milkshake on 2 separate wash days. The first time side-by-side comparison with KCNT and the 2nd time comparison with KCNT plus KCCC. The 2nd time, I did layer it with Curls Goddess gel to see if there was more definition and there wasn't. Bottom line, I liked it; though not as much as the kinky curly products. But, as a back-up, I liked it. Now, I am not big on hair type and really I didn't see a type that I thought really fit. What I can definitely say is my hair is not fine. So, keep in mind this Curls product was designed for fine hair. I did braid on dry hair and it performed like it did on wet hair-- no frizz, hydrated, soft, and defined, but not ultimate definition. I took pics of the curls, so whenever I can figure out how to post them, I will and you can see the outcomes-- curls vs. KC.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 25th October 2010, 10:56 am

Thanks for the review, Natural, the Curls Milkshake is up next on my list of things to try. I have fine hair. I have samples (2) of the milkshake and I purchased the whipped cream, although not for fine hair, it came highly recommended for wash n' gos, so I'm trying it.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down