CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRUSTRATED

2 posters

Go down

FRUSTRATED Empty FRUSTRATED

Post by Guest 16th September 2010, 4:20 pm

ok...so i've bought some new products including evoo and some eco styler olive oil gel. i am having trouble keeping my hair moisturized. it feels dry and it's really annoying b/c i bought olive oil and dried pre-pooing last night. i know it takes time and sometimes it's trial and error, but i need moisture!!! lol i was thinking of maybe purchasing some type of bb castor oil, which is a moisturizer, some kind of hair creme.......NOTHING EXPENSIVE. i think i will be find w/ my hair as long as it isn't so freakn' dry and feels dry. i want it to have that silkiness and when i run my hand over my twa i want it to still have a wet-feel...not greasy or oily, but moisturized. someone plz help me out~

Back to top Go down

FRUSTRATED Empty Re: FRUSTRATED

Post by natmommy415 16th September 2010, 5:09 pm

I was having the same problem!!! Try Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1. You can get a big bottle at your local beauty supply store for like $5! I also used a curl moisturizer (for jheri curls, not the activator) in a white and blue bottle at one point and it worked famously as well. It was only about $4 for a regular size bottle and I bought it at Target. I have an assortment of 3c, 4a, and 4b hair. I had to learn the hard way, oil is not a moisturizer, it seals moisture in. Try one of the products I suggested followed by an oil and see if that helps. Also, I'm not sure if you already do this, but wrapping hair in a satin bonnet or wrap helps keep the moisture in overnight and that will help with retaining moisture also.
Hope this helps!

natmommy415

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th September 2010, 5:11 pm

i juss bought some shea butter organics hair moisturizer and it can b used as a leave in conditioner...kinda like a hair lotion and it's creamy. this may work for me..idk bout the sealing part though b/c i don want my hair to fry. i am probably going to apply this new hair moisturizer i got everyday................i just re-washed my hair and re-conditioned it (added) evoo to my condish and um after just str8 put the new moisturizer on and it's gr8 so far...see how this turns out lol;)

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 16th September 2010, 5:21 pm

Before you buy more products, try adding water to restore moisture to your hair. Get a spray bottle of water, wet your hair, then seal the moisture in by applying the evoo.
Also, what kind of shampoo or cleanser are you using? You may need to clarify to remove product build-up and allow moisture to get to your hair. V05 makes a kiwi lime clarifying poo. You can get it for less than $1.00. Try to get samples before you spend your money & don't be afraid to return products that don't work.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th September 2010, 5:45 pm

idk i can't use any product that anybody suggests....i also can't use too much water either all day everyday. however, i do have a spritz bottle w/ vitamin e oil water and evoo and i bought a moisturizer for my hair that has shea butter and other oils.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down