CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pre-poos & condishes fo dry itchy scalp

3 posters

Go down

pre-poos & condishes fo dry itchy scalp Empty pre-poos & condishes fo dry itchy scalp

Post by Guest 15th September 2010, 12:04 am

Hi. Idk if this has already been posted b/c I am new on here and I really don't have time to go through as many topics that may be on here. However, I was trying to find out what are good pre-poos and how do u pre-poo?? I don't think I've ever pre-pood before and also what are some good things to condish ur hair with that are natural or organic or something you can mix in a bottle of organix condish that you may have. Mind you, I'm talking about a itchy dry scalp here that is sensitive lol Wink

Back to top Go down

pre-poos & condishes fo dry itchy scalp Empty Re: pre-poos & condishes fo dry itchy scalp

Post by lumii 15th September 2010, 9:30 am

If you have a itchy and dry scalp, the best you can use is Apple Cider Vinegar! My flaky scalp was really serious but I've been using ACV for about a month now and it does wonders! I usually mix 5 tablespoons of ACV with 3 tbsp of water, but you could also dilute it a bit more if your scalp is very sensitive!
I don't use it as pre poo though, but after shampooing and before conditioning.
I guess you can also use it as a pre poo, but I prefer using coconut oil to prepoo my hair.
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

pre-poos & condishes fo dry itchy scalp Empty Re: pre-poos & condishes fo dry itchy scalp

Post by Guest 15th September 2010, 12:33 pm

ty....i was also thinking about using the same as a pre-poo b/c my hair has a tendency to be very dry at times which i find it annoying lol... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by AimWard 15th September 2010, 1:11 pm

The only thing that ever worked for my dry itchy scalp (and now I no longer have dry itchy scalp) is pre-pooing with olive oil then washing my scalp with a lathering sulfate free poo. I also do not under any circumstances put conditioner directly onto my scalp (which is why I don't co-wash). All conditioner seems to do is make my dryness and itchiness worse. I also don't use cleansing creams and no poos. My scalp reacts to them the same way they react to conditioner. So I basically keep my scalp completely clear of anything that can cause buildup.
AimWard
AimWard

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 15th September 2010, 1:51 pm

The only thing that helps me with dry scalp is oiling my scalp with jojoba oil.
When i was relaxed, i had the same problem and would use that insanely expensive mizzani mix of jojoba oil , avocado oil and another oil (can't remember)...
when i went natural, i decided i'd make my own mix since they clearly stated the three oils on the bottle. But i realized that the jojoba oil alone gave me a break.

As for dry hair (i have 4c hair), Qhemet Biologics (which is the only product i buy online) is my best friend. I twist my hair with that stuff and it says moisturized for at least 4-5 days. The secret for me is to keep my hair twisted most of the time.
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15th September 2010, 8:14 pm

well today i purchased some aloe vera shampoo and aloe vera conditioner that has diff oils like coconut oil jojoba oil and stuff in it from a health food store and then some extra virgin olive oil (some use for cooking as well) then some vitamin e oil for my scalp and i'm working on a moisture product that's not expensive that i can get from cvs or walgreens or what not that has shea butter or mayb would using olive oil and an eco styler olive oil gel b a good look?? idk feedback plz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down