CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regular conditioner as leave in?

+2
AimWard
jo*jo*curls
6 posters

Go down

Regular conditioner as leave in? Empty Regular conditioner as leave in?

Post by jo*jo*curls 25th May 2010, 2:48 pm

After reading several posts about people using regular conditioner as a leave-in, I am curious to find out how exactly this works. I can only imagine regular conditioner becoming hard and leaving a nice white coat on my hair if I were to leave it in. How are yall doing this? Do you use just a little bit? Do you put it on wet or damp hair? And what kind of conditioners are yall using? (Sorry for all the questions Neutral )
jo*jo*curls
jo*jo*curls

Back to top Go down

Regular conditioner as leave in? Empty Re: Regular conditioner as leave in?

Post by AimWard 25th May 2010, 4:25 pm

I occasionally use regular conditioners for conditioner only styling. I'm extremely heavy handed yet I don't end up with a white coating when it dries. The key is finding the right condish. One of my favorites is Giovanni smooth as silk. I rake a heaping amount of conditioner through my hair in small, wet sections, detangle (the conditioner is usually foaming and all over the place @ this point), and style (twists, wash&go, etc.). By the time I'm done styling the conditioner is usually splashed all over the floor or walls. If there are any obvious splotches left in my hair, I just blot them away. My hair dries flake free and soft. Most regular conditioners are slightly thicker (ie. not as watered downed) versions of their leave-in counterparts. The thickness helps weigh my hair down and defines my curls. The following pic is 2nd day hair from last week. My hair is styled with Giovanni's SAS and sealed with shea butter.
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
AimWard
AimWard

Back to top Go down

Post by jac.attack 25th May 2010, 4:29 pm

I usually mix garnier fructis and aussie 3 minute miracle together and leave it in for a bit detangle and rinse. Then I apply a small amount of either garnier fructise or any conditioner in my shower to my wet hair. Wet as in just rinsed the conditioner out and it's sopping. Then I put it in a quick bun and let it dry either in the bun or down depending on if I mind my shirt being soaking wet lol.

Usually I only use conditioner in my hair to style; maybe a little aloe vera gel if im twisting the front or something. The conditioner doesn't leave a white coat on my hair or anything. Just soft and detangled. My hair is really find but dries out easily so i put evoo on it and night and try not to mess with it much when it's drying:)

jac.attack

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th May 2010, 10:06 pm

jojocurls wrote:After reading several posts about people using regular conditioner as a leave-in, I am curious to find out how exactly this works. I can only imagine regular conditioner becoming hard and leaving a nice white coat on my hair if I were to leave it in. How are yall doing this? Do you use just a little bit? Do you put it on wet or damp hair? And what kind of conditioners are yall using? (Sorry for all the questions Neutral )
Depending on the style, I will either saturate my hair (WnGs) or use about a quarter size on each half of my hair (other styles). I always put it on wet hair. I have used BHMM, HEHH, AussieMoist, the Vitamin Shoppe Herbal Daily, Pantene Relaxed and Natural and Tresemme Remoisture. I know there have been more but those are the ones I can think of.

AimWard wrote:I occasionally use regular conditioners for conditioner only styling. I'm extremely heavy handed yet I don't end up with a white coating when it dries. The key is finding the right condish. One of my favorites is Giovanni smooth as silk. I rake a heaping amount of conditioner through my hair in small, wet sections, detangle (the conditioner is usually foaming and all over the place @ this point), and style (twists, wash&go, etc.). By the time I'm done styling the conditioner is usually splashed all over the floor or walls. If there are any obvious splotches left in my hair, I just blot them away. My hair dries flake free and soft. Most regular conditioners are slightly thicker (ie. not as watered downed) versions of their leave-in counterparts. The thickness helps weigh my hair down and defines my curls. The following pic is 2nd day hair from last week. My hair is styled with Giovanni's SAS and sealed with shea butter.
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Your hair is gorgeous! I have a bottle of Giovanni SAS. I may have to try it. Your results are very pretty.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jo*jo*curls 25th May 2010, 11:27 pm

Thank you for the responses! Okay, I think I am going to give this a try. I have some Hello Hydration in my bin of products that has been collecting dust. Yay! Kind of excited now!
jo*jo*curls
jo*jo*curls

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 28th May 2010, 7:40 pm

I tried the HEHH as a leave in with a little olive oil to seal and wore a wash and go. My hair was so dry about 3 hours later. Do you think it's because I have a lot of relaxed hair? My new growth was actually pretty soft but the relaxed portion was as dry as can be!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th May 2010, 8:47 pm

Do you experience build up leaving regular wash out conditioner in your hair?

Ooo, I couldnt leave Giovanni Smooth As Silk in my hair. I cant leave protein conditioners in my hair. The protein has to be near the bottom of the ingredient list.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 28th May 2010, 9:03 pm

This is my first time leaving conditioner in my hair. I'm VERY new to all this. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I saw a lot of people say they use the HEHH as a leave in. I didn't use the leave-in, I used the regular conditioner and left it in all day.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down