CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to DC with cornrow extensions

2 posters

Go down

How to DC with cornrow extensions Empty How to DC with cornrow extensions

Post by Bilqis 19th November 2009, 9:40 pm

Hi ladies, I have bc'ed once again. THis time it was sort of forced upon me. I had BC'ed about a year ago and was then traveling through West Africa where i got my hair braided and all was going fairly well. When i came back to the states I decided to get my hair flat ironed and trimmed. Well...the lady absolutely fried my hair and ever since it hasnt been curling properly and its been breaking like crazy. I was doing lots of hennas and overnight cholesterol treatments which helped a lot, but didnt solve the problem so about a month ago I BC'ed.
So, i found myself at that awkward lenght and i dont feel comfortable with a twa. Oh, I also bc'ed bc i felt like i couldnt afford to waste good products on bad hair that just had to go.
Anyway, i recently got my hair cornrowed with extensions, and bought some AOHR today. My plan is to deep condition over the braids and short length which is my hair for the next month or two until i take them out.
Has anyone else had success doing DC with extensions while growing their hair out.
I really want healthy hair and ive never been good at taking care of it. This time however I'm committed to turning things around.
Thanks for any help and support ladies.
Peace

Bilqis

Back to top Go down

How to DC with cornrow extensions Empty Re: How to DC with cornrow extensions

Post by UrbanLily 8th December 2009, 8:20 am

Currently I have micros and I was stuck with the same dilema. What I do is first use some dialuted w/water Apple Cider Vinger and pour directly onto my scalp followed by dialuted conditioner again poured onto my scalp; I can feel the moisture of my scalp by the new growth. Also I have a spray bottle of aloe, water, olive oil and silk amino...I spray my hair with that whenever it feels dry.

I do not know if this will work with the braids that you have but it helped me.
UrbanLily
UrbanLily

Back to top Go down