CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extensions?

5 posters

Go down

Extensions? Empty Extensions?

Post by LovingLife 30th July 2010, 2:23 am

So I am at a point where I am at a loss to what to do with my hair!
I was thinking trying
extensions, sew in, or maybe some micro braids.
something along those lines!

So I am curious if any of you can give me some advice!

Which would you prefer?
Where do you get your hair? What brand of hair do you get?
Just any information would help!

Thanks ladies!

xoxo
LovingLife
LovingLife

http://www.twitter.com/DesireeCarey

Back to top Go down

Extensions? Empty Re: Extensions?

Post by SuperBadd 30th July 2010, 5:50 pm

Hi!!!

I would suggest anything that you are comfortable with. I went on a whim and tried a sew-in and I have been transitioning for a year now with a sew-in. I wear each install no more than 8 weeks, let my hair breathe a couple of days and then I re-install.
I am currently wearing Wagsman Natural Curly 16-19 inch, which blends easily with natural hair. The website is wagmanhair.com and you have to call in order to order the natural hair.

I left my horseshoe and my edges so that I can pull it back from my face if need be. I would suggest going with a curly type of hair so you won't have to put so much heat on your hair which can lead to heat damage. HTH!

SuperBadd

Back to top Go down

Post by labon10 30th July 2010, 5:54 pm

I like the kinky twists. You are able to style them and they are easy to take care of. The hair can be purchased at any beauty supply store. I've tried the Janet collection, Femi, and a few other afro/kinky brands. The Janet and Femi are my favorite because they are very light.

labon10

Back to top Go down

Post by LovingLife 30th July 2010, 10:07 pm

Thanks Superbadd!! That really helps!! I will definitely be looking into that website! If you dont mind me asking..around how much did it cost for you to get it done?? and how much does it cost to "re-install" it???

Thanks labon10. I really do like kinky twists, a lot of my friends have them, and I think they are super cute! Definitely something to think about. I'm a little worried they wont look right on me..hahaha!
LovingLife
LovingLife

http://www.twitter.com/DesireeCarey

Back to top Go down

Post by DancingDee 2nd August 2010, 4:53 pm

LovingLife wrote:

Thanks labon10. I really do like kinky twists, a lot of my friends have them, and I think they are super cute! Definitely something to think about. I'm a little worried they wont look right on me..hahaha!

I was worried about getting kinky twist once but since transitioning, I've done anything possible to not touch my hair and just let it rest. Kinky twist and sew-in's are my fav! And if you can find someone to do them correctly with a good grade of hair to twist with, it will look really good. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have a sew-in right now and its great because I wake and go to bed not having to do anything to my hair but keep it moisturized. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
DancingDee
DancingDee

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 5th August 2010, 12:47 pm

I've been natural for 10.5 months now. Honestly, I kinda got tired of the short hair look and the same styles. So, 4 weeks ago, I got kinky twists put in... I still have them in and I'm loving the change and the break!!! All I do is spritz my hair at night and/or in the morning and go...

So they are super convenient!
Hope that helps...
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down