CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

box braids without extensions

3 posters

Go down

box braids without extensions Empty box braids without extensions

Post by Deva_87 18th January 2010, 9:55 pm

I'm thinking that I wanna try box braids because I don't want to manipulate my hair too much and I'm just looking for a new style. Also protection from the harsh winter air. I am 5 months into my transition so I need a suggestions on how to make the braids stay and also I don't have money for extensions. Not to mention someone to braid. I need the advice ladies please.
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

box braids without extensions Empty Re: box braids without extensions

Post by cutephantasm 18th January 2010, 10:42 pm

I watched a tutorial from GrowAfroHairlong.com on how to braid...I now have in self installed extensions (I bought the kanekalon hair for 3 for $5 I think....)

I usually use 2.5-3 packs (I use the full length of the hair). The style lasts me 4 weeks or so, I usually redo the edges around the 2nd week since im not a professional and don't want to make the braids too tight...

I also braid the hair and dip it in hot water so that the ends are wavy (Im too lazy to braid it allll the way to the end!) I braid a little bit past the ends of my hair

just a suggestion, its a lifesaver for me and a great protective style! This is only my 2nd time putting in braid extensions, and if I braid non stop it takes about 4 hours for the entire head (I do mini cornrows in the back and box braids in the front)
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 18th January 2010, 11:03 pm

I did box braids for two weeks. I only took them out because they made me look SUPER young. They were a great protective style.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down