CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHAMPOO????

+21
CurlyChefRobin
Lynnieluve
Curly Film Chick
Neems
BeautifullyFree
lumii
brownsugar09
Shrinkage
thicktjt88
ShortNSassie
DreamMerchant
LadyMika
tiashaunteé
jlowman1
Ms.Magnolia
GigiesCoilsz
rayray19
BajanPrincess82
Naturally Esq
naturalchic
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SHAMPOO???? - Page 2 Empty Re: SHAMPOO????

Post by Neems 10th September 2010, 4:58 pm

jlowman1 wrote:
Neems wrote:Has anyone tried the Giovanni 50:50 balanced shampoo? It was on sale so I wanted to try it.

It made my hair feel like a Brillo Pad. It stripped like no other.

really? I have some build up on my scalp along with and hard water so using dr.bonners is not reasonable. Guess I'll be returning it Sad
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 10th September 2010, 5:47 pm

Neems wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:
Neems wrote:Has anyone tried the Giovanni 50:50 balanced shampoo? It was on sale so I wanted to try it.

It made my hair feel like a Brillo Pad. It stripped like no other.

really? I have some build up on my scalp along with and hard water so using dr.bonners is not reasonable. Guess I'll be returning it Sad

It was awful. I've heard some curlies have success with it, but for me it didn't work. Maybe I should have just focused it only on my scalp. It's very concentrated so a little goes a loooong way.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 11th September 2010, 3:46 pm

I've been looking for a new affordable shampoo as well. My Giovanni SAS hasn't made my hair too happy. Lynnie, I used to use the Creme of Nature and loved it but I was worried about the sulfates. Maybe I'll try again.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ULTIMATELYdriven. 11th September 2010, 4:19 pm

creme of nature detangling and conditioning shampoo. i really like it, my hair gets clean and it doesn't feel stripped.
ULTIMATELYdriven.
ULTIMATELYdriven.

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2BMe :) 11th September 2010, 8:34 pm

I hear some people dilute their shampoo, so I was wondering how can I do that?
Free2BMe :)

http://xoxo-chichi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sophisticatedbeauty 11th September 2010, 8:59 pm

Hello Ladies! I was also in search for a shampoo even though I am currently doing the no poo method! I recently purchased Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Conditioner and was thinking about trying the shampoo as well.. has anyone else tried any Carol's daughter products? If so, what were the results?
sophisticatedbeauty
sophisticatedbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 11th September 2010, 9:38 pm

Free2BMe Smile wrote:I hear some people dilute their shampoo, so I was wondering how can I do that?
I dilute my SAS shampoo per the Chicoro method. You will need an applicator bottle (15 oz) that you can buy at the bss. I put about 2 TBS of shampoo into the applicator bottle, fill it with warm water and squeeze out the bubbles. Put the top on and shake gently to make sure the shampoo has dissolved. Then apply to your scalp and hair, etc. This method decreases the tangles in the hair since you are not rubbing the shampoo in, and you only need a little shampoo to get the job done.

HTH

Last edited by Naturally Esq on 11th September 2010, 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typpos)
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 11th September 2010, 9:40 pm

sophisticatedbeauty wrote:Hello Ladies! I was also in search for a shampoo even though I am currently doing the no poo method! I recently purchased Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Conditioner and was thinking about trying the shampoo as well.. has anyone else tried any Carol's daughter products? If so, what were the results?

Before I became Ms. Giovanni, I used and liked CD Black Vanilla Herbal Shampoo.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th September 2010, 9:45 pm

CurlyChefRobin wrote:I've been looking for a new affordable shampoo as well. My Giovanni SAS hasn't made my hair too happy. Lynnie, I used to use the Creme of Nature and loved it but I was worried about the sulfates. Maybe I'll try again.

I was worried about the sulfates when I first went natural but I decided to try it and see what would happen. Everyone says sulfates dry your hair out but that has not been my experience. I love that shampoo, sulfates and all [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2BMe :) 11th September 2010, 10:01 pm

Naturally Esq wrote:
Free2BMe Smile wrote:I hear some people dilute their shampoo, so I was wondering how can I do that?
I dilute my SAS shampoo per the Chicoro method. You will need an applicator bottle (15 0z) that you can buy at the bss. I put about 2 TBS of shampoo into the applicator bottle, fill it with warm water and squeeze out the bubbles. Put the top on and shake gently to make sure the shampoo has dissolved. Then apply to your scalp and hair, etc. This method decreases the tangles in the hair since you are not rubbing the shampoo in, and it you only need a little shampoo to get the job done.

HTH

Oh ok thank you

http://xoxo-chichi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mssassy 12th September 2010, 5:49 am

I use Kinky Curly's Come Clean and I like it. I usually don't shampoo much. Mostly co-wash and shampoo maybe once every two weeks. I am going to try HairOne at Sally's
mssassy
mssassy

http://naturalhairbymssassy.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2