CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shea Butter and TWAs

3 posters

Go down

Shea Butter and TWAs Empty Shea Butter and TWAs

Post by latoya1908 3rd September 2010, 9:00 pm

So I FINALLY got confirmation that the shea butter I ordered last month from Butters n Bars shipped today.....(*side eye at how long it took*)

Anyhoo, I'm thinking of blending it with coconut oil, but I'm a bit confused as to how I should use it to best benefit a TWA. Did/Does anyone use a shea mixure on their TWA? If so, how did/do you include it in your regimine?
latoya1908
latoya1908

Back to top Go down

Shea Butter and TWAs Empty Re: Shea Butter and TWAs

Post by jaylin20032003 3rd September 2010, 9:46 pm

i did, i scooped some out into a seperate container, and then placed it in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes. once it melted a bit, (i didnt let it melt all the way, i like it to be a little gritty); i added one tblsp of coconut oil, olive oil and a bit of glycerin, mixed it up, and then put it in the fridge to harden back up. i use it on my edges, to smooth them down (before putting my headbands on). i also use it after i cowash, it makes my hair so soft!!! hth
jaylin20032003
jaylin20032003

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Linda 11th September 2010, 11:44 pm

I'm new to this board but wanted to share, my hair supply store sells pure shea butter and watching youtube videos I just blend the butter, with olive oil and vitamin E pills I squeeze in and whip it up. I dont like alot of oil not big on reaching to touch my hair and feeling an oil slick, this stuff works great for me, smooth shine and supple.

Ms.Linda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down