CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The BEST shea butter I've ever tried!!!

+2
Juices-n-Berries
oooop2
6 posters

Go down

The BEST shea butter I've ever tried!!! Empty The BEST shea butter I've ever tried!!!

Post by oooop2 26th April 2010, 12:58 am

So in 2006, I was at my sorority convention, and a company was there selling pure shea butter. Prior to this, I had never seen nor used shea butter in its natural state. The allure to this company was that they were giving out free hand/feet massages to anyone interested in trying shea. So of course, I stepped up to get my feet massaged. After the experience and how wonderful my skin felt, I decided to purchase 3 8oz containers. At the time, I did not know that going rate for shea butter, but I knew that I wanted to have my skin feeling like this for as long as possible.

Well in 2008, I was now out of my shea and in need of more. I tried goggling the name of the company but had no luck. I even went to my sorority convention and hoped that they would be there again selling their shea butter. Well, unfortunately they weren't there, so as a result, I started purchasing shea from other companies. Although I found some good shea butter, none in my opinion compared to the shea I received from this company.

Well as faith would have it, I was at an event this afternoon with my family. There were several vendors there, and 1 vendor was some African American women selling shea. Now, I have 2 HUGE 32oz shea butter containers at home, so I wasn't in the mood for more shea. But for some reason, my husband kept encouraging me to try them out. So I went up to the booth. The owner approached me and asked if I wanted a hand massage. While receiving my hand massage, I began to ask her if she traveled to other venues to sell her shea. She said yes. Then I said, you should go to my convention this year. That there was a company I found in Philly that sold shea at my convention, but since then they haven't been back. She then ask, "Where they giving foot massages??" I said, yes. She then said, "That was my son giving the massages!!...Me and my former business partner were there selling our shea." I can't tell you how elated I was to know that this was the same person selling the shea I loved.

Now her shea isn't cheap, but a little goes a LONG way, and consistency and smoothness of the shea butter is amazing.

So if interested, check out Janice at www.sheabuttersecrets.com
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

The BEST shea butter I've ever tried!!! Empty Re: The BEST shea butter I've ever tried!!!

Post by Juices-n-Berries 26th April 2010, 1:04 am

Thanks. Now I have yet another product to buy and try. Lol. This site is no good for the recovering PJ. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

The BEST shea butter I've ever tried!!! Empty Re: The BEST shea butter I've ever tried!!!

Post by oooop2 26th April 2010, 1:16 am

LOL....I understand...BTW, your fro looks good Smile
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 26th April 2010, 1:35 am

Thanks, oooop. She should hire you as her PR person. LOL

Will she be at the convention this year? If so, maybe I'll stop by her booth.

Last edited by TMS on 27th April 2010, 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 26th April 2010, 1:50 am

oooop2 wrote:LOL....I understand...BTW, your fro looks good Smile

Thanks! I used your technique! You saved my hair from the blowdryer.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 26th April 2010, 1:52 pm

JB - what technique did you use? *eyes wide open*
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta87 27th April 2010, 1:08 pm

Hi Soror,

I am transitioning. BC in May. I love your hair. I have been looking for good Shea Butter. I clicked on the link. What exactly did you order for your hair? Do you mix it with anything?

Thanks
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th April 2010, 1:16 pm

I checked out the site and got sticker shock [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. You said it was pricey but I wasnt ready. LOL!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 30th April 2010, 4:46 pm

TMS wrote:Thanks, oooop. She should hire you as her PR person. LOL

Will she be at the convention this year? If so, maybe I'll stop by her booth.

Not sure if she will be at convention. Vendor prices at convention are pretty steep (she stated $1800), so it may not be cost effective. But now that I have her card/site, I'll just buy online.

Juices-n-Berries wrote:
oooop2 wrote:LOL....I understand...BTW, your fro looks good Smile

Thanks! I used your technique! You saved my hair from the blowdryer.

Yeah...Glad my technique worked for you.

Delta87 wrote:Hi Soror,

I am transitioning. BC in May. I love your hair. I have been looking for good Shea Butter. I clicked on the link. What exactly did you order for your hair? Do you mix it with anything?

Thanks

I only use her shea secret butter. Her shea is so soft and creamy, that I don't need to mix with anything. I use it on my skin and hair.

Now I also use this shea: http://www.amazon.com/32oz-African-Butter-Ghana-HalalEveryDay/dp/B002N6SBJ6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1272656616&sr=8-5

I blend it with oils for an easier application.

Lynnieluve wrote:I checked out the site and got sticker shock [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. You said it was pricey but I wasnt ready. LOL!!

Yeah..It's definitely pricey...LOL But it's definitely a shea I don't mind paying top dollar for.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 30th April 2010, 5:28 pm

Wow, the vendor price is pretty steep.

So, what is your blowout technique? I just bought a blowdryer, if I don't need it, I'll take it back.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 30th April 2010, 5:35 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I checked out the site and got sticker shock [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. You said it was pricey but I wasnt ready. LOL!!

I looked at the shea butter secrets and saw $10 and was like what is Lynnie talking about? Then I realized that was for 1 oz. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 1st May 2010, 3:36 pm

TMS wrote:Wow, the vendor price is pretty steep.

So, what is your blowout technique? I just bought a blowdryer, if I don't need it, I'll take it back.

I posted this is my curlyfriends section, but here is what I did:

Here is what I did. My approach may not be the best approach for everyone, but it worked for me.

1. Untwisted 2 days old large size twist (DRY HAIR). About 10-12 of them.
2. Each section I first hand separated and detangled. I then went through each section w/a large, then small tooth comb to insure that all loose strands were removed and hair detangled. I then retwisted into loose twist.
3. Once entire head was detangled, I untwisted the loose twist and started pulling in an upward/outward/downward motion.
4. I then patted, and formed the fro to the size I wanted.

Next time I do it, I will accessorize with a silk scarf.

Post pics of your fro!!

CocaColaCutie wrote:

I looked at the shea butter secrets and saw $10 and was like what is Lynnie talking about? Then I realized that was for 1 oz. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yep...As I stated, it's definitely pricey. But as someone who has paid a lot of money for crap that still under my shelf, I have no issues paying for stuff that actually works.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 1st May 2010, 10:15 pm

Thanks for the technique. When I use your technique, I will definitely post pics. Right now, my fro is about 2-2.5 inches.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down