CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW TO TRIM SHORT NATURAL HAIR

5 posters

Go down

HOW TO TRIM SHORT NATURAL HAIR Empty HOW TO TRIM SHORT NATURAL HAIR

Post by C. 1st September 2010, 10:16 pm

I have 4.5 inches of all natural relaxed hair and I believe I am in need of a little trim, but my hair isn't long enough to pull in front of my face and trim. My question is how do I trim my hair, especially the back since I can not see it? The reason I believe I need a trim is because I have found a few split ends in the shed/broken hairs. I'm sure the splits are due to improper nutrition and hair maintenance, which I am working on BTW Very Happy. The only thing I know regarding trims is to use sharp hair scissors and maybe do a SSD or dust ends while in twists(i honestly have no idea confused )

So..where do I begin?

C.

Back to top Go down

HOW TO TRIM SHORT NATURAL HAIR Empty Re: HOW TO TRIM SHORT NATURAL HAIR

Post by NhappyJackie 2nd September 2010, 11:24 am

My hair is short, in my opinion. When I trim I usually grab a small (1inch around) section of hair, saturate with water and condish, detangle. Then i wrap the hair around my finger until it coils around itself. I slide my thumb and forefinger down to the tip of the coil and clip off just the end of it. Now this is how I do it for maintenance and not necessarily to remove damaged ends. If you are seeking out the damaged ends, you can still coil, but feel for the damage and clip just above it. Hope this helps. If my advice is bad, I'm sure someone will chyme in.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 2nd September 2010, 4:27 pm

Putting your hair in twists and cutting off the ends of the twists? And I agree with NhappyJackie, if your hair is detangled and you can feel a lot of damage at your ends, you're better off just cutting that off in one go than trying to salvage it. Search and destroy is hard when you can't see your ends, so my advice is to twist and trim.
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 22nd December 2010, 2:38 pm

wow, i posted this so long ago.
anywho, i have another question, if my hair feels soft and smooth from the root downwards, but then feels rough--do i have to trim those ends? The reason I ask is because I have a few places that have rough feeling ends and the back left section feels rough too; not just the ends. It doesnt always feel like that tho, so I'm wondering if it's damage or just under-moisturized?

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 22nd December 2010, 3:31 pm

yeah. i trimmed my hair this past weekend. i did some two strand twists (a bit smaller than usual) and trimmed one twist at a time....
I can't promise it's all even but i dont really wear my hair loose...
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 22nd December 2010, 5:01 pm

Fanmnatirel, your hair is gorgeous. Nice avi!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 22nd December 2010, 5:07 pm

@ DvaAuNaturel
Thank you for the compliment! i appreciate it.....
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 22nd December 2010, 5:47 pm

okay thanx, fanmnatirel. i might just do that. I dont really wanna trim my hair, but my ends have taken a hit with this cold windy weather. plus im home and dont have all my supplies, so i might have to buy more shears. i just think it's time because my twists are more difficult to unravel, the y kinda "lock" together at the ends only..

but again, thanx

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down