CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics...

+37
naturallynola
funkyhairchic
DivaDreamgirl
Intelligentbeauty
JessiWantsCurls
TheRYL1
QueenSheba
teenatty
natchralme
SheeTacular
LaToya28
Neems
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
rayray19
sweetdrk1
poeticlyspkng
bholmes87
DaButterflyBAP
CurlyChefRobin
priceless
libs2001
curl_Gurl
mrsmackey
ChrsLvsBks
freckledmom4
CurlsGalore
swoodward
DvaAuNaturel
BigLipTiff
jlowman1
Lynnieluve
Leta
krazy coils
Nikcoils
CrissyQ
cyclingchick
41 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 6 Empty Re: cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics...

Post by DaButterflyBAP 1st November 2010, 8:53 pm

Great photos! Your hair is really growing. I like it. Smile
DaButterflyBAP
DaButterflyBAP

http://butterflybap.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 6 Empty Re: cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics...

Post by cyclingchick 1st November 2010, 9:50 pm

Thanks, Mick! I'm trying to get a luscious TWA like you. Very Happy
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 8th November 2010, 10:51 pm

Hey Lovelies!

Just stopping in for a quick update. The Nappiology expo was nice. I was in awe of the different styles floating around...fros, locs, twists...everything was represented!

My PJ didn't rear its ugly head too much. The only product I purchased was Afroveda Totally Twisted Ginger Almond butter. I wanted to try it before the infamous "Afrovedagate" and decided to treat myself. I promise I won't get addicted to it. Razz

I also bought the Nudred product. I had the demonstration done and was amazed. It twisted my whole head in less than 5 minutes. This picture is blurry, but you get the idea...

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 6 Expo310

I figure I'll use it as another style option while waiting for Coco to grow up. Smile

A couple of other pictures...the first are the girls I met at the Dallas area meet-up a few months ago and the second group of ladies are my spin class friends (we never look at the same camera LOL)

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 6 Expo110

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 6 Random10

I snagged a few of these from Natural Hair Rules...beautiful!

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 6 73941_456639178527_54822058527_5714809_7610036_n

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 6 75722_456643768527_54822058527_5714929_6206551_n

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 6 74242_456639683527_54822058527_5714819_1825428_n

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 6 36157_456642738527_54822058527_5714904_6447155_n

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 6 39581_456644053527_54822058527_5714938_1295348_n

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 6 76806_456645193527_54822058527_5714977_5671541_n

All in all, I was impressed with the expo. It seemed well organized and looked like it had a great turnout. As cheesy as it sounds, I couldn't stop grinning. It was nice to be at such a positive event...and surrounded by gorgeous hair.

In fitness news, I was down another 2 lbs at Weight Watchers last week. My goal is to drop 8 lbs this month...lofty goal with Thanksgiving, but I'm determined to make the holiday ONE day. Come Friday morning, I'll be in the gym kicking my own butt...no leftovers!

Hope everyone has a great week...
C
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 10th November 2010, 4:38 pm

Just a quick progress report. Down 2.6 lbs at weigh-in this morning...that makes 14 lbs in the last 6 weeks or so. I am very pleased...although reluctant to say I'm totally in control now. I feel strong, but we all know a "big relapse" can happen in 3 seconds (the time it takes a person to eat a Little Debbie Zebra Cake...this is pure science, y'all). I'm just taking it one meal at a time.

I had a great workout at the gym today...45 minutes of azz kicking cardio. Tomorrow will be G's spin class. The goal is to get to the gym 4x this week. I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. Hopefully it will become part of my daily routine again. As of right now, me no likey.

QOTD: if you had a recording of the most horrible thing your family/best friend/coworker has said about you behind your back... would you hit play? why/why not?
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th November 2010, 4:52 pm

I really hate I missed you Sunday. You took some real nice pictures. I was so busy checking out each vendor, running my mouth, and trying to keep my girlfriend (Ginny) from spending ALL her money...LOL I almost forgot to take pictures myself!! LOL

And the answer to your QOTD...I wouldn't not hit play. I am a person that has an unforgiving spirit (this is something I've been working on all of my adult life) people are entitled to have their opinion be it positive or negative, and I think it would be better for me NOT to know. Especially if it is a family member, because I would have a hard time moving forward with our relationship knowing what they said about me.

All I can say is pray for me. I am not perfect just a work in progress....
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th November 2010, 5:10 pm

Great pictures, all the hair looks fab!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 10th November 2010, 7:57 pm

I am a move on with it type - because my temper is soooo bad! so no,I would not hit play.

Pics are fab. You look fab!!!Between you and KNH, I feel like I am headed over to Afroveda regardless. I understand her dilemma. Things are more expensive now and a lot of small businesses are taking a hit.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th November 2010, 8:21 pm

It looks like you had a great time at the Expo. Be careful with Nudred thingy. I would only use it as a back up option/special occasion. I'm not sure how rubbing that material against your hair a lot would effect it.

Let me think a little more about your question.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 11th November 2010, 1:26 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I really hate I missed you Sunday. You took some real nice pictures. I was so busy checking out each vendor, running my mouth, and trying to keep my girlfriend (Ginny) from spending ALL her money...LOL I almost forgot to take pictures myself!! LOL

LOL you and me both...I only got a few of my own! SMH. I hate that we missed each other too, but I'm sure there will be another opportunity. I have several friends in Houston, so I'm there a few times per year...let's plan a natural expo in H-town! haha

swoodward wrote:
Pics are fab. You look fab!!!Between you and KNH, I feel like I am headed over to Afroveda regardless. I understand her dilemma. Things are more expensive now and a lot of small businesses are taking a hit.

I like the product and the price wasn't an issue for me because a little goes a long way on my TWA. Smile

Lynnieluve wrote:It looks like you had a great time at the Expo. Be careful with Nudred thingy. I would only use it as a back up option/special occasion. I'm not sure how rubbing that material against your hair a lot would effect it.

It was a good experience...and they're already planning the 2011 event! I'm not planning to use the Nudred on a daily basis. The twists that I got at the expo lasted until my wash today (4 days)...I was amazed. However, I now have a better understanding of other naturals missing their hair. I don't have much, but it was strange not indulging my HIH addiction this week. LOL
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 12th November 2010, 2:39 pm

Wow you are taller than I imagined...anyway. I'm glad you had a good time.

I'm nosy so i would probably push play and then I would have a long discussion about how we could be so close and they never bring it up.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 12th November 2010, 4:08 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Wow you are taller than I imagined...anyway. I'm glad you had a good time.

LOL I get that a lot. I'm 6'0", so I tower over most of my friends. Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 12th November 2010, 9:57 pm

Wow!!! I wish I were tall. I am only 5'5.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 6th December 2010, 9:21 pm

Hey Curlies!

Wow...it's been awhile since the last update...here's some bullets for ya...

Hair
Love, love, love. Coco is thriving and I couldn't be happier. I'm close to 4 months post-BC and I still feel this was the best decision. My hair is healthy, my scalp is singing my praises and the thin areas in the front/sides are filling in nicely. Here's a little comparison shot...FYI, hard to tell, but I have little twists in the current shot...hidden in the Jet Blackness. LOL Had no idea that my hair was this dark...

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 6 4month10

Not much else going on with the 'do...just letting her be free. Smile I received my Qhemet AOHC Black Friday purchase today, so I'll be playing with that soon.

November Fitness Goals/Report Card

*Lose 8 lbs
I'm reluctant to label this as "fail". I ended the month down 7.2 lbs and you know my philosophy...ANY loss is a good loss. I set my monthly weight loss goals as something to shoot for, but I definitely don't stress myself over it. Honestly, my goal is to just lose something every month. That's it...be better than the previous month.

*Gym 4x week
Success! As much as I hate to admit it, keeping my eating in check isn't enough. I have to move the junk in the trunk. Regularly.

*2 hikes at the Cedar Ridge Preserve
FAIL! Didn't go hiking once...boo! Silver lining? I saw the interior of 3 different 24 Hour Fitness locations. Wink

*Eat clean
Success! Much better than October...no candy battles!

*Try new healthy recipes
FAIL! But I did try a new product, the Clif C bar...fruit, nuts and sea salt...all over that one!

December Goals
*Lose 8 lbs
*Gym 4x - will eventually get back to 5x per week, but I'm satisfied right now.
*Christmas...one day of the year. Do not fall victim to holiday treats floating into the office and for the love of all things holy, avoid the damn Hickory Farms display at the mall.
*More fruit/veggies
*Try ONE new healthy recipe
*Embrace new Weight Watchers plan...aka Fat Kid Food Calculus!

Well, that's it for now...hope everyone has a great week!

Last edited by cyclingchick on 6th December 2010, 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 6th December 2010, 10:18 pm

You are making me want to cut my hair back off. You look faboolous!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 6th December 2010, 10:20 pm

Thank you, Cris! I am loving it...have to fight the urge to keep it short. I promised myself I'd grow for a year and then decide if I'm going to keep it really short. LOL I may be doing another BC at my anniversary.
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th December 2010, 11:03 pm

Absolutely love your progress all around!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by natchralme 6th December 2010, 11:58 pm

Ditto to all the compliments. Your hair looks fantastic. And a big congrats on your fitness progress. Keep up the good work!
natchralme
natchralme

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th December 2010, 8:35 am

Your hair is really growing. Keep up the good work!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 7th December 2010, 10:25 am

Your hair looks great and you are so inspiring with your weight loss. You're doing a great job!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 7th December 2010, 12:00 pm

Hey Cycling! You look great and so does your hair! I loved seeing the change from one pic to the other! Good job on the weight loss too girl! I've been struggling a little lately but trying to hang in there! I'm pretty much maintaining and not losing which is not bad but I need to refocus. Seeing your goals has motivated me. Kudos!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by DaButterflyBAP 7th December 2010, 11:39 pm

Hey Court! Love the new avatar!!! Very pretty!

Congrats on the weight loss!
DaButterflyBAP
DaButterflyBAP

http://butterflybap.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th December 2010, 12:00 am

Congratulations on your weight loss and progress you are making!!

Your hair looks great!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 8th December 2010, 7:21 pm

Aww...thanks, ladies! I appreciate it. Who knew that the beginning of the natural hair journey would also help me regain much needed focus in my weight loss journey?!? Whatever is causing it, I'm not questioning it. LOL
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 10th December 2010, 6:30 pm

cyclingchick wrote:Hey Curlies!

Wow...it's been awhile since the last update...here's some bullets for ya...

Hair
Love, love, love. Coco is thriving and I couldn't be happier. I'm close to 4 months post-BC and I still feel this was the best decision. My hair is healthy, my scalp is singing my praises and the thin areas in the front/sides are filling in nicely. Here's a little comparison shot...FYI, hard to tell, but I have little twists in the current shot...hidden in the Jet Blackness. LOL Had no idea that my hair was this dark...

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 6 4month10

Not much else going on with the 'do...just letting her be free. Smile I received my Qhemet AOHC Black Friday purchase today, so I'll be playing with that soon.

November Fitness Goals/Report Card

*Lose 8 lbs
I'm reluctant to label this as "fail". I ended the month down 7.2 lbs and you know my philosophy...ANY loss is a good loss. I set my monthly weight loss goals as something to shoot for, but I definitely don't stress myself over it. Honestly, my goal is to just lose something every month. That's it...be better than the previous month.

*Gym 4x week
Success! As much as I hate to admit it, keeping my eating in check isn't enough. I have to move the junk in the trunk. Regularly.

*2 hikes at the Cedar Ridge Preserve
FAIL! Didn't go hiking once...boo! Silver lining? I saw the interior of 3 different 24 Hour Fitness locations. Wink

*Eat clean
Success! Much better than October...no candy battles!

*Try new healthy recipes
FAIL! But I did try a new product, the Clif C bar...fruit, nuts and sea salt...all over that one!

December Goals
*Lose 8 lbs
*Gym 4x - will eventually get back to 5x per week, but I'm satisfied right now.
*Christmas...one day of the year. Do not fall victim to holiday treats floating into the office and for the love of all things holy, avoid the damn Hickory Farms display at the mall.
*More fruit/veggies
*Try ONE new healthy recipe
*Embrace new Weight Watchers plan...aka Fat Kid Food Calculus!

Well, that's it for now...hope everyone has a great week!

I love the hair and weight loss progress.
I love the break down of goals. I need to put this in my life.
thanks for the inspiration.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 11th December 2010, 3:54 pm

Thank you, Shee! I've learned that having something to shoot for is the only way I stay on track...otherwise I take a "break" that turns into a weight gain frenzy. Embarassed
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next