CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics...

+37
naturallynola
funkyhairchic
DivaDreamgirl
Intelligentbeauty
JessiWantsCurls
TheRYL1
QueenSheba
teenatty
natchralme
SheeTacular
LaToya28
Neems
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
rayray19
sweetdrk1
poeticlyspkng
bholmes87
DaButterflyBAP
CurlyChefRobin
priceless
libs2001
curl_Gurl
mrsmackey
ChrsLvsBks
freckledmom4
CurlsGalore
swoodward
DvaAuNaturel
BigLipTiff
jlowman1
Lynnieluve
Leta
krazy coils
Nikcoils
CrissyQ
cyclingchick
41 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 4 Empty Re: cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics...

Post by cyclingchick 29th September 2010, 7:28 pm

I've been doing every other day and it seems to be working ok. Our temps are still in the 80s here, so I'll be able to leave the house with a damp head for several more weeks.

I like V05 for cowashing...the Strawberries and Cream is good stuff and it smells divine...oh and the price is definitely right! Laughing
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 4 Empty Re: cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics...

Post by CrissyQ 29th September 2010, 7:53 pm

cyclingchick wrote:I've been doing every other day and it seems to be working ok. Our temps are still in the 80s here, so I'll be able to leave the house with a damp head for several more weeks.

I like V05 for cowashing...the Strawberries and Cream is good stuff and it smells divine...oh and the price is definitely right! Laughing

I bought some VO5 and have not used it yet, I am trying to use up my other conditioner. I am a fool for a good conditioner. Its just that my tressem is so moisturizing.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 29th September 2010, 8:20 pm

CrissyQ wrote:

I bought some VO5 and have not used it yet, I am trying to use up my other conditioner. I am a fool for a good conditioner. Its just that my tressem is so moisturizing.

I hear ya...I do really like the Tresemme Naturals condish...right now I alternate between it, HEHH (trying to finish the bottle) and V05 for cowashing. I plan to try your Tresemme curls, but I'm currently on a ban from purchasing conditioners. Embarassed My bathroom shelf looks ridamndiculous.
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 29th September 2010, 10:14 pm

really love the avi.

question: is the shelf store stocked or warehouse stocked? ) am trying to get down to store level!

Razz
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 30th September 2010, 12:45 am

swoodward wrote:really love the avi.

question: is the shelf store stocked or warehouse stocked? ) am trying to get down to store level!

Razz

LOL It's store stocked...only because I don't have space for the warehouse o' beauty! Maybe install a storage bin from the ceiling? Razz
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 30th September 2010, 9:45 pm

Hey Lovelies!

Yesterday was my "hair day"...Giovanni SAS, AO HSR for DC, Giovanni Direct and coconut oil. My hair is so soft today. cheers

I think I convinced another friend to go natural. How many do I have to convert in order to get the membership jacket and pin?!? Laughing

In fitness news, the diet has been on point all week. I had a great spin class this evening. I burned 1000 calories in the hour...also realized it's time to buy new cycling shoes. Mine are worn out from indoor/outdoor riding and my feet officially hurt. I'm guessing they won't pinch the budget too much if I take a break from buying hair stuff. Rolling Eyes The last thing I'm going to purchase is the Qhemet AOHC and then I'm done for the year. *ahem*

Hope everyone is having a great week...weekend is almost here!

cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 2nd October 2010, 12:46 pm

I had to share an amazing photo...this is from the Nappiology group in Dallas. If you're in the DFW area, check them out: http://www.nappiology.info/

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 4 600_12895476
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 2nd October 2010, 12:54 pm

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 4 Highres_18158483
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd October 2010, 2:26 pm

Ohhh that nappiology hair forum looks like it will be fun! Take tons of pics please!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 2nd October 2010, 2:41 pm

That forum looks very nice ... also love that photo
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th October 2010, 12:52 am

I wish I were closer...I would so do that. You know what I'm close enough..I've got to check and see if I can get a couple of my friends to make this trip with me.

I'll let you know if I can make this happen!!

Oh...your avatar is too cute. You have a beautiful smile. OBTW,...my hair love EVCO..just love it!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 4th October 2010, 9:41 am

That would be great if you can make it! There are a few other ladies from CN planning to attend. We could have our own little meet-up. Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th October 2010, 8:09 am

Okay....it's been confirmed I will be attending the Expo! My friend told me that it was on the campus of UT Arlington? Right? Can you suggest a hotel in that area? Also, if you are planning a CN meet up...let me know the time. We plan to come up there Saturday afternoon.

I can't wait to meet you...I heard that last year they had over 600 people attend. Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 7th October 2010, 1:39 pm

Hey cycling chick, I PLAN TO ATTEND AS WELL! i may bring my sister with me since she's natural as well...isn't it on the 7th of November? or maybe not..

KNH, I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU SO THAT YOU CAN NAME MY HAIR!!!!! LOL
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 7th October 2010, 1:41 pm

never mind...i enlarged the flyer..i'll attend after church that morning...I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! and i'm bring my cam so we can take plenty pics!!! whoooooooo!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 7th October 2010, 5:23 pm

Hi Ladies!

I'm so glad you'll both be attending! We definitely need to figure out a time for the group to meet and attend together. Smile

KNH, I think it may be best for you to stay somewhere in north Arlington. I can send you some suggestions. South Arlington is really congested...and unfortunately, there aren't any options extremely close to UTA.
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 7th October 2010, 5:40 pm

Cyclingchick, I just read your first post and I have got to congratulate you. Your accomplishments are more motivation for me to make it my a spin class tonight Very Happy Your hair looks great, btw. And yeah there's no way you could hide your cheeks. If I was in the Dallas area I would definitely attend the expo.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 7th October 2010, 6:15 pm

Neems wrote:Cyclingchick, I just read your first post and I have got to congratulate you. Your accomplishments are more motivation for me to make it my a spin class tonight Very Happy Your hair looks great, btw. And yeah there's no way you could hide your cheeks. If I was in the Dallas area I would definitely attend the expo.

Thank you for the kinds words! LOL I think you're right...these cheeks aren't going anywhere. My brother is fit and has them too. Very Happy
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th October 2010, 10:49 pm

Remember take tons of pics!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 7th October 2010, 11:50 pm

Will do, sweet! Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 8th October 2010, 11:18 am

cyclingchick wrote:
Neems wrote:Cyclingchick, I just read your first post and I have got to congratulate you. Your accomplishments are more motivation for me to make it my a spin class tonight Very Happy Your hair looks great, btw. And yeah there's no way you could hide your cheeks. If I was in the Dallas area I would definitely attend the expo.

Thank you for the kinds words! LOL I think you're right...these cheeks aren't going anywhere. My brother is fit and has them too. Very Happy

You're welcome. My family has the same thing. My mother's family has very high cheekbones.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 12th October 2010, 1:26 pm

Hey Curlies...

I am on Day 2 of upper respiratory mess. I finally admitted defeat and went to the medicine man today for a z-pak. My poor hair has been neglected while I've been trying to exorcise the germs, so I plan to give it some extra tlc during wash day tomorrow. Right now it's looking like roadkill...just sayin'

I went to my beloved hair stylist on Saturday to get the back cleaned up a bit. See what I was working with? no bueno...

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 4 Img00710

She was amazed at how much Coco has grown in the 7 weeks since my big chop. I'm glad I made it out of the chair without asking her to cut it down again. I've been scissor happy since high school, but I'm forcing myself to grow until my anniversary and THEN I can decide what direction to take. I really don't know what to make of my hair at this point...it is curlykinkycoilystrappy...can we add that one to the natural hair dictionary? Oh well...it's MINE and I lurve it...will take a complete set of photos for the 2 month post BC milestone next week. Very Happy

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 4 Octobe10

In other hair news, I am so excited about Oyin's new travel sizes. I plan to get a few for myself and friends. Also giddy about the natural hair expo next month! I really hope we can get a little meet-up arranged before the event. There are a lot of Dallas area CN lovelies...can't wait!

Well, I'm going to get some rest and let the meds do their job. I hope you all have a great week...

cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 13th October 2010, 9:54 pm

gosh your hair looks SO HEALTHY!! Don't mean to shout but dag!

It's too soon to tell what your hair will do y'know. it behaves differently at different lengths.

looks fabulous!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 14th October 2010, 1:08 am

Thank you! My scalp feels amazing. I've only been relaxer free for 4.5 months, but I notice a huge difference. This was easily one of the best decisions I've made...just going to let my hair BE. Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 20th October 2010, 6:44 pm

Hey Lovelies!

Hair stuff...nothing too newsworthy going on. I'm still loving my hair. I received my Curl Gel-les’c sample...it made my hair crispety crunchety. No harm done since I didn't pay for it. Very Happy

I hit my 2 month nappiversary this week! I still feel this was the best decision I could make for my hair/scalp health. I had a few tortured spots from fire cream abuse and they seem to be recovering nicely. A few pics...

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 4 2month11

My little fro is starting to take shape! I didn't realize how short my BC was until I looked at the side-by-side. Why did I only take ONE picture of my BC?!? *smacks head* Here's a texture shot...the kitchen is curly sue...the top/sides? not so much. LOL We'll see what happens as Coco continues to grow...

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 4 Compar11

In fitness news, I've somehow lost 9 lbs this month. I say "somehow" because while my nutrition has been great, my gym workouts leave a lot to be desired. I haven't jumped back into cycling training as planned. Work has been crazy and it's putting a hurting on my workout time. Things will be slowing down in the next couple of weeks and I look forward to getting back in the saddle. The beau got his 24 hour Fitness membership, so I'll be dragging him to the gym too. The fluffy couple that workouts out together, stays together...and hopefully de-fluffs a bit! haha

I've also set a goal to run the annual Dash Down Greenville. I've done the event before, but never as a run. I am a notorious "wogger", so this will definitely be a challenge. On a fun note, I plan to wear a green afro wig (Manic Panic could probably allow me to sport my own fro, but Courtney is scared of that...green hair after St. Patty's Day? Do.Not.Want.) The look will be completed with a "Kiss Me I'm Black Irish" t-shirt. Laughing

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 4 Shirt10

Soooo...I have a few months to get it together. I suppose I should make nice with Couch to 5K and my Beginning Runner's Handbook, eh?

Hope everyone is having a great week!

cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next