CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick Question About Kids' Natural Hairstyle

3 posters

Go down

Quick Question About Kids' Natural Hairstyle Empty Quick Question About Kids' Natural Hairstyle

Post by Synamon89 1st September 2010, 12:37 pm

My best friend has a daughter who is 3 years old and of course, natural. When I asked my friend if she put beads in her daughter's hair she said no because whenever she tried, the beads wouldn't stay. They would slip off. She says it's because her daughter's hair is fine, but I'm not sure if that's the real reason because a lot of natural children I see have very fine hair but they still enjoy shaking a head full of beads. My question is have any of you heard of other people having this problem, and do any of you have any solutions?

Synamon89

Back to top Go down

Quick Question About Kids' Natural Hairstyle Empty Re: Quick Question About Kids' Natural Hairstyle

Post by Niqui36 1st September 2010, 1:23 pm

What does she use to secure the beads? I use rubberbands on the ends of my daughers hair, and when I was a little girl my Mama used foil. The only time the rubberbands did not hold the beads in my daughters hair was when I used the snag-free kind. Those slipped right out. But regular rubberbands work just fine.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Quick Question About Kids' Natural Hairstyle Empty Re: Quick Question About Kids' Natural Hairstyle

Post by C. 1st September 2010, 5:48 pm

ditto what Niqui said. I dont have kids, but I do have 4 nieces all of whom where beads religiously. My sister (and sometimes me) use regualr black rubberbands to secure the ends. What we do is : after putting the last bead on, take the residual hair and fold it over the last bead and secure a rubberband above that same bead. Basically, the last bead is sitting in a loop of hair

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Synamon89 1st September 2010, 11:36 pm

Thanks for your responses. Thats what I told her to do, the rubberband thing. But she insists the beads fall right out. I even suggested a very light blow dry on low heat just to puff the hair up a bit before braiding... she hasn't tried that yet though.

Synamon89

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down