CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick question about twists

+3
HAMPTONSFNST
NikG20
Karyn
7 posters

Go down

Quick question about twists Empty Quick question about twists

Post by Karyn 5th April 2010, 1:27 am

What products do you use to twist your hair?

I'm going to twist my hair tomorrow afternoon, but I'm done using shea. It always leaves nasty white stuff in my hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I still love shea butter, but I definitely will not be using it for twisting. I hope to leave these twists in for a while (up to two weeks), which I have never done before.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Quick question about twists Empty Re: Quick question about twists

Post by NikG20 5th April 2010, 2:06 am

Curious, how long have you been using shea and do you ever mix it with anything?

The first time I used it in my daughters hair...o-m-goodness! A mess! Sad Her hair felt really weird and it was ALL WHITE! lol I washed it immediately. Now, it's a staple. I melt it down, and also melt virgin coconut oil, then mix it together, fridge it for 1-2 hours, or whenever it turns to solid form, and it's really nice and creamy. Easy to apply, no residue...etc.

Ok anyway...lol...

So I usually use the shea butter/coconut oil mix for twists. I like ORS Lock & Twist Gel (a little goes a long way) and I also liked Tiny Twirls Styler. I haven't used a wide variety of products for two strand twists though.
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 5th April 2010, 2:33 am

NikG20 wrote:Curious, how long have you been using shea and do you ever mix it with anything?

The first time I used it in my daughters hair...o-m-goodness! A mess! Sad Her hair felt really weird and it was ALL WHITE! lol I washed it immediately. Now, it's a staple. I melt it down, and also melt virgin coconut oil, then mix it together, fridge it for 1-2 hours, or whenever it turns to solid form, and it's really nice and creamy. Easy to apply, no residue...etc.

Ok anyway...lol...

So I usually use the shea butter/coconut oil mix for twists. I like ORS Lock & Twist Gel (a little goes a long way) and I also liked Tiny Twirls Styler. I haven't used a wide variety of products for two strand twists though.

CRAZY! I JUST closed the tab to your blog cause I was looking to see what you used in A's hair LOL

I use shea butter and coconut oil too, but after a few days my hair looks like... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]...a hot mess. Maybe I use too much? I dunno. Do you use the gel with the shea & coconut oil or just each separately?
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 5th April 2010, 1:46 pm

I used Curls' Curl Souffle and castor oil on my freshly washed hair after my BC early this morning. My twists were moist and looked like fat catapillars before I unravelled them later.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 5th April 2010, 3:58 pm

For my twist i used evco and my mixed chicks leave in on damp hair. I am using the mixed chicks till its gone and then will try HE Hello Hydration. But i get no residue or clumpiness with the evco. Twist are still moist and and i am on day 3 twists

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazelbabe 7th April 2010, 3:33 am

First I put shea butter on my freshly washed hair, and then I use ORS Lock & Twist Gel. Some people say that a little goes a long way, but I like to use more so my twist last longer.
Hazelbabe
Hazelbabe

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 10th April 2010, 3:28 pm

I like coconut oil and Jane Carter's Solution Condition and Sculp (great for that wet look) then I spritz it with Jane Carter's Solution Natural Hold Locking Spray.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 10th April 2010, 5:20 pm

Thanks for your help everyone! I will look into the products I haven't used yet.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 11th April 2010, 10:53 am

Karyn check with Lynn she is the twist Queen!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down