CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help!! I have different curl patterns

4 posters

Go down

Help!! I have different curl patterns Empty Help!! I have different curl patterns

Post by mssassy 31st August 2010, 10:25 pm

I am having a delimma with my hair. I have sooo many different types in my hair. The back bottom I would say is 4b. The sides are probably 4a/4b. The pesky crown of my head is 3a I'm guessing because it does not get curly! It makes wearing a fro very hard. When I do twist that hair is always horrible because they don't shrink and the ends are straight. I am completely natural now and this is frustrating. I need tips ladies!
mssassy
mssassy

http://naturalhairbymssassy.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Help!! I have different curl patterns Empty Re: Help!! I have different curl patterns

Post by ashleimarie 31st August 2010, 10:57 pm

I know what you mean; my hair in the very front would barely curl right after the BC & even now it doesn't want to act right sometimes. I don't know if my hair is just looser there or if it was in shock as some naturals say they experience right after the BC, but it's much better now. What I had to do in the beginning to get it to curl was to use some gel and twirl the hair around my fingers. And once I started implementing honey in my DC's & aloe vera juice and olive oil in my moisturizing spritz, my hair that wouldn't curl up started curling more & blending better. Hope that helps Smile
ashleimarie
ashleimarie

http://virtuouscollegechic.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Help!! I have different curl patterns Empty Re: Help!! I have different curl patterns

Post by mssassy 1st September 2010, 1:44 am

ashleimarie wrote:I know what you mean; my hair in the very front would barely curl right after the BC & even now it doesn't want to act right sometimes. I don't know if my hair is just looser there or if it was in shock as some naturals say they experience right after the BC, but it's much better now. What I had to do in the beginning to get it to curl was to use some gel and twirl the hair around my fingers. And once I started implementing honey in my DC's & aloe vera juice and olive oil in my moisturizing spritz, my hair that wouldn't curl up started curling more & blending better. Hope that helps Smile

This helps put a lot. How often do you use your spritzer and what type of gel do you use?
mssassy
mssassy

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 1st September 2010, 10:31 am

I think everyone has this issue or something similar. Right now the back of my head is about a 4z...LOL, and the top and middle parts are like a 4a/4b. So I always section it that way so that I can properly work with each texture...For example the back of my hair needs more conditioner/product than the front. Im still learning so thats what works for me and my crazy head...
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 1st September 2010, 10:56 am

I have the same problem as you mssassy. I try to use a lighter product on the "wavy" part because the gel tends to weigh it down and make it straight. That part gives me less trouble after a dc or amla treatment, but it is still far from curly/coily like the rest of my hair. on days when I can't get it to act right I just flat twist or corn row it back to meet the curlier hair like in my avatar.

BTW your hair is beautiful in your avi pic. How is it styled?
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by ashleimarie 1st September 2010, 1:27 pm

mssassy wrote:This helps put a lot. How often do you use your spritzer and what type of gel do you use?

I use my spritz probably 1-2 times per day & I usually use the olive oil eco styler gel or herbal essences totally twisted curl scrunching gel.
ashleimarie
ashleimarie

http://virtuouscollegechic.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mssassy 2nd September 2010, 3:50 am

laleepop14 wrote:I think everyone has this issue or something similar. Right now the back of my head is about a 4z...LOL, and the top and middle parts are like a 4a/4b. So I always section it that way so that I can properly work with each texture...For example the back of my hair needs more conditioner/product than the front. Im still learning so thats what works for me and my crazy head...

Good to know I'm not alone Very Happy . I will continue to play and figure mine out. Thanks
mssassy
mssassy

Back to top Go down

Post by mssassy 2nd September 2010, 3:51 am

ashleimarie wrote:
mssassy wrote:This helps put a lot. How often do you use your spritzer and what type of gel do you use?

I use my spritz probably 1-2 times per day & I usually use the olive oil eco styler gel or herbal essences totally twisted curl scrunching gel.

Is this when you are sporting a wash and go or with any style?
mssassy
mssassy

Back to top Go down

Post by mssassy 2nd September 2010, 3:54 am

freckledmom4 wrote:I have the same problem as you mssassy. I try to use a lighter product on the "wavy" part because the gel tends to weigh it down and make it straight. That part gives me less trouble after a dc or amla treatment, but it is still far from curly/coily like the rest of my hair. on days when I can't get it to act right I just flat twist or corn row it back to meet the curlier hair like in my avatar.

BTW your hair is beautiful in your avi pic. How is it styled?

I have yet to try henna, alma, or any of those treatments, but I plan to soon. In my pic, it was rolled with the small rod rollers (I think grey and white). I actually went to a stylist because I was in a wedding.
mssassy
mssassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down