CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curl not quite right...Help!

3 posters

Go down

Curl not quite right...Help! Empty Curl not quite right...Help!

Post by bgirl 30th September 2010, 11:45 pm

I have been transitioning for about six months, and most of my hair (9.5 inches) is still straight versus the natural 2.5 inches. Yet when I am styling to make the hair all one texture to reduce breakage, my curl never comes out right! No matter what I do, braid-outs, twist-outs, flexi-rod sets, bantu-knot outs, the curl pattern is never curly enough or it doesn't have enough texture to wear out. So I always end up pulling it back which I know isn't the best for my edges (and I'm tired of it lol). I always style when it wet, and I know I should probably cut off some of the relaxed ends but does anybody have any other suggestions for how I can get my curl right and tight?

bgirl

Back to top Go down

Curl not quite right...Help! Empty Re: Curl not quite right...Help!

Post by Janique 1st October 2010, 12:02 am

During my transition I never would wear my hair out. I would just put flat twists in the front and put it in a bun or wear kinky twists. It was two much of a hassle to try to make a uniform curl pattern....but I know some people have had some success doing so. You might have to use curlformers or perm rods to help curl your hair.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy0306 18th October 2010, 6:11 pm

Yes i know im tired of tryna get a uniform curl myself, its hard and sometimes it comes out right and sometimes it doesnt. im gonna start wearing my hair in flat twists and a bun as well. and sometimes like on special occassions go get it blowed dryed out. Maybe on thanksgiving or something. Rolling Eyes

Stephy0306

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down