CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair growth

3 posters

Go down

Hair growth Empty Hair growth

Post by LCnewjourney 31st August 2010, 3:09 pm

Forgive me if this sounds like a dumb question, but when people talk about their hair growth, do they mean stretched or unstretched? For example, if you say "I have 3 inches of new growth on my hair" do you mean that it's 3 inches when it's stretched or 3 inches in its natural unstretched state?

I'm trying to figure out what I should be thinking in terms of how much my hair grows every month. If the average is a 1/2 inch per month, what does that mean for curly hair? I've been confused by this since I started transitioning!

Thanks!

LCnewjourney

Back to top Go down

Hair growth Empty Re: Hair growth

Post by BajanPrincess82 31st August 2010, 3:11 pm

When people measure the growth/length of their hair they are usually stretching it. I think it would be kind of hard to measure your growth when its shrunken and all curled up.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 31st August 2010, 3:42 pm

Also a lot of people actually measure in inches how long there hair is as they stretch it along a ruler so like BP said, they're measuring the stretched length because measuring the shrunken length is a little misleading, seeing as everyone has different amounts of shrinkage. Hopefully that helps!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down