CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair products for people with over active sebaceous glands

3 posters

Go down

Hair products for people with over active sebaceous glands Empty Hair products for people with over active sebaceous glands

Post by chocolate-kinks 30th August 2010, 5:11 pm

Any suggestions?

Last edited by chocolate-kinks on 5th September 2010, 5:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Hair products for people with over active sebaceous glands Empty Re: Hair products for people with over active sebaceous glands

Post by Naturally Zee 30th August 2010, 7:59 pm

We all have them, lol. Are your under or over active?

For an oily scalp many people recommend tea tree or peppermint but they also recommend that for dry scalp.
Naturally Zee
Naturally Zee

Back to top Go down

Hair products for people with over active sebaceous glands Empty Re: Hair products for people with over active sebaceous glands

Post by chocolate-kinks 30th August 2010, 9:24 pm

Naturally Zee wrote:We all have them, lol. Are your under or over active?

For an oily scalp many people recommend tea tree or peppermint but they also recommend that for dry scalp.

oops. over lol.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th September 2010, 5:56 pm

bump
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 8th September 2010, 10:27 am

i haven't found any specific product, but not putting anything (conditioner, oils) directly on my scalp helps with the itching. it doesn't itch like crazy anymore. . . if itching was your problem.
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 8th September 2010, 10:04 pm

JazmineB wrote:i haven't found any specific product, but not putting anything (conditioner, oils) directly on my scalp helps with the itching. it doesn't itch like crazy anymore. . . if itching was your problem.

I also notice that if I put oils on my hair, it makes it feel brittle.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 9th September 2010, 11:31 pm

chocolate-kinks wrote:
JazmineB wrote:i haven't found any specific product, but not putting anything (conditioner, oils) directly on my scalp helps with the itching. it doesn't itch like crazy anymore. . . if itching was your problem.

me too. i think when its dry & you put oil on it just coats the hair and seals moisture out. except for coconut oil
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 9th September 2010, 11:35 pm

JazmineB wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:

me too. i think when its dry & you put oil on it just coats the hair and seals moisture out. except for coconut oil

Well I know when if you have a moisturizer ex: water, then you seal with oil and that seals in moisture.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 10th September 2010, 1:43 am

chocolate-kinks wrote:
JazmineB wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:

Well I know when if you have a moisturizer ex: water, then you seal with oil and that seals in moisture.

yup thats the only way i can use oil. i do the 3 step method of water, oil & cream & it works great, my hair stays moisturized for almost a week at a time