CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The OFFICIAL 3m GROWTH CHALLENGE Pt 2..Sept 6-Dec 31

+62
MsJay1121
cocoma
Ashespeak22
NYTiffy
rayray19
curlybrwnbaby
dsp0322
4EverNatural
natural813
Ink
ladygogohot
sophisticatedbeauty
ifypi..nya..curls
Naturalin2010
ChrsLvsBks
priceless
iculukin
Fleur
Ms.Mai
tiashaunteƩ
Curlock Holmes
Alanija
curlyscot
CurlsGalore
freckledmom4
KinkyNappyHappy
kurlegurl
Karameldiva1978
crvng4mr
Becca101
Janet36603
luvmyboys02
BeenAuNaturel
Neems
Keisha
agore07
newday
blackricangirl
WhosThatRedHead
CocaColaCutie
krazy coils
MelMelBee
missmoriah
DreamMerchant
swoodward
kayehaircare
Ziggs
KeAnia
Alana
cyclingchick
NhappyJackie
KnottyKinkyMommy
Cherry: extraordinary!
ladybug
Buttercup76
kinksncurls
Karyn
CrissyQ
makeupvixen
ShortNSassie
Lynnieluve
oooop2
66 posters

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

The OFFICIAL 3m GROWTH CHALLENGE Pt 2..Sept 6-Dec 31 - Page 12 Empty Re: The OFFICIAL 3m GROWTH CHALLENGE Pt 2..Sept 6-Dec 31

Post by krazy coils 26th September 2010, 8:32 pm

I normally wash my hair once a week, but I am going to stretch my style one more week. I wore a twistout this weekend and I re-twisted my hair back up for the week with Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus hair milk. Hopefully my scalp won't itch too bad.

I bought some rosewater this weekend and I plan to add a little glycerin and evoo to use as a spritz to moisturize my twists this week. Also this past week I have been oiling my scalp with Vatika oil and I will continue to do so this week three nights a week.

Last edited by krazy coils on 26th September 2010, 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left out words)
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

The OFFICIAL 3m GROWTH CHALLENGE Pt 2..Sept 6-Dec 31 - Page 12 Empty Re: The OFFICIAL 3m GROWTH CHALLENGE Pt 2..Sept 6-Dec 31

Post by curlyscot 26th September 2010, 8:44 pm

I am currently wearing mini twists but I don't like the way they look. So far, I have been wearing the front out with a curly half wig on the back. It basically looks like I flat twisted the front of my hair and let the back go free. I am going to have to think of another protective style. I will wear this one for a couple of weeks but only b/c I paid someone to do it and I don't want to feel like I totally wasted my money.
curlyscot
curlyscot

http://basicwoman.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyscot 26th September 2010, 8:48 pm

Can anyone recommend a good deep conditioner? I feel like that's what is missing from my regimen. I have the She Moisture Masque and really wanted to love it but it is just okay - won't be repurchasing.

Any suggestions, homemade or store bought are welcome.

Thanks Chicas!
curlyscot
curlyscot

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 26th September 2010, 10:52 pm

I received my amla oil this week, so far I have used it twice. I will oil my scalp with it three times a week. This is my hair after I used the amla

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 26th September 2010, 11:01 pm

Hi Ladies

I am slacking a little bit this week. I usually do our hair on friday night and saturday mornings but this week it just didn't get done. I have been working hard and driving a lot so my weekends I have been really lazy when it comes to my hair. I did a was in go on yesterday and I know that is what I will be rocking this week. For Ania I will was her in the am and give her a nice Afro Puff. I will get better next week. I promise

Yesterday I visited the Vitamin Shoppe and purchased some esential oils, aloe vera juice and ACV. I made the aloe grow this evening and spritzed with it and I can feel my scalp tingling right now.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 27th September 2010, 2:33 am

The hair and I had an okay weekend. I washed with Organix Coconut Milk shampoo and DC'd with Shea Moisture: Deep Treatment Masque on Friday night. Saturday I wore a 2 strand twistout, pinned to the side... It was so cute. Today I wore kimmaytubes', 1940's inspired do. It didnt come out as good as hers but i'll keep working at it since I definitely like the style. Tonight I came home, M&S with KBB sweet ambrosia and sealed with my shea butter/coconut oil mix and styled my hair into 4 bantu knots for a bantu knot out i'll be wearing tomorrow. I'll be back to bunning for the remainder of the week.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by newday 27th September 2010, 10:49 am

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I henna'd this weekend and deep conditioned with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque. I attempted to do a coil out but I didn't like the results, it was way too frizzy. The next day, I wet it in the shower and it was a lot better. I think I am going to stick to flat twists and twist outs. I get better definition and not so much frizz.
newday
newday

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 27th September 2010, 1:07 pm

Ladies..I rocked my BAA for a 70s party on Sat. Talk about fun.

I wore twistouts that day. Then that night I separated my twist and then gently combed my hair out. Loved acknowledging the fact that it was all mine while everyone else was sporting AFRO WIGS..LOL

My hubby isn't too keen about his pic on the net.

Good TIMES!!!
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortNSassie 27th September 2010, 1:15 pm

This may be an obvious question but when we say sealing the ends I just want to make sure I am doing it right, when my hair is wet I twist with Koils by Nature butter and just before i get to the end I should add something else to seal?? scratch or hair I already sealed as I twisted with the butter. I saw someone said the pour oil over their head to seal? I just wanted to be clear. Thanks
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortNSassie 27th September 2010, 1:17 pm

@ ooop2 very cute, where did you find the outfit. Luv the Fro.
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortNSassie 27th September 2010, 2:03 pm

Edited regimen 3 weeks in:

Pre-Poo (detangling)
Trader Joes’ Nourish Spa Conditioner or Aussie Moist Conditioner
{mixed with 1tbsp. EVAO,10 drops peppermint oil, 10 drops tea tree oil
Shampoo ( 1 x bi-weekly)
Aussie Moist Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo
Rinse Conditioner/Co-Wash (1 x week)
Herbal Essence Hello Hydration
Leave In
Alikay Naturals Lemongrass leave in
Seal
castor oil (fall is here and winter is coming)
Styling
Shea aloe mix
{1/2 cup aloe vera juice, Ā½ cup shea butter, Ā¼ coconut oil, 1 tbsp. honey, EO}

Alikay Naturals Shea yogurt
Koils by Nature Butter in sweet almond joy <--- just added
Organic Root Stimulator Lock and Twist Gel (for twists)
Koils by Nature Eucalyptus and Lavender Gel<--- just added
Oil Mix (2 x week)
Castor oil, grape seed oil, vitamin e oil, tea tree oil, rosemary evoo
Deep Conditioning {2x a month or as needed for 1 hr or overnight}
2 tbsp. Aussie Moist, 1 Ā¼ tbsp. melted Shea butter, 1 tbsp. EVOO, 1 tbsp. honey
Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque<--- not really feeling this one, I’m going to try adding honey and evoo before I scratch this one off my list. I ordered another from Hairveda---> Sitrinillah I think it is.
Also going to try the Qhemet Biologics Alma and Olive Heavy Cream
Protein Treatment (once monthly)
Infusium 23 repair and renew conditioner
Coconut Milk and Trader Joes Nourish Spa Conditioner <--- just added
Spritz
5 tbsp. Aloe Vera Juice, 3 tbsp. water, 1 tbsp. HEHH, 1 tbsp. coconut oil, Ā½ tbsp. castor oil, 10 drops lavender EO, 5 drops tea tree oil
H2O and Jane carter leave in or Aloe Vera juice, Im going to try the green tea spritz also
Clarify
Bentonite Clay (2 x month)
Ā¼ clay, warm water to cake batter paste consistency capful EVOO
Henna {2x month}
bounce
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlegurl 27th September 2010, 2:24 pm

Hi Curlies,

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I FINALLY got a chance to do a protective style! My hair is sooooo thankful!

I washed with my raw black soap and DC'd with the Shea Moisture Masque (my mother in law took the hour drive to the Target that sells it and surprised me with it!) So as I was doing my DC I read on the back it said that it could be used as a syling cream, so I decided to not rinse it out and just twist my hair with the masque already in my hair. So needless to say, my twists look good, they are just a little heavy. Not as fluffy and bouncy as I would have liked. So I am about to rinse my hair a little and apply some of the Shea Moisture Smoothie, and see how that works. These twists will stay in for a week I am hoping, fingers crossed!

My hair just really needed some TLC, I had been moisturizing, but it was crying for some real attention. I will be doing a length check next week as it will have almost been a month since my last one.

Happy Growing Curlies!

kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th September 2010, 2:25 pm

oooops you look good
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th September 2010, 2:51 pm

oooop2 wrote:Ladies..I rocked my BAA for a 70s party on Sat. Talk about fun.

I wore twistouts that day. Then that night I separated my twist and then gently combed my hair out. Loved acknowledging the fact that it was all mine while everyone else was sporting AFRO WIGS..LOL

Good TIMES!!!

LOVES IT!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 27th September 2010, 3:17 pm

ShortNSassie wrote:This may be an obvious question but when we say sealing the ends I just want to make sure I am doing it right, when my hair is wet I twist with Koils by Nature butter and just before i get to the end I should add something else to seal?? scratch or hair I already sealed as I twisted with the butter. I saw someone said the pour oil over their head to seal? I just wanted to be clear. Thanks

Usually I seal my ends with castor oil but some people use a butter or pomade. When I am twisting my hair and I get to the ends I twirl the end of my hair and smooth castor oil on the ends. Sometimes I take it up a little further and seal the whole twist with castor oil. The person who poured oil over their hair could have been wearing a wash n go, because when I wore them I would pour the oil into my hands and then apply to my hair to seal. HTH
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

The OFFICIAL 3m GROWTH CHALLENGE Pt 2..Sept 6-Dec 31 - Page 12 Empty Roller-set

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 27th September 2010, 3:38 pm

I roller-set my hair this weekend (http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/2010/09/roller-set-complete.html) so get a better look at the health and length of my hair. I found a few split ends that I destroyed and a ton of SSKs that I am hoping will decrease in occurrence as a result of roller setting for a month.

I didn't go for a doe straight look because I didn't want the heat damage and I like the volume. Of course...now it's raining.

To prep I did the following:
Shampoo - Giovanni SAS
DC - ORS Replenishing Pak
Leave in- Kimmaytube Leave in
Rollerset - FOTE Aloe Vera Gel
Heat Protectant - IC Fantasia Heat Protecting Serum
Nightly I am applying Vatika oil to my ends.
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 27th September 2010, 10:30 pm

Hair update:
So I tried to wash my hair in twists. I washed with suave daily clarifying and then conditioned with tressemme naturals (it was my first time trying this condish, not sure if I like it). Anyway my hair turned out to be a Frizzy MESS. I will Never Again attempt to wash in twists. Then they were extremely difficult to take out, and I had to cowash, detangle my loose hair which took about an hour. Right now my hair is in 6 big braids, I'm going to go back to my regular mini-braids tomorrow or the next day.

I just don't have the patience to wash, detangle and twist each week, and I have to wash once a week, otherwise I get a serious case of the itchies. With my braids I can wash once a week for up to 4 weeks and they still look nice. Anyway it was worth a try washing in twists but it was an epic FAIL.
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 27th September 2010, 10:35 pm

I ya'll! Last week Wednesday I used Creme Of Nature's Argan Oil DC treatmentand it felt very weird. It has a string perfume smell and it made my hair feel coated after I rinsed it out. No wnder it did because it has mineral oil in it. I then left in Curl Junkie Moisturizing Treatment as a leave in and twisted my hair with Oyin whipped pudding and Koils By Nature. My hair did feel moisturized but I think is was a false sense.

I have also added SCurl back into rotation for moisturizing everyday and really like it. I plan to wash this weekend and who knows what else sense I am not so patiently waiting for the weather to cool down so that I can roller set.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 27th September 2010, 11:06 pm

Everyone is looking good! I am in the midst of a growth spurt right now that is driving me crazy. These things can last anywhere from one week to 4 weeks. It is like my scalp is being tickled but it is a tickly itch. During this time, my roots will not do anything. They will not stay twisted and they are puff until this is over. It has been about 5 months since I have had a spurt.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 28th September 2010, 11:28 am

DreamMerchant wrote:Everyone is looking good! I am in the midst of a growth spurt right now that is driving me crazy. These things can last anywhere from one week to 4 weeks. It is like my scalp is being tickled but it is a tickly itch. During this time, my roots will not do anything. They will not stay twisted and they are puff until this is over. It has been about 5 months since I have had a spurt.
its funny you say that, i have been have a feeling like there is a bug in my hair, lol. Onlyin one spot! I keep putting my hand up there (nervous of what i might find) and nothing is there. Then in about 15 min, it happens again confused
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th September 2010, 12:16 pm

I've posted in two weeks...sorry so busy, but still hanging in this challenge.

I've been getting ready for the cold weather, so I'm tweaking my regiment and trying different protective styles. I wore my hair flat twisted in the front and a curly half wig in the back. However, the following week I wore my hair out in puffs all week long. Not good, because I had knots and tangles when I did my weekly shampoo. So I'm back to protective styles..

I've discovered how to use Qhemets Castor Moringa Softening Serum. My hair loves this stuff. I use it as a pre-poo, with my DC and as a sealer when I style. My hair is soft, and very shinny. (I love this stuff!!)

This week I'm wearing twists as a protective style. My goal after I get my ends trimmed..(this I must do) to retain length. By the end of this challenge I hope to have at least 2 inches of growth. I hope that is a reasonable goal.

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th September 2010, 12:18 pm

oooop2 wrote:Ladies..I rocked my BAA for a 70s party on Sat. Talk about fun.

Good TIMES!!!

Outfit + Hair=AWESOME!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th September 2010, 12:23 pm

CrissyQ wrote:I received my amla oil this week, so far I have used it twice. I will oil my scalp with it three times a week. This is my hair after I used the amla

So CrissyQ

Are you pre-poo'ing with the Alma oil? Just curious...I have the powder and I plan to use it this weekend. Been putting that off because I haven't had the time.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th September 2010, 12:31 pm

curlyscot wrote:Can anyone recommend a good deep conditioner? I feel like that's what is missing from my regimen. I have the She Moisture Masque and really wanted to love it but it is just okay - won't be repurchasing.

Any suggestions, homemade or store bought are welcome.

Thanks Chicas!

Hi Curlyscot-

Darcy's makes a great dc. Another curly turned me on to this deep conditioner, and I promise other than the protein conditioner I use nothing else can compare to this. I posted the link below....

It's a little costly but well worth it!

http://darcysbotanicals.com/natural-hair-collection/moisture-conditioning/new-deep-conditioning-mask.html

HTH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyscot 28th September 2010, 1:38 pm

@KinkyNappyHappy - Thanks! I just ordered Bee Mine's new DC. It's pretty expensive so I am going to see how it works before trying Darcy's. I do love Darcy's Botanicals other products so I should've thought to try the DC.
curlyscot
curlyscot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next