CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protective styles for SL two strand twists?

5 posters

Go down

Protective styles for SL two strand twists? Empty Protective styles for SL two strand twists?

Post by QuirkyCurly 28th August 2010, 12:55 am

Hello everyone!

I was wondering does anyone have any ideas for shoulder length two strand twists? I want to wear it up in a bun while i'm working out but it doesn't look right. Some sides of my hair isn't long enough for a bun. I'm also trying to reach APL by this December so of course I have to keep my hair up during this time.

Any suggestions? Smile
Please and Thanks!
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Protective styles for SL two strand twists? Empty Re: Protective styles for SL two strand twists?

Post by DreamMerchant 28th August 2010, 8:06 am

My twists were kind of boring so I bought some of those bobby pins with the jewels on them. I will put my twists in a high pony tail. If there are stragglers, then I would use a pretty bobby pin to catch it and make it lay down smooth. Then I tuck the twisted ends under to look like a bun. I just put a henna treatment in so I cannot share a pic of what I am talking about! ugh
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Protective styles for SL two strand twists? Empty Re: Protective styles for SL two strand twists?

Post by iculukin 28th August 2010, 11:17 am

With my shoulder length hair in order to achieve the bun look I use a banana clip and tuck my ends around the clip as I would any other bun...I also use a black banana clip that way it blends with my hair and isn't real noticeable if I can't cover it all.

I also would do two strand flat twist and pin curl the front and or back with pins or banana clip bun the back with pin curls in the front!!

hope this helps
iculukin
iculukin

Back to top Go down

Post by kbelle 28th August 2010, 8:47 pm

I am trying for the same so I feel ya on not being able to get the sides to cooperate. I actually did flat twists with the two strand twists to work it into the same direction as if I were to gather it into a bun (I hope that makes sense). But instead of making it in to a bun I just let it fall where it may for a funky look. I got lots of compliments at work and people thought I got it done professionally - they have no idea that I was trying to just pin it away LOL. I am doing a PS for retention too so I totally understand!
kbelle
kbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly 28th August 2010, 9:26 pm

Thanks everyone for your responses! Very Happy

@kbelle how do you flat twist the two strands? I'm having a little trouble trying this..
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 29th August 2010, 4:37 am

@naturalsincebirth - if your hair isn't long enough to bun try pinning the sides up with bobby pins.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down