CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Strand Twists for Protective Styling

5 posters

Go down

Two Strand Twists for Protective Styling Empty Two Strand Twists for Protective Styling

Post by CocoaDreamee 9th June 2010, 11:47 am

Soooo....I have been natural for almost two years now. I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on styling etc. But the thorn in my side are twists that are meant to be kept in for protective styling. My hair, LOVES them. It grows like a weed on some kind of new crack! LOL But I look AWFUL! I have tried them dry, I have tried wet, I mastered the criss cross jazz so that my scalp doesnt show, I did them so tiny it took me a week to take them down, I've done medium, big, I've curled, I braided them for the crinkly look....ughhh! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I always get the same results, tiny snake like twists with no volume or body. HELP!! I have SUPER thick hair! Stretched it comes to the bottom of my neck in the back and to my collar bone in the front. So what is the freakin deal?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] What am I missing? I would post a pic to illustrate but I'm too gosh darned ashamed! LOL

Signed
The sad chocolate girl wearing snake twists this week [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CocoaDreamee
CocoaDreamee

Back to top Go down

Two Strand Twists for Protective Styling Empty Re: Two Strand Twists for Protective Styling

Post by labon10 9th June 2010, 12:36 pm

maybe you can add extensions to get the fullness you are looking for. Or maybe you can pin the twists up in some type of style and keep on rolling. Leave a few haning in the face, maybe.

We really need to see a picture to help. Sometimes it's not as bad as you think.

labon10

Back to top Go down

Two Strand Twists for Protective Styling Empty Re: Two Strand Twists for Protective Styling

Post by CocoaDreamee 9th June 2010, 1:06 pm

ok I took pics...sigh...does anyone know how I post them?
CocoaDreamee
CocoaDreamee

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybarbi48 9th June 2010, 1:14 pm

CocoaDreamee wrote:ok I took pics...sigh...does anyone know how I post them?

Hi, CocoaDreamee. Go to the "General" forum thread. How to post a picture is the 4th entry.
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoaDreamee 9th June 2010, 1:17 pm

Thanks ms Barbara
CocoaDreamee
CocoaDreamee

Back to top Go down

Post by Morshaye 24th June 2010, 6:31 pm

CocoaDreamee, we must be hair twins, because I feel your pain girl. I have the same problem. Snake twists, LOL, I like that one. I've just been looking for something else to do as a protective style. I like roller sets, maybe that can work for you. The hair will be off your shoulders and it lasts all week. My hair loves twist outs, but not twists to stay in. I have come to the conclusion that my hair just doesn't want to do it. She has a mind of her own. If you find an answer to the riddle let me know. Good luck.
Morshaye
Morshaye

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th June 2010, 10:05 pm

Hi CD! You may want to try medium to large twists on dry hair. This may give you the volume you desire. For hold and definition, you can try gel, aloe vera gel/gelly, shea butter or any thick butter or shea-aloe (mix of shea and aloe vera gel/juice or gelly).
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down