CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steamers/Hair Hydration Steamers

+16
Fleur
naturallyu
Neems
BeautifullyFree
SuperBadd
Curlock Holmes
Natural-In_Me
Niqui36
Karyn
DaButterflyBAP
jlowman1
ChelleBelle
ChrsLvsBks
misstatum
donnaj8887
chynadoll8799
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Steamers/Hair Hydration Steamers Empty Steamers/Hair Hydration Steamers

Post by chynadoll8799 27th August 2010, 6:10 pm

How many of you have them, and how often do you use it?
Is it worth the money/investment? And do you see a NOTICEABLE difference in the softness, moisture, and specifically DETANGLING of your hair? thanks!

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

Steamers/Hair Hydration Steamers Empty Re: Steamers/Hair Hydration Steamers

Post by donnaj8887 28th August 2010, 12:50 am

Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

donnaj8887

Back to top Go down

Post by misstatum 28th August 2010, 4:43 pm

Thanks for posting this chynadoll....I'm thinking of investing in the Huetiful Steamer and want to know if anyone else has used it.....
misstatum
misstatum

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th August 2010, 10:49 pm

I have the Huetiful steamer. I love it. I use it once a week. My hair is silky soft after rinsing out my DC. I have used it with at least five different DCs. I highly recommend it.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chynadoll8799 28th August 2010, 10:52 pm

bump!

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelleBelle 30th August 2010, 2:22 pm

I also have a Huetiful that I use once a week for DC. I definitely think its worth the cost. My hair always feels soft and moisturized after using it. I'm transitioning and it does help with detangling.

Most salons in my area charge $25 for a steam/hydration treatment so the way I look at it the Huetiful paid for itself in 5 uses.
ChelleBelle
ChelleBelle

Back to top Go down

Post by misstatum 30th August 2010, 3:13 pm

Thanks ladies! I may be investing in one soon
misstatum
misstatum

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 30th August 2010, 6:17 pm

I may be investing in a Huetiful as well, it intrigues me and makes my PJism tingle! lol
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by DaButterflyBAP 30th August 2010, 9:30 pm

I bought one today. I'll let you all know after I get a chance to try it!
DaButterflyBAP
DaButterflyBAP

http://butterflybap.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 31st August 2010, 12:09 am

maybe i can ask for one for my birthday. HEHE. i may have a problem
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 1st September 2010, 1:27 pm

I tried the steamer for the first time today and I love it. My hair was very soft and easy to detangle. I wore twists for 4 1/2 weeks and a twistout for 5 days so my hair had not been detangled in all that time. I was expecting to have a hard time detangling but I believe the steamer made it easier.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural-In_Me 2nd September 2010, 1:08 pm

When you all steam do you put a plastic cap on with whatever oils or conditioners that you choose to use at that time? Just got my steamer in and I would like to use it soon but have no clue as to what I'm doing! HELP PLEASE*
Natural-In_Me
Natural-In_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 2nd September 2010, 4:23 pm

How do steamers compare to putting conditioner on your hair with a plastic cap and sitting under a dryer for 10-15 minutes?
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperBadd 24th September 2010, 11:08 am

I've had the hydration treatment for the first time and boy I tell you!!! The moisture it has locked in and the softness of my hair was unbelievable. I have yet to put any product in it to make my hair shiny and its still shining after 2 weeks. My hairstylist gave me the treatment before she pressed my hair and it allowed my pressed to stay longer. I haven't frizzed up yet and I stay in a state where HUMIDITY lives here and isn't going anywhere - even in the cooler months...I recommend it and will be asking Santa for this for Xmas! Lol!

SuperBadd

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyFree 24th September 2010, 11:23 am

I have to say I also LUV my HUETIFUL...my 1st experience was not good i think because i used poland spring bottled water an a conditioner that i rarely use..4 some reason i was getting brand new w/ that session lol but anyway my hair was a tangled mess, but i'm SURE it was due to the bottled water & different condish...ANYWAY ...i used my steamer this week an giiiiiiirl byyyyyye my hair was SO FREAKIN MOISTURIZED an SOFT!!!!! an detangling was amazingly easy!!!! P.S this time i used REGULAR WATER from the faucet an my normal condish LOL...i think the bottled water was what messed it up the 1st time...
Now Also ladies i got the FACIAL STEAMER..so after i was done doing my hair i took a towel put it over my head an the steamer an let it steam...it was awesome..by the time i was done my face was dripping wet but most imortantly it felt like so much dirt was loosened up an afte i washed my face it felt so clean ...i like it not bad for a extra $10...

so my overall opinion if nothing else definitely invest in the steamer..my hair felt way better than it ever did with just using my hair therapy wrap although i'll still keep an use that in my arsenal as well..but the steamer is the TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTH!!!!!!!!!!! Hope this helps!
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 24th September 2010, 11:37 am

I haven't tried the steamer but you ladies are making it hard for me not to get one. I also found another thread about steamers. steam treatments - Steamers, dryers?
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th September 2010, 11:47 am

Natural-In_Me wrote:When you all steam do you put a plastic cap on with whatever oils or conditioners that you choose to use at that time? Just got my steamer in and I would like to use it soon but have no clue as to what I'm doing! HELP PLEASE*
It is suggested to not use a plastic cap the first couple of times. My thoughts are they suggest this to ensure your hair gets the full benefits of the steam. After a couple of times with no plastic cap, it is suggested to use it.

I do not use a plastic cap. I put on my DC and sit pretty until the steamer indicates I’m done.

CurlyDee wrote:How do steamers compare to putting conditioner on your hair with a plastic cap and sitting under a dryer for 10-15 minutes?
I use to use another method and my hair felt soft. I would apply DC, put on a plastic bag, steaming hot flannel pillowcase (soaked in water then rang most of it out & microwaved on high for 8 minutes), another plastic bag and a towel. I would repeat the process once my head started feeling cool—about 15 minutes later.

My hair was moisturized after doing so. Do not forget to follow up by rinsing in cold water.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural-In_Me 24th September 2010, 8:09 pm

@ChrsLvsBks I have been waiting for you to chime in on this topic since I first posted. Thanks a million!!!
Natural-In_Me
Natural-In_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 24th September 2010, 8:29 pm

CurlyDee I am wondering the same thing. I have an overhead dryer that I dc with. What are the benefits of steaming compared to sitting under an overhead dryer? If there are additional benefits then I might consider purchasing.
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 7th October 2010, 6:21 pm

Bumping...I recently purchased a LCL Pro Beauty Steamer (formally Salons R Us) and I love it. I've been using it for deep conditioning, but I also use it when I put a leave-in on my hair. My hair came out very soft to the touch. Now, I can get almost the same softness using a plastic cap alone--almost. When I washed out the conditioner I kept washing it because I thought I left some of it in my hair, but it was that slick and soft.

Now I bought the LCL steamer because it has a rolling stand. I didnt have anywhere to prop a steamer on top of something in my house. I have children so it's convenient to roll this steamer wherever I
want in my home. Also, it has a huge oldschool dome that helps my hair get maximum exposure. I also made the big mistake of using tap water the first time and my hair felt like candle wax, (too much fluoride in the water out here). I used distilled water and it came out much better.

Final opinion: Not a waste of money, but you can steam in the shower or use a plastic cap without the dryer and get good steaming benefits, IMO. The steamer provided more softness, though.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by CoilyQ 7th October 2010, 11:26 pm

I purchased the same steamer as fleur_nouvelle and I LOVE IT! I BC'd on September 22, 2010 so I'm still really new at this, but it really makes my hair super soft and moisturized!!! I do use tap water with no issues (I live in NC). I'm sitting under it right now with the Curls conditioner, no plastic cap. I will try using it with a leave in....what a great idea! Very Happy

It is very portable, and my 13 yo daughter uses it as well. I used it while transitioning and it helped a lot!
CoilyQ
CoilyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Curliana 7th October 2010, 11:36 pm

I want one!... but law student= no money, and I'm not sure if anyone will be willing to fund this for me considering it's largely unrelated to learning the law, practicing the law or anything even remotely related to school. Soooo...DCing it is. Sigh.
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th October 2010, 11:48 am

naturallyu wrote:CurlyDee I am wondering the same thing. I have an overhead dryer that I dc with. What are the benefits of steaming compared to sitting under an overhead dryer? If there are additional benefits then I might consider purchasing.
An overhead dryer is dry heat while a steamer is moist heat. Since curly natural hair is inherently dry, the dryer is not the best option. It could work with a moist towel and plastic cap due to the heat and water from the towel. I'd say give it a try and see if you feel or see a difference in your hair.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 8th October 2010, 12:53 pm

thats what i do for now crys...i wet & microwave my towel turbie and put it on top of a plastic cap, put on another plastic cap, then sit under the dryer...i'll do this until i get a steamer...
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 9th October 2010, 5:59 pm

I have been natural for 5 months so I am still in TWA mode so will it work as well for me
Laughing
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next