CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steamers

3 posters

Go down

Steamers Empty Steamers

Post by naturallynola 7th November 2010, 5:10 pm

I keep reading about steamers and recently read an excellent post on a blog about the benefits as it relates to maximum absorption of the conditioner into the cuticle. Can some of you ladies who have steamers let us know which model you have, what your observations are regarding the difference in your hair that you attribute to the steamer, and if you knew what you know now if you would purchase the same steamer or another one because of a feature(s) you know is helpful. Also, how long have you been using a steamer regularly. Thanks for sharing Smile

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Steamers Empty Re: Steamers

Post by letha 7th November 2010, 8:05 pm

I got my steamer from
http://lclbeauty.com/

This is the kind I got it take Tap Water Ultra Light Professional Grade Tap Water Hair Steamer in Black. I doubt that I will get a different steamer because the only one that would be left for me to get is a table top and I don't want a table top rather have one that stands on its own. I was using my steamer every week like clock work but I didn't want to use too much steam but now I am back to steaming weekly and just last night I steam on dry hair with Vatika Frosting.

As far as the difference using the steamer my hair is softer and its easier to detangle at 11 months post. Moisture level not quite there yet because my natural hair is dryer than my relax hair so still working on that part but I would say that my steamer along with other products has help my transition a lot.

Only thing the table top steamer looks like it gives off more steam than my steamer but I am happy with the one I have.

letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 7th November 2010, 8:08 pm

I have the huetiful steamer and I love it. My hair is much easier to detangle and so is my daughters. The steamer really helped with my daughters hair because her hair was extremely dry. Things that worked for me did not work for her, or it would work for a minute and then her hair would look dry again. Since I've been using the steamer on her I don't have that issue anymore.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 7th November 2010, 8:10 pm

Oh, forgot to say I've been using the steamer for about 4 months. I steam whenever I wash or cowash which is approximately once a week, sometimes 2 weeks.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 7th November 2010, 10:38 pm

Letha, did they have free shipping when you got yours and is yours the same model as Niqui?

Niqui, you got your twists! They look nice. Did you do them yourself? How long do you plan to keep them in?

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 7th November 2010, 10:52 pm

No I think Niqui is a table top and yea my shipping was free and I got $10 off using the code exoticmommies..

Niqui's is a total different one from mine.. Mine is stand up with different name and hers is table top different name
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 8th November 2010, 9:51 am

Yes my steamer is a table top.
Yep, I got my twists. Yea!!!! This wednesday will make 2 weeks since I've had them in and I did do them myself. I plan to keep them in for 2 more weeks. Hopefully I can make them last long enough to wear a twistout for Thanksgiving holiday. Thanks naturalnola!
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down