CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

...and this is why I haven't had my hair cut in 2 1/2 years

+28
MEGAFAITH
Karyn
sweetdrk1
JazmineB
earynnm
Nyrobi26
Muz
happy2bcurly
Sunshyne
MsKendrala
DaButterflyBAP
BattleKat
Thetruthisoutthere
QuietButterfly
chynadoll8799
BajanPrincess82
Neems
Deva_87
krys419
Niqui36
Ekaette
BekkaPoo
PaganWifey
rayray19
Lynnieluve
krazy coils
WhosThatRedHead
SisterBoyd
32 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

...and this is why I haven't had my hair cut in 2 1/2 years - Page 2 Empty Re: ...and this is why I haven't had my hair cut in 2 1/2 years

Post by Muz 28th August 2010, 7:18 pm

That video is EXACTLY why I did my own big chop. LOL
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

...and this is why I haven't had my hair cut in 2 1/2 years - Page 2 Empty Re: ...and this is why I haven't had my hair cut in 2 1/2 years

Post by Nyrobi26 29th August 2010, 12:42 am

I feel badly for her..felt like crying for her. I do love her videos though and yes, she is very funny.
Nyrobi26
Nyrobi26

http://Nyrobi26@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by earynnm 29th August 2010, 1:30 am

Thats how it was for me ...i grew my hair to by bsl and when i went to get it pressed i got it trimmed and my Stylist cut it to right above apl ....smh man thats where i started .... 4 months of my life wasted
earynnm
earynnm

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 29th August 2010, 5:29 am

oh my god i feel so bad for her. thats why i always flat iron my hair before i get it trimmed. its just safer to cut straight hair because even if they cut too much it wouldnt be as much than if they were to cut the same amount with shrinkage. thats an option if you're scared to get it cut. just be careful with the heat.

and smh @ the women telling her to be careful with natural products. thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard. reminds me of the natural hair expert. . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-Zsu_coZh0
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 29th August 2010, 9:08 am

I haven't even watched the vid and the comments have me upset! I don't want to see it now.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 29th August 2010, 4:56 pm

Jaz! Thank you for that video! I didn't see it and I'm subscribed to her. When I say hilarious! I'm sure my neighbors think I'm crazy! The monostat and almond butter. Lord Jesus! hahahahahahahaha
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 29th August 2010, 5:16 pm

Ok she posted another video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eguemXPDGc&feature=sub

IMO - it doesn't look bad. Its definitely shorter. I think the shape looks really good, but she did get chopped really good in the back,. However, remember she had to stop the chick from evening her whole head. If the chick had evened it all over it would haven funny looking.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 30th August 2010, 1:33 am

SisterBoyd wrote:Jaz! Thank you for that video! I didn't see it and I'm subscribed to her. When I say hilarious! I'm sure my neighbors think I'm crazy! The monostat and almond butter. Lord Jesus! hahahahahahahaha

lol i know right!
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 30th August 2010, 1:44 am

JazmineB wrote:
SisterBoyd wrote:Jaz! Thank you for that video! I didn't see it and I'm subscribed to her. When I say hilarious! I'm sure my neighbors think I'm crazy! The monostat and almond butter. Lord Jesus! hahahahahahahaha

lol i know right!
But folks have actually tried monistat on their hair!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 30th August 2010, 1:55 am

WhosThatRedHead wrote:
JazmineB wrote:

lol i know right!
But folks have actually tried monistat on their hair!!

And that's why that video was so funny! hahahahaah
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 30th August 2010, 2:18 am

man, when i tell you that the hair dresser that DARED to do that to me would get a taste of my eny and jamaica queens. smh. oh man. we would've been FIGHTING.

and i definitely agree with this yt comment: Aww Im so sorry but I have to say your husband made me laugh cause he knew not to say one word! LOL! Smart man! Stupid hairdresser lady!
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAFAITH 30th August 2010, 3:30 am

this is why I did my own Bc and i will trim my own ends once my hair grows out SMGDH
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by princessstar24 30th August 2010, 5:59 pm

This is why Im nervous about going to another stylist. My sister is a stylist and she know's my hair but I can't get to her all the time and was looking for a natural hair stylist but after seeing this video. Ummm i will just wait and let my sister continune to trim my hair. Thanks for sharing this..

Oh and imma have to check out her video about using monistat lol
princessstar24
princessstar24

Back to top Go down

Post by AshElleAye 31st August 2010, 6:07 pm

krys315 wrote:That's her own fault. I am the same way though. I don't want to tell them how to cut my hair...even though i should. I just say trim and expect them to know that means like a half inch

That's how I felt about it. There's no way someone is going to be doing anything to my head and I not know about it. We'd have to be in front of a mirror, have a hand mirror or a friend along. Nope. Sorry. I'll just stick to me and my mom doing my hair.
AshElleAye
AshElleAye

Back to top Go down

Post by Thetruthisoutthere 31st August 2010, 7:22 pm

Thank you Jaz and Sisterboyd for the Youtube videos!

Yes indeedy - the Naturalhairexpert was it for me. I was too through when she whipped out the remedy for clogged pores!

It IS just hair - but our appearance is important to our self exteem.

I think the point that angers me the most is that stylists encourage me to trust them, and though they swear they'll do right by me, at the end of the encounter they walk away with a mumbled "apology" while I have to walk away looking like 'boo-boo-the-fool' with this a) bad haircut, b) flaky/hard/gunky stuff she smeared on my hair, or c) expensive treatment that made no difference whatsoever in the appearance of my hair. "Why are you washing your hair so soon baby? You just got it done".

It seems since the advent of Massey's NO-Poo NoSLS CO-wash movement, that the industry has begun to realize shrinky-kinky hair ain't going away, but the media (check your Sunday newspaper ads if you think I'm kidding) doesn't see shrinky-kinky hair as "model" unless the tresses are voluminous.

I'm not holding my breath until a 4b expert comes along. Cause there aren't any. Loc it, braid it, press it, perm it is about as good as it's gonna get.

NOT!

Sorry for ranting. I felt her pain.
Thetruthisoutthere
Thetruthisoutthere

Back to top Go down

Post by ashleimarie 31st August 2010, 9:21 pm

This is why I did my own BC & why I'm styling & doing my own trims...I haven't stepped in a salon since October 2009 & it's deff staying that way! I feel sorry for her though; hopefully her hair will grow back in no time!
ashleimarie
ashleimarie

http://virtuouscollegechic.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 31st August 2010, 9:41 pm

DAM!!! Been there, done that. Years ago before I lost my trust in stylists. I went in for a trim and left minus 3 inches or so. I had clearly said trim. Afterwards, I realized my definition of trim and their definition of trim are two totally different meanings. From that point on, I didn't care if I hurt their feelings or not, I would show the stylist exact the point where the scissors should not pass. It was painful getting to that point but I had to look at it as their feelings or my hair. My hair won that coin toss!
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2