Help with my 2 years old sons curly hair.

Go down

Help with my 2 years old sons curly hair.

Post by tsa919 on 13th June 2010, 1:30 pm

Hi mamas,

I just wanted your thoughts on caring for a boys hair. I wanna say it is 3b-4c? Maybe. I needed some pointers on what to do with it. I tried applying shea butter to it, thats too heavy. I did try a few things but it seems it doesn't stay moisturized. I don't want to pile on any hair grease then he'd look like a grease ball.lol. ONe day we were going to the park and I put something in his hair and his dad was like girl u wrong for that. Please wipe some of that grease out his head!lol. Soooooooo what are your techniques, or products for lil curly boys hair? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] TIA
tsa919

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help with my 2 years old sons curly hair.

Post by jessimae on 13th June 2010, 7:32 pm

hi! i dont have kids...but i have cousins i baby sit and lotions seem to work on their 4b hair. you can spray with water then apply something like organic root stimulator hair lotion. 3b to 4c is a wide range so i cant tell anything specific. coconut oil would also be something good to try.
hope that helped Smile
good luck
jessimae

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/jesssimae

Back to top Go down

Post by tsa919 on 13th June 2010, 8:46 pm

Thx jessimae! I will try that ans see what happens! Will let u know! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
tsa919

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 on 14th June 2010, 11:50 am

Do you use the unrefined shea butter alone? I can't use unrefined shea butter alone on my daughters hair because it's too heavy but when I melt it down and mix it with virgin coconut oil it's smooth and creamy so maybe you can try that, or try mixing it with another oil.

Are you only looking to keep his hair moisturized? About how long is it?

For moisture I use giovanni leave in and our shea butter/coconut oil mix, but our new favorite is the bee mine lusciois moisturizer.

Good luck!
NikG20

View user profile http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tsa919 on 14th June 2010, 6:48 pm

Hi NikG20,

Let me 1st say that your daughter is the cutest and her hair is like OMG! Me when I was her age.lol.

My sons hair isnt long at all.I guess u can say a teeny teeny weeny afro.lol.I told his dad to stop cutting his hair and let it grow out curly. Yes I used the shea butter alone. Maybe I could try and melt it down. Yes Im looking just to moisturize. His curls are pretty defined already.Maybe I will try the giovanni in his hair.I have been wanting to try the bee mine.I have tried ohm and myhoneychild in his hair but the sizes arent that big. I guess I need to find something and stick to it.
tsa919

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant on 14th June 2010, 11:18 pm

Maybe my new love "Hawaiian Silky 14-n-1" will do the trick! I use it in my two year olds hair and it turned out great. It leaves it soft, detangled, grease free and holds her curls.
DreamMerchant

View user profile http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by tsa919 on 14th June 2010, 11:24 pm

LOL...to your new love. Its ironic because I saw that today in the beauty supply store.
tsa919

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant on 15th June 2010, 12:23 am

I have tried everything on her hair. The shea butter was waaaay too heavy. The coconut oil worked but it absorbed very quickly and in about two hours it was gone. Olive oil was too greasy, Grapeseed oil was too light. Avocado oil worked but not for long. Sunflower oil sat on her hair and done nothing. Caster oil was very thick, that was a big no no. Leaving conditioner in made it lack luster. The Curls line made a mockery of her hair (but they smelled amazing). I do not like that line. Jane Carters Solution made it look great but feel dry. I cannot even think of others right now!
DreamMerchant

View user profile http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by tsa919 on 15th June 2010, 8:47 pm

Lawd Hammercy DM! You have tried just about everything! lol.Wow. You should try Myhoneychild and OHM, and Oyin.That may work if you haven't tried them already? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
tsa919

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kuumba60 on 27th July 2010, 5:28 pm

My son is about to turn two and we've yet to cut his hair. I typically co wash his hair once or twice a week then, use Kinky Curly Knot Today as his leave-in/detangler then put it in cornrows while we watch Curious George Smile
I've actually made a shea butter & coconut oil mix that I use in both his and my hair. I have a small glass jar that I scooped shea and coconut into - prob 2/3 shea to 1/3 coconut. I melted it a bit by sitting it in a bowl of hot water. stirred it to combine then set it in the fridge over night. I typically keep it in the bathroom and at room temp it has the consistency of soft butter. Perfect for putting on his ends.
Also, son's hair has a looser curl than mine, it's probably 3a/b. I've done two strand twists on his hair but he always wakes up with them pointing up and out in every direction.
Oh, and I Cowash with his hair still in braids. I let his hair 'breathe' for a few days every couple of weeks.
kuumba60

View user profile http://www.simpletruths.typepad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mitchellzee on 29th August 2010, 1:24 am

My oldest (8 yrs) has 3b curly hair. We leave his hair longer because it tends to curl better that way. When it's too short it just sticks up and out. I've been using the conditioner only method (on tightlycurly.com). Out of the conditioners that I've tried so far, the Suave Naturals Coconut works best for us. I just recently started using the Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine for a little more frizz control.
One of the best things for his hair though is re-wetting it with a mixture of aloe juice or gel, water, a little veg. glycerin and rosemary eo (preservative). After it's wet, I apply the conditioner. I use a generous amount of conditioner on wash day and then just re-wet on days after that. In the colder months I diffuse his hair on a low setting until dry so he doesn't go to school with wet hair. Once his hair is dry it is soft to the touch with all the curls defined. HTH
mitchellzee

View user profile http://www.curlyincolorado.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down