CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

...and this is why I haven't had my hair cut in 2 1/2 years

+28
MEGAFAITH
Karyn
sweetdrk1
JazmineB
earynnm
Nyrobi26
Muz
happy2bcurly
Sunshyne
MsKendrala
DaButterflyBAP
BattleKat
Thetruthisoutthere
QuietButterfly
chynadoll8799
BajanPrincess82
Neems
Deva_87
krys419
Niqui36
Ekaette
BekkaPoo
PaganWifey
rayray19
Lynnieluve
krazy coils
WhosThatRedHead
SisterBoyd
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

...and this is why I haven't had my hair cut in 2 1/2 years Empty ...and this is why I haven't had my hair cut in 2 1/2 years

Post by SisterBoyd 26th August 2010, 11:25 pm

I'm mad for her and started to tear up for her. Her husband is so sweet! But I have to be honest - why didn't she ask some questions before the lady picked up her scissors?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjcTzRZUEiA&feature=sub
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

...and this is why I haven't had my hair cut in 2 1/2 years Empty Re: ...and this is why I haven't had my hair cut in 2 1/2 years

Post by WhosThatRedHead 26th August 2010, 11:40 pm

I woulda went clean off!! I would not have gotten under the dryer and most certanly not pay for the botched hair cut.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

...and this is why I haven't had my hair cut in 2 1/2 years Empty Re: ...and this is why I haven't had my hair cut in 2 1/2 years

Post by krazy coils 26th August 2010, 11:56 pm

There is no way I could have kept sitting there and then paid her, no way!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 27th August 2010, 12:13 am

I'm still mad about that......I'd sue Evil or Very Mad
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th August 2010, 12:51 am

I watched this video early today. It was a GREAT reminder for me to never set foot in a salon for a hair cut.

She thought because the lady had long locs, she knew what she was doing.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 27th August 2010, 12:59 am

wooow she had me upset too man..dang that's sad 6 months of growth just gone because of a dumb stylist
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 27th August 2010, 3:33 am

Yeah I don't know she someone having locs would make you think they knew what they were doing. Heck many black folks don't know how to properly care for our hair. I knew it was going to be scary when I saw the woman cutting her hair wet and pulling it. That was asking for too much to be cut off. Obviously there wasn't enough discussion before the service was started.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 27th August 2010, 3:38 am

SisterBoyd wrote:Yeah I don't know she someone having locs would make you think they knew what they were doing. Heck many black folks don't know how to properly care for our hair. I knew it was going to be scary when I saw the woman cutting her hair wet and pulling it. That was asking for too much to be cut off. Obviously there wasn't enough discussion before the service was started.
That's what I was thinking.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 27th August 2010, 4:54 am

1. The stylist had a point about researching your natural products and what not to make sure they are what you think they are. And I wouldn't put something on my head that hadn't been tested.

2. If you wanted all of this stuff you should have ASKED. Did you not talk to this broad on the phone before you just walked up in there and let her cut your hair?
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by BekkaPoo 27th August 2010, 10:31 am

I never was much for salons anyways, but I now stay completely away from salons.. most don't know anything about hair, much less natural hair. In my 35 years I've never had a positive salon experience. The last time I went to a salon was 2008 and I would never go back. Thankfully I met a stylist who works with a lot of different hair and when I do need a trim or shaping, I go to her, and even that is very seldom (maybe once a year).
BekkaPoo
BekkaPoo

http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekaette 27th August 2010, 10:41 am

This is making me afraid to even get a trim now
Ekaette
Ekaette

http://public.fotki.com/ekaette/

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 27th August 2010, 11:53 am

@Ekaette, I love your avatar! I'm afraid to get a professional trim too. I think I'm gonna keep doing it myself.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 27th August 2010, 1:03 pm

That's her own fault. I am the same way though. I don't want to tell them how to cut my hair...even though i should. I just say trim and expect them to know that means like a half inch

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 27th August 2010, 1:04 pm

yeah i feel for her. I plan to do the search and destroy myself. and if i need to get it shaped up im going to trusted stylists. and will ask him to blow it out before he cuts.
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 27th August 2010, 4:23 pm

"Why does God put the good hair in the back?" OOO, I understand her frustration. After her cutting so much in the back, I would have gotten up and paid $10 for a wash and left. That stylist wouldn't have gotten to do much more.

The number reason why I haven't gone to hair salon since November
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 27th August 2010, 5:20 pm

I don't trust anyone to cut my hair while its curly. I only get it trimmed like once or twice a year, but its gotta be straight. I know that most stylists are really good with straight hair, so I let them do their thing with it straight so they don't jack me up. Plus, it gives me a chance to switch up my look and wear my hair straight for a week or so.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by chynadoll8799 27th August 2010, 6:03 pm

I LOVE how her husband didnt say much. Just "Im sorry babe". and he aint have NOTHIN to do with that haircut. Smart man!!!!!!

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 27th August 2010, 9:09 pm

I feel so bad for her, but I definitely agree that there wasn't enough conversation before the stylist started cutting/trimming. I don't even think I would go to a salon to get my hair trimmed, because stylists always say they're gonna trim, when what they really do is cut your hair.

QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Thetruthisoutthere 27th August 2010, 10:47 pm

Oh my goodness. I'm feeling her pain. I am right with here when she says she's not going to a salon unless there's folks walking around talking 'Black power'.

Been there done that. Some of these 'natural stylists' are so out of the loop when it comes to 21st century haircare products. If it ain't Miss Jessies, then it aint ____. I have been burned so many times and have come home so upset, and to add insult to injury, my husband states, "why do you let them do that to you?" In a way, I guess he's right - Dusting does not mean take off two inches.

If I'm not feeling that you're in the same place with me when it comes to my hair - from here on out, I promise my hair I won't let you cut it. "I just changed my mind, just give me a deep treatment". I don't care whose feelings get hurt.

I'm not letting anyone with a texturizer touch my hair.
I'm not letting anyone with a relaxer touch my hair.
I'm CERTAINLY not letting anyone with weave exensions touch my hair.

Last month, I went to my stylist to have my nape shaped up, and girlfriend had half the side of her head shaved off. And she had beautiful 3c hair. I'm like, WTH went on here? Did she experience breakage? Evil or Very Mad
Thetruthisoutthere
Thetruthisoutthere

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 27th August 2010, 11:27 pm

I have been trying to get in the shop to get my ends clipped but that video make me nervous. I already talked to the stylist and she said that she would blow dry my hair to cut it. I will make sure she knows to only cut my ends and not try to even it up. If my hair is not even who is gonna no? She has done my twist a couple of times so I trust her to give me what I ask for.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by Thetruthisoutthere 27th August 2010, 11:32 pm

@BattleKat, you're fortunate to have a sensitive stylist. Thanks for the tip!
Thetruthisoutthere
Thetruthisoutthere

Back to top Go down

Post by DaButterflyBAP 27th August 2010, 11:34 pm

every. body. cannot. cut. hair!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some people "do hair" and some people are professionals at their craft. Sounds like she went to someone that "does hair".

I would have cried in the chair. LOL!

Relaxed. Natural. Whatever. I ALWAYS find the best stylist to cut my hair. I think that the cut is the most important part of any hairstyle. A good cut can make a world of difference. But you have to make sure that there is a consultation and discuss expectations. I have even gone so far as to say, "I would prefer 1 inch off. I can come back and pay you again if I need more off."

Also I need some degree of trust. My hair guy could lead me anywhere and I will follow him. I haven't been disappointed yet.
DaButterflyBAP
DaButterflyBAP

http://butterflybap.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKendrala 27th August 2010, 11:41 pm

Last month, I went to my stylist to have my nape shaped up, and girlfriend had half the side of her head shaved off. And she had beautiful 3c hair. I'm like, WTH went on here? Did she experience breakage?

lol thats the style now. . .more then likely that was a conscience decision
MsKendrala
MsKendrala

http://twitter.com/MsKendrala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshyne 28th August 2010, 12:37 am

...i'm speechless!
Sunshyne
Sunshyne

Back to top Go down

Post by happy2bcurly 28th August 2010, 3:33 pm

I feel bad for her but she is soooo funny Laughing I had my ends clipped this week and no one can even tell, which is a good thing. I went to a barber shop that i've been going to for years so I know he knows what he's doing. The night before I cowashed and left some conditioner on my hair, detangled and then twisted my hair up. that morning I untwisted and ran my fingers through my hair to make sure it was untangled. threw my headband on and i was off. He didn't cut off more than he needed to. he said my ends didn't look that bad. I've been having a lot of frizz so I thought I needed a trim. it's been about six months since I got one. Now my hair curls a little better but I still have some frizz.And going to a barber shop is cheaper than a beauty salon.
happy2bcurly
happy2bcurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next