CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is natural hair just a fad?

+17
hippychic
BrownSkinDiva
Umph
sonance
WhosThatRedHead
nattyblog
kbelle
Cnicoles6
Naturalin2010
Ms.Fenty
TheRYL1
bludini1
BekkaPoo
rayray19
Marci Pie
hottvirgo75
Neems
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is natural hair just a fad? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is natural hair just a fad?

Post by zinny 4a kinks 27th August 2010, 1:40 am

BrownSkinDiva wrote:I definitely see a point to what your mom was saying. There are alot of young ladies who want to do it because others are natural, not for a purpose other than just wanting to jump on a bandwagon because it seems cool. Ive talked to some girls who you can tell are just doing it because they realize one of their friends gets more attention because shes natural, so they want to get some attention too. Of course we have the naturals who sincerely go natural for their own reasons..but theyre are those bandwagon naturals, so I see what shes saying...

I know im not a band wagon natural, Im pro wearing your hair however you want to...

i just realized this ! your soo right ! especially some girls in high school .. next thing you know everyone is sayin natural hair is high fashion and boom bang there ya go ! and in all seriousness b.c i am one of the three natural girls in my my school ( literally ) i do get attention b.c of my hair but its not like thats why i did it - and since ive done it , three girls are on their way to big chops one , really just wanted to wear what grows from her hair and the other two - i think are attention starved . ( not just b.c i dont like em lol )
zinny 4a kinks
zinny 4a kinks

http://twitter.com/C_Ezinne_O

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 30th August 2010, 2:30 pm

Jamerian15napps wrote:
i just realized this ! your soo right ! especially some girls in high school .. next thing you know everyone is sayin natural hair is high fashion and boom bang there ya go ! and in all seriousness b.c i am one of the three natural girls in my my school ( literally ) i do get attention b.c of my hair but its not like thats why i did it - and since ive done it , three girls are on their way to big chops one , really just wanted to wear what grows from her hair and the other two - i think are attention starved . ( not just b.c i dont like em lol )

You're funny. My high had a handful of black people too. Every time I had extensions in someone asked how did you get your hair to grow overnight?? LMAO
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Linda 11th September 2010, 11:25 pm

No, I dont think its a fad, moreso a choice. People have choices with their hair straight,relaxed,loced etc. and yes some people do make hair choices on a "whim", but who doesn't/haven't before......I just appreciate and love black women becoming more comfortable with ourselves and not feeling the need to confirm to what has been shoved down our throats as being "beautiful/pretty hair"

Ms.Linda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2