CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shampoo Bar vs Natural Handmade Soaps

4 posters

Go down

Shampoo Bar vs Natural Handmade Soaps Empty Shampoo Bar vs Natural Handmade Soaps

Post by tiashaunteé 24th August 2010, 4:22 pm

Can someone tell me the difference?

I keep hearing(reading) all these rave reviews about shampoo bars and I am trying to keep my curiosity from getting the best of my wallet. I am currently using some all natural handmade bar soap that I got from my mother in law and I love them.

Are they the same as shampoo bars?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Shampoo Bar vs Natural Handmade Soaps Empty Re: Shampoo Bar vs Natural Handmade Soaps

Post by tiashaunteé 25th August 2010, 12:19 pm

I found the answer to my own question on:
https://chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/soapvsshamp.htm

"The main differences between the soaps and shampoos are the amount of castor oil, the proportions of the base oils, the amount of extra oils or superfatting, and the way in which I use infused oils and essential oils.

Shampoo bars usually have more castor oil. The only oil containing ricinoleic fatty acid, castor is a great hair care oil, a fabulous humectant, and contributes to the fluffy, bubbly lather that people seem to like in shampoo bars. "
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Shampoo Bar vs Natural Handmade Soaps Empty Re: Shampoo Bar vs Natural Handmade Soaps

Post by mahoganytresses 16th November 2010, 4:04 am

I few weeks back I was thinking of using my nubian heritage bar soap as a shampoo bar. The ingredients are all natural: Ivorian Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Palm Kernel Oil, Veg. Glycerin, Vit E, Vit C, Milk Chocolate, Hazelnuts, Soaps of Coconut and Palm. (this is the Ivorian Cocoa Butter Soap). I think I still may try it, (I'm somewhat daring!!) but thank you so very much for clearing up the difference between the two!
mahoganytresses
mahoganytresses

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 16th November 2010, 8:47 am

I tried Chargin Valley soaps the sample and it did nothing for me.. They have one that is suppose to have so much slip and moisture that you don't even need conditioner.. That one I didn't try but I thought maybe I did something wrong.. I got like 3 sample bars I really hate to throw the towel in on these..

Tiashauntee did you do anything special oil your hair 1st or just use the bar straight?
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by J.S.M. 16th November 2010, 9:54 am

Soap bars usually contain more oil/fat left over after the saponification process than shampoo bars, so they're a bit more moisturizing. That's basically the only difference. True shampoo and soap bars are both made with saponified oils, so choosing between them really just depends on what your hair likes.

J.S.M.

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 16th November 2010, 10:55 am

letha wrote:I tried Chargin Valley soaps the sample and it did nothing for me.. They have one that is suppose to have so much slip and moisture that you don't even need conditioner.. That one I didn't try but I thought maybe I did something wrong.. I got like 3 sample bars I really hate to throw the towel in on these..

Tiashauntee did you do anything special oil your hair 1st or just use the bar straight?

I haven't used it on my hair yet. I plan too after I use up most of this shampoo I own.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down