CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long did it take you to get from SL to APL?

+4
Lynnieluve
BajanPrincess82
makeupvixen
QuirkyCurly
8 posters

Go down

How long did it take you to get from SL to APL? Empty How long did it take you to get from SL to APL?

Post by QuirkyCurly 23rd August 2010, 6:46 pm

How long did it take some of you guys to get to APL? My length has been pretty consistent..stuck at shoulder length. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad

I know its been growing because it definitely looks fuller. My goal is to meet it in Dec 2010.
Please help!

Very Happy
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

How long did it take you to get from SL to APL? Empty Re: How long did it take you to get from SL to APL?

Post by makeupvixen 23rd August 2010, 9:47 pm

It took me almost 11 months to get from SL to APL.

I had to find a product regi to work for me, it took forever. I had to learn what my hair likes and don't like. Then I had to deal with set backs and protective stylings.

My 4a/4b regi products are:

Clarifying-ACV with rosemary, or hibiscus, or rose hips
Shampoos- JBCO Shampoo or a poo bar
Co Washers: Aussie Moist or Organix (any) mixed with JBCO
Conditioner-KBB Conditioner or Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp
Deep Conditioner-KBB Luscious Locs
Detangler-Aussie 3 minute Miracle
Summer Cream-Shea Moisture Hibiscus Enhancer with Marshmallow root powder, Oyin Whipped Pudding with Hibiscus powder or Qhemet Biologics Burddock Root with Vatika Oil
Winter Creams-Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream with Hair Veda Vitika Oils or KBB Hair Cream with the Hair Butter and Raw Shea Butter Mix and Heavenly Jojoba Oil
Oils-JBCO, Avocado Oil, Sesame Oil, jojoba oil
Styling Cream-Oyin Shine and Define, Eco Styler Olive Oil or Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic
Refresher-Oyin Handmade Greg Juice mixed with distilled water (spray everyday)

I had months and months of hit and misses. It took patience, lots of it.

Now I'm in search of a good growth serum. Now testing Bee Mine Growth Serum (has sulphur) and next JBCO Pimento Growth Oil (has wheat germ, a ceramidie)

Good luck. It took me so long to find my regi but I found something that works.

Oh and I cover my bun with a bun cover and cover my hair with stylish babushkas.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

How long did it take you to get from SL to APL? Empty Re: How long did it take you to get from SL to APL?

Post by QuirkyCurly 23rd August 2010, 11:31 pm

Thanks so much! One question though: where did you buy a bun cover? Very Happy
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 23rd August 2010, 11:34 pm

I got some from amazon.com and some from etsy.com. I love them. I get those ones that are not cotton blend
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 23rd August 2010, 11:37 pm

makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 24th August 2010, 10:56 am

It seems like I've been hovering around shoulder-length forever! Now my hair is longer than its been in a while, but its still around shoulder-length and nowhere near my armpit!

I think my problem is that I don't really do protective styles. I know my hair is growing (I have color in it and the color is definitely growing out), but I'm not retaining length. The closest I come to a protective style is a bun, but I don't even where them long.

Last edited by BajanPrincess82 on 24th August 2010, 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th August 2010, 11:03 am

I am shoulder length/collarbone length now.  I am hoping to be hovering near arm pit length by Christmas or at least the first of the year.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnicoles6 24th August 2010, 9:29 pm

I've had shoulder length hair for a while but I always end up with split ends, just like right now. Found a shed hair on my counter split in two right at the end. Saddness befalls the crowd. Crying or Very sad
Cnicoles6
Cnicoles6

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 26th August 2010, 12:03 am

I keep cutting my hair too often to tell but I think it took me 3-4 months to get to APL
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 26th August 2010, 2:21 am

I'm between shoulder length and collarbone length right now in the back/middle of my head and in the front my hair comes down to my lips. I would love to reach APL by the end of the year!! Very Happy I've recently seen some growth from protective styling, so thats what I plan to stick with to reach my goal.
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 26th August 2010, 11:05 am

Lynnieluve wrote:I am shoulder length/collarbone length now.  I am hoping to be hovering near arm pit length by Christmas or at least the first of the year.

I would love to know your regimen Lynnie. You're hair grew like wildfire over the last year! afro
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down