CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long

+6
ktoliver5303
bholmes87
DreamMerchant
Furlie
Lynnieluve
Songwriter88
10 posters

Go down

How long Empty How long

Post by Songwriter88 21st April 2010, 3:20 pm

Hey, my beautiful natural fam, I was sitting here at my desk thinking about my hair. Right now I have braids because I am transitioning and I am not comfortable yet with bc so this is what I'm doing right now, but any who back to my question lol....okay so how long does it take for you to know the texture of your hair? Please respond!!!!
Songwriter88
Songwriter88

Back to top Go down

How long Empty Re: How long

Post by Lynnieluve 21st April 2010, 3:21 pm

I've been natural 8 months and I still dont know.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Furlie 21st April 2010, 3:39 pm

I honestly didn't realize how curly my hair was until I cut off the last little bit of my raggedy relaxed ends.
Furlie
Furlie

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 21st April 2010, 6:05 pm

I read somewhere where this woman still did not know what her natiral hair was due to so much scab hair. She stopped relaxing and was about 3 months natural and all that new growth was scab hair.

IDK.....
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 21st April 2010, 7:08 pm

I can't tell you the exact amount of time but I will say that the texture you see while transitioing is most like NOT the texture you'll have once you BC!!! It's a little deceiving to one type of curl while transitioning and another texture when you're fully natural, but that seems to be a trend. And like Lynnie said, it may take many months after that to know your "true" texture.

But this is not to discourage you at all!! It's exciting to see your hair come into its own Very Happy
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Songwriter88 22nd April 2010, 10:04 am

Wow I never heard of scab hair..that is scary...thanks ladies for your feedback...I will have to wait and see Smile
Songwriter88
Songwriter88

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 22nd April 2010, 11:58 am

LOL @ Scab hair. I don't really pay attention to hair type and texture I just pay attention to the growth and health of my hair. I have no clue. But I can say be patient.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 22nd April 2010, 12:19 pm

i agree with what everyone else said. personally my hair texture hasnt changed from when i was transitioning to now, however, for some reason my newly natural hair has a completely different texture than my new growth did when i was relaxing consistently..

im starting to think maybe that new growth was scab hair cuz it was really hard and a hassle to comb and sometimes didnt even respond to the relaxer..

anywho, i would just enjoy your hair and make sure its healthy texture isnt really that big a deal [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Songwriter88 22nd April 2010, 12:23 pm

Okay now what exactly is scab hair?
Songwriter88
Songwriter88

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 22nd April 2010, 12:39 pm

from what ive heard its basically hair that has grown out of a scalp/hair follicle that has been damaged by relaxers. the scab hair is usu. hard, wiry,dry and may be unresponsive to whatever you put on it like moisturizers and maybe even heat

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 22nd April 2010, 2:14 pm

My hair texture has literally changed 3 times since I BC'd almost 3 months ago...it went from being very coarse and dry (one month), minimum curl definition, to less dry and coarse, medium curl definition (2 months), to well moisturized, soft, and maximum curl definition (almost 3 months). I still have a section of scab hair on the left front of my hair, a lit bit on the sides, and in the middle of my scalp (that part was always the first to grow in the fastest and thickest when I needed a touch-up)....my hair continues to change as time wears on and is still adapting to my daily regimen...like everyone said patience is key.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd April 2010, 5:48 pm

Ha great question...and uhm sorry I can't help you!! All I know is my hair is currrrrllllleeeee! LOL!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd April 2010, 6:29 pm

Sweet you are too funny ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Songwriter88 23rd April 2010, 12:21 pm

Lol sweet...thank you Kinda sounds nasty to me a little bit lol..but from what I seen before I got braids I dont have any scab hair (thank goodness) lol....thank you ladies...and Poundcake thanks for sharing your experience with your hair texture Smile
Songwriter88
Songwriter88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down