CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weave and Protective Styling

3 posters

Go down

Weave and Protective Styling Empty Weave and Protective Styling

Post by jktsmith1908 23rd August 2010, 2:34 am

Hello ladies! I'm new here but I can say already I am truly loving what I see with natural hair. I've had maybe 3 relaxers in the last 10yrs (last one was a year ago) so I consider myself natural however I don't wear it out. This site continues to build my confidence and I'm planning to let the weave go, no relaxer JUST ME by the end of the year. In the meantime I'm wanting to get some length bk after having it cut back in march. I read about all these products and conditioners, treatments, etc and would like to kno what type of products would you all suggest to use while wearing a protective style that may include weave I.e. Kinky twist (w/weave). Is this a bad idea in general? Any feedback, references, tips, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!:-)

jktsmith1908

Back to top Go down

Weave and Protective Styling Empty Re: Weave and Protective Styling

Post by Karameldiva1978 28th August 2010, 12:14 pm

WELCOME to the forum! Now, I've never had kinky twists, but I can tell you that while I had micros, after two weeks to let them "set", I pampered my hair as normal. I used a homemade moisturizer in a spray bottle and then sealed with BRX braid spray which has tons of great oils and natural "goodies" for hair. I would also oil my scalp with castor oil or wild growth oil. I would also clean my scalp with an herbal shampoo and q-tips. I always received a great growth.

The trick is not to overdo it so that you lose your protective style.
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperBadd 1st September 2010, 1:43 pm

I currently have a sew-in and I moisturize and treat the hair just as I would my natural hair. My leave out is not that large but whatever is out I maintain as well as oiling between my braids and shampoo and conditioning as well.
Don't spray oil sheen because it will have your weave greasy and that's not too hot! That's the only don't I have really. HTH!

SuperBadd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down