CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weave Ponytail = Protective Style??????

2 posters

Go down

Weave Ponytail = Protective Style?????? Empty Weave Ponytail = Protective Style??????

Post by NhappyJackie 6th October 2010, 11:46 am

I am thinking about getting a weave ponytail for the winter months, but of course I have a question. Is wearing your hair in a ponytail covered with weave considered a protective style? Technically the ends are tucked away, but I'm concerned about the tension that will be put on the hair with the ponytail holder.

Has anyone used weave ponytails for protetive styling before? Did you notice any breakage or loss of length?

I guess I'm getting a little tired of my twists even though I love them.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Weave Ponytail = Protective Style?????? Empty Re: Weave Ponytail = Protective Style??????

Post by laleepop14 6th October 2010, 12:05 pm

I was just gonna say I do believe they can be a protective style if done properly. But like you said I have known people who complain about the tension it puts on your hair. Me myself cannot stand pnytails for longer than a few days...So maybe if you wear it for a few, take it down and redo it might not be so bad but I havent had much experience with ponytails, just my two cents...
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Weave Ponytail = Protective Style?????? Empty Re: Weave Ponytail = Protective Style??????

Post by NhappyJackie 6th October 2010, 1:33 pm

Thanks laleepop14. I do plan to redo it every couple of days. Actually, I want to do flat twist in the front with the ponytail in the back. And I actually love ponytails, which is why my family didn't believe I was going to BC so early.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 8th October 2010, 4:04 pm

Okay great!!! Then I think you should be fine. Good luck and keep me updated...Smile
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down