CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the best leave in conditioner for transitioning hair??

+2
Naturally Esq
holleywood79
6 posters

Go down

What is the best leave in conditioner for transitioning hair?? Empty What is the best leave in conditioner for transitioning hair??

Post by holleywood79 22nd August 2010, 7:54 am

Hey everyone. I'm a newbie at transitioning(8 and a half months). What is the best leave in that will leave in that will leave my hair soft and easier to manage as I do protective styles. Currently I'm doing the two strand twists and curling the ends..
holleywood79
holleywood79

Back to top Go down

What is the best leave in conditioner for transitioning hair?? Empty Re: What is the best leave in conditioner for transitioning hair??

Post by Naturally Esq 22nd August 2010, 9:40 am

Everyone's hair is different, so "the best" will be determined by what works for you. My hair is 4a/b, fine texture, and I have been transitioning since 9/09. I use Giovanni Smooth As Silk Xtreme Protein Infusion when I need a heavy leave in and Giovanni Direct Leave In when I need a lighter leave in.

Be sure to balance the protein and moisture in your hair produts. Here is the link to a great article: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69
HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

What is the best leave in conditioner for transitioning hair?? Empty Re: What is the best leave in conditioner for transitioning hair??

Post by TICTACTAN 22nd August 2010, 9:55 am

Ok i'm not transitioning from a relaxer but i am transitioning from heat damage and stylist always forget that i am technically 100% natural because the heat damage is just that bad pale Anywho, i have tried just about everything so here are my top picks:

KKKT(KINKY CURLY KNOT TODAY)- EXCELLENT SLIP, WORKS WELL WITH SEVERAL STYLING CREMES I USED AND PROVIDES SOME SERIOUS SHEEN! All natural, no protein, no glycerin. Will probably be my go to during the winter and when my hair has enough protein.

OYIN HONEY HEMP CONDISH- EXCELENT SLIP, nice shine, make my hair look silky someone even said i had "good hair" LOL whatever that means... i think this has some glycerin so it may not be the best for the harsh winter months,

Desert Essence green apple and ginger- Ok so i had to table this for awhile because it has a bit of protein in it so after several successful months of using this my hair was overloaded with protein(of course their were some additional contributors as well) Very moisturizing, ok slip, smells delish, and nice shine.

HTH!
TICTACTAN
TICTACTAN

Back to top Go down

Post by holleywood79 22nd August 2010, 9:24 pm

Thanks ladies!!!
holleywood79
holleywood79

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrenaissance 22nd August 2010, 9:37 pm

I like Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Milk...detangles very well & smells yummy.

I have also been using HH Hydralicious Reconstructing Cond. as a leave it & it works well too. Very thick & creamy.

I have tried Kinky Curly Knot today & it does work wonders, but it's pricey.
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 26th August 2010, 10:36 pm

I used Giovanni Direct and Nexxus Humectin when I wanted something heavier.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mahoganytresses 28th August 2010, 1:38 am

8 months in and using KCKT leave in if I want something light or Shea Moisture Leave In if I need a heavier leave-in. Recently bought Giovonni Direct Leave In but haven't tried it much yet.
mahoganytresses
mahoganytresses

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down