CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newly Chopped and Emotional

+2
Naturally Esq
flex12
6 posters

Go down

Newly Chopped and Emotional Empty Newly Chopped and Emotional

Post by flex12 21st August 2010, 11:59 pm

Hi all,

I am new to this whole natural thing and very emotional about why I decided to embark on this journey. To make a long story short, I tried a new perm. Unfortunately it was a box perm and being a college student going the professional route can be difficult. So with trying a new type of box perm than i normally would have my hair fell out badly. On top of having it color for sometime, it felt like everything just fell apart. And I went into an emotional state of shock because this has never happened to me before. This happened on Thursday (Aug 19). The next day I went to a stylist who stated to me alot of my hair that was left would have to be cut off. I did not know that it would be just about all of it. But she stated it will grow back.And I know it will and I know that everything in life has a master plan behind it. However, I miss my hair. Its so different when you chop it off by choice and when you have to get it chopped because its by forced. I havent received any negative comments from those who have seen my newly chopped hair. People love it, but I dont love it. I always wanted to go natural but I never thought it would be under the circumstances that it is. I have a friend who has been natural for 9 months now and knows great products to help my hair to grow healthy on my new journey. And I trust that I am in great hands. I just miss my hair And wish it would grow already, but I know that takes time. And this itself would be a test of my patience and a lesson learned. I just want to know how to be cope emotionally? I still get choked up when I think about it. And since the incident I'm terrified of every attempting to come close to getting a perm.

flex12

Back to top Go down

Newly Chopped and Emotional Empty Re: Newly Chopped and Emotional

Post by Naturally Esq 22nd August 2010, 12:58 am

I am sorry for your loss. Please recognize that you are grieving the loss of your hair and having a good cry (as often as you need to) is ok and is something that will help you release your emotions. Take things one day at a time. Forgive yourself and give yourself credit for surviving this experience.
HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 22nd August 2010, 9:34 am

I totally agree...hair is an emotional thing and you were forced to do something you weren't prepared for...it was traumatic and you need to allow yourself time to heal. I hope you feel better soon. You've found a great, supportive community, so jump right in. Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 22nd August 2010, 6:45 pm

Wow, that is a tough break. Hair is part of us, so it is hard to say good bye to it.

Have you thought of wigs? It's not the best long term solution, it's probably better to just face short hair and not get people around you wondering how your hair grew so fast! And I don't know if hair grows as well in wigs.

But, wigs might help you be able to look in the mirror and not be shocked with short hair every time.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrenaissance 22nd August 2010, 9:34 pm

So sorry. I hate that you're going through such a tough time. I hope the negative feelings pass soon. I agree w/Naturally Esq. Just let it out when you need too.
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 25th August 2010, 4:21 pm

Yeah it does pass or hopefully it will. I am currently 3 months natural after 10 months of transitioning and after I chopped, I really didnt like my hair. I am just now starting to like it, but this journey takes extreme patience!!! I am still trying to find my holy grail product but do have some staples...

You can always cover it up until you feel more comfortable... You know we are here...Meaning the curlynikki girls...
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down