CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I BIG CHOPPED! :)

+2
ninachandre
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
6 posters

Go down

I BIG CHOPPED! :) Empty I BIG CHOPPED! :)

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 11th July 2010, 3:13 pm

I did it! After about 6 months of transitioning I've finally gotten rid of my relaxed ends! I had origionaly planned on transitioning for a year w/braids and trimming along the way but I just couldn't take it anymore and went for it! I started my transition w/a pixie cut and did my 1st mini chop of 1inch @ the beginning of June. Well Friday I went and did another mini chop of 1 1/2 inches and when I left the shop and washed it I realized I only had like half an inch of relaxer left! And I saw all these cute lil curls popping up and was like WHAT AM I WAITING FOR! IT'S TIME! So yesterday I went back to the shop and had her finish the job and I have to say...the new me is gonna take some getting used to LOL but I am so proud of myself. I love the curls but I am not so in love with my length. It's not even like I have a twa...Its more like an odd shaped curly fro! LOL Also Ive had no positive feed back b/c my family hates it but u know what? I have no regrets about my decision and I am ready to embark on my next journey of growing a new type of confidence and a new head of healthy natural hair! So anyway ladies please feel free to comment on my BC (u can be honest lol) and give any suggestions u might have. Oh yea, I had a couple questions:

HAIR TYPE: Can u take a look an tell me what hair type/types u think I might have? (I'm just kind of curious and would like to learn how other curlies with a similar texture care for their hair)

PRODUCT/STYLING SUGGESTIONS: Heres what I use now: (and I've just been doing wash n go's)
Nexxus Therrappe Shampoo
HEHH co-wash
Nexxus Humectress deep condit.
Giovanni Vitapro Protective Moisture leave-in spray
Vatika oil
Coconut oil
Shea Butter/coconut/olive/jojoba mix (moisture)
Eco Styler w/olive oil

(THANX LADIES! Sorry for the long post I'm just so excited!) woot! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[img][/img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

I BIG CHOPPED! :) Empty Re: I BIG CHOPPED! :)

Post by ninachandre 11th July 2010, 3:28 pm

ok ur hair is absolutely gorgeous!!Idk what ur family is seeing, and dont worry about the length i think it looks nice on u and it will grow out full and healthy. Sorry i cant answer ur ?'s I'm new to this as well but im anxious to see if the products u listed are sme i should try.

ninachandre

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 11th July 2010, 5:31 pm

I would say you're definitely 3c. Your curls look a little too loose to be 4a, and your roots /seem/ straight, and your curls are too tight to be 3b (IMO). Your hair probably looks shorter when it's less moisturized doesn't it?, giving it a 4a appearance?

Is your shea butter/jojoba oil/etc/ mix what you used to moisturize your hair in this picture, or the leave in spray...or both lol, because I would love to keep my hair having that wet look lol. I love my hair wet and fully moisturized, and while my moisturizer does its job, it only does so much. So if you could clarify, I would greatly appreciate it. Smile

I think your hair looks beautiful, don't worry about what your family says. They see you daily. I wear glasses and people I know think I look funny without my glasses (which doesn't happen often), while people who don't know me think I look better w/o glasses. So if that makes sense, it's sometimes harder to like a change in a familiar face. They'll come around eventually, because they'll have to deal with it right?!

As for comments, Love the hair, love the moisture, I personally love my headbands, and think it gives TWA or afros a better look to them in the case of wash n' go's. I'm like a headbandaholic -how's that for a new word!- ^-^

My hair type is from 3b-4a all over my head (from what I can tell). Since I am the owner of my jumbled head, I can look at it more indepth and notice these different types. I have corkscrew 4a in the middle of my head, 3b in the front, and 3c everywhere else. The front is normally the loosest, so who knows, maybe you have 3b there too! I think you probably do a better job with your hair than I do! LOL. But I use Herbal Essences and Joico for washing. I have very frizzy hair (that only obeys staying inline with tons of moisture), and HE's None of your frizziness, and Organix Shea Butter helps a lot with that. Sooo uhh yeah,

Enjoy your Naturalness. Smile
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 11th July 2010, 6:41 pm

Thanx so mush for the encouraging words ladies you have made my day! Very Happy Treece to answer your question in the first pic my hair was wet and it had HEHH in it then I rinsed that out and for the next 2 pics I had applied my products in this order: leave in, she mix, seal with coconut oil, and distribute a lil eco styler. Then I slapped on a headband an went on about my day! Oh yea and you are right about the texture of my hair...it does look shorter when its not moisturized and looks more like a 3c/4a when its like that. So maybe 3c/4a is my texture?

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 11th July 2010, 7:54 pm

Thanks for your reply. Smile

Awww, well I'm definitely going to have to make some of your shea mix one day, and pick up some of that leave in you use. o.O

Your hair really doesn't look 4a to me, I could be wrong, you may have some in there! I believe that moisturized hair should be our true texture, not hair that's "missing" its essential "nutrients" I.E.: dry hair. HTH a bit, of course this is all just my opinion. Smile
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by lil' lulu 11th July 2010, 8:09 pm

You look so CUTE with your cut. (i know, i know you are not supposed to call grown women cute) It just fits your face. It "looks" like whatever products you use you should go light on, you don't want to use anything that'll weigh your hair down. Keep it simple. *just my opinion* ohh get some side hair combs pin up one side and get your grown and sexy on. Go on with your bad self.

lil' lulu

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 11th July 2010, 10:04 pm

Lulu makes a good point, and the products could also be giving it the 3c appearance. either way I like it lolol.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 11th July 2010, 10:33 pm

Thanx lulu! Hey I'll take the cute comment girl! A compliment is a compliment and its way better than what Ive been hearin around the house for the past 2 days! LOL I will take that advice and try the less is more approach with product. I actually find that my curls tighten up a lot with the product in it. My bare naked hair seems 2 b a looser curl. maybe I should see how it dries with no product just as an experiment..

Back to top Go down

Post by lil' lulu 12th July 2010, 12:18 am

It must be difficult. But anyone who can BC without knowing what to expect is BRAVE in my book. Do your thang.

Get it together-India.Arie

One shot to your heart without breaking your skin
No one has the power to hurt you like your kin
Kept it inside, didn't tell no one else
Didn't even wanna admit it to yourself
And now your chest burns and your back aches
From 15 years of holding the pain
And now you only have yourself to blame
If you continue to live this way

[Chorus:]
Get it together
You wanna heal your body?
Get it together
You have to heal your heart
Whatsoever you sow you will reap
Get it together

You can fly fly

Dark future ahead of me
That's what they said
I'd be starving if I ate all the lies they fed
Cause I've been redeemed from your anguish and pain
A miracle child I'm floating on a cloud
Cause the words that come from your mouth
You're the first to hear
Speak words of beauty and you will be there
No matter what anybody says
What matters most is what you think of yourself

[Chorus]

The choice is yours
No matter what it is
To choose life is to choose to forgive
You don't have to try
or hurt him and break his pride
Just shake that weight off
And you'll be ready to fly

One shot to your heart without breaking your skin
No one has the power to hurt you like your friends
Thought it would never change but as time moved on
That ugly duckling grew up to be a swan
And now your chest burns and your back aches
Because now the years are showing up on your face
But you'll never be happy
And you'll never be whole
Until you see the beauty in growing old
[Chorus]
[chorus]
you can fly fly fly fly...
you can live or you can die
you know that life is a choice you make
you can give or you can take

you can fly fly fly fly
you can fly fly fly fly...

lil' lulu

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 12th July 2010, 12:08 pm

Your hair is beautiful. I just bc'ed a few days before you and I have gotten a lot of mixed reactions as well. My son even said that my hair looks like a paint brush-lol! Over time though the confidence will come- after all it's the way God intended us to be. Before I bc'ed I spent a lot of time looking at and showing my family lots of pictures of naturals to help reprogram our concept of beauty and I think that helped a lot.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by MzTaly 12th July 2010, 6:18 pm

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!! You go girl....I join you in the bc, I did mine friday. Yay!!! for naturals!!~!
MzTaly
MzTaly

http://www.youngdreamsbig.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 12th July 2010, 7:01 pm

Thanx for the responses ladies. Ive gotta tell ya...I'm falling more and more in love w/my hair everyday Very Happy Oooh and Freckledmom and MzTaly congrats on ur big chops! Lookin good girlz!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down