CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DC for color-treated hair

4 posters

Go down

DC for color-treated hair Empty DC for color-treated hair

Post by elleeccentric 21st August 2010, 11:22 am

Hello curlies,

I colores my hair a few months ago and i've ha to adopt color-friendly products into my line up.
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good DC that is color friendly, store bought or homemade?

I was thinking of adding some oils and honey to my Yes To Cucumbers but i'm not sure if the oils and honey would take away the color-sheilding properties of teh YTC.
I need help.
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

DC for color-treated hair Empty Re: DC for color-treated hair

Post by blondie 21st August 2010, 12:22 pm

a ton of raw honey, a couple of tbsp of pure vitamin E(32,000), a gob of raw coconut oil, jojoba oil, coconut milk, a smidge of whatever non-silicone conditioner to thicken it up, leave it on at least overnight with a plastic cap and turban....rinse with cool water only
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 23rd August 2010, 10:02 am

elleeccentrin. Just wanted to say that I love Loreal for color. I suggest just mixing another moisturizing conditioner in with it or adding your own moisturizing things to it like the vitamin e and coconut milk. Yummy. I think the oils might cling to your color and strip it out. Well that's what happened to me a lot.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Blondie wont all that oil take out her color?
Also Blondie I just wanted to recommend this hair color for you next time you decide to dye. This color is me 2 years ago when I color lifted my hair to an orange color then added a bright red like RIhannas hair color ontop. Then this is the color it faded to. i loved it. It matched my eyes. I think it would look HOT/FIERCE on you. At the time I was self conscious about being orange headed but I got tons of compliments
This is what it was when I color lifted it

then this is what it was when I first dyed it. Without the fake nose of course. LOL

Then this is me with the faded cute result that I think would look great. I don't know if you have ligth eyes or not but if you do it will really bring them out. Also it will look great on your complection too. But I love your hair blonde too! Just a suggestion for another time. You seem to like to dye your hair like me, so this is an option.

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 26th August 2010, 11:11 am

Thanks for the suggestions ladies. i'm so afraid of the color fading quickly; i'll try out whta you recommened
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 6th September 2010, 12:44 am

I recently colored too and need to switch up my regimen.

@ Blondie...how often do you use the DC mix above you recommened? And also as Krys asked is there a problem with oils stripping the color.

@ElleC, have you found anything you like yet?

I'm thinking of giving L'Oreal Everpure a try. I'm also going to look into the L'Oreal Vive Pro too.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down