CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garnier Fructis Curl Scrunch Gel

4 posters

Go down

Garnier Fructis Curl Scrunch Gel Empty Garnier Fructis Curl Scrunch Gel

Post by AdriEm 16th August 2010, 4:09 pm

I bought some EcoStyler gel a while back (the olive oil one) and use it to make some twists and it just dried my hair out to no end so I quickly ditched but then I found the Garnier Fructis Gel and it's given me the best twists I've done so far. My hair still got a bit dry, I think that's just how it handles gels, but I'd still use it unless I could get a better substitute that wouldn't dry out my hair (different gel or a butter and hopefully something in stores so I won't have to buy online. Also oiling the twists afterwards helped with the dryness.

So just wanted some alternatives and to know if anyone else has tried this and what were their results.
Thanks in advance.
AdriEm
AdriEm

Back to top Go down

Garnier Fructis Curl Scrunch Gel Empty Re: Garnier Fructis Curl Scrunch Gel

Post by Fleur 17th August 2010, 10:31 am

For me, it's not favorite product. I've only been natural a month, but my
daughter has been rocking her natural hair for 12 years (she's 12, lol). I've had the same experience with the product--dryness and unbelievable shrinkage. Recently I've been using Samy's Curl Defining Gel and it is hands down the best product for me and my daughter. I don't know about
you, but I want definition and hold with the feel of not having a holding spray in my hair. I'm all about instant gratification. I haven't read too much about the Samy products at all, but I
love it and it's dirt cheap. I spray jojoba oil lightly on my curls and I'm good in 100+ degree heat for hours. If you like the way the Garnier looks, but
you hate the dryness, then you may need to
tweak it with something else to get the results you want! I understand when I read posts of products being mixed or manipulated. Good luck!
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by BekkaPoo 17th August 2010, 12:18 pm

I have just started using this spray gel and I like it because it's light and not too crunchy in my hair. I use this on wet hair, comb through, and air dry. I also plan to use it for pin curls and for twisted/braided styles.
BekkaPoo
BekkaPoo

http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AdriEm 17th August 2010, 5:00 pm

Hi and thanks for your responses.
I used the gel on dampened well oiled hair and I've been oiling it regularly and that seems to negate the drying effects of the gel. Also I might have been a little heavy on the product because of past twisting fails -__-. In any case I only twist about every other month so hopefully it won't do too much damage.
I bought it at K-Mart and didn't see any of Samy products but I'll be on the look out for it.
Thanks again.
AdriEm
AdriEm

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 18th August 2010, 9:10 pm

I use Herbal Essence Set Me Up Gel (Max Hold). It's better than the Eco. It hasn't dried my hair out.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AdriEm 18th August 2010, 11:24 pm

Thanks Renny. I think I saw that when I was buying shampoo but I won't be able to try it for a while since I'm going off to college tomorrow morning and very likely won't have a chance to buy anything besides books, but thanks again.
AdriEm
AdriEm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down