CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garnier Fructis Cream Gel Issues?

+2
jlowman1
CurlyChefRobin
6 posters

Go down

Garnier Fructis Cream Gel Issues? Empty Garnier Fructis Cream Gel Issues?

Post by CurlyChefRobin 28th October 2010, 10:49 pm

This week I bough AOHR and Garnier Fructis Cream Gel. I did a DC with the AOHR. Not quite sold on it but I want to try it again. The Garnier was ok. Left my hair soft and shiny but it felt a little "producty". I co-washed and my hair felt HORRIBLY dry, especially the back. I just didn't have time to shampoo and DC so I baggied last night with oils and in the morning rinsed and did a quick co-wash with HEHH. I did a WnG with Kimmaytube mix and KCCC. My hair is felling better now. Anyone have that happen with the garnier fructis? I'm wondering if it's the mineral oil that's in it that stopped my hair from getting in my moisture? I also had white specks in my hair. NOT HAPPY. :-( It could have been that I was too heavy handed though. I tend to be with products. I may try it one more time and see what happens. I was a little worried about the mineral oil but it got such rave reviews from Nikki. I do know what works for one may not work for all. Idea
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Garnier Fructis Cream Gel Issues? Empty Re: Garnier Fructis Cream Gel Issues?

Post by jlowman1 2nd November 2010, 1:02 am

I loved my results with the cream gel. I put a little jojoba oil under it just to make sure I didn't get crunchy results and I got a really soft fluffy twistout, no white specks. I only use a teeny amount on each section of hair so you may have used a little too much. HTH!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 2nd November 2010, 1:59 am

when I take down twists out or braid out when using the cream gel my curls are shiny and defined, but my curls get uber fizzy and hair feels sticky after a couple of hours. It good to use if i want to fro it or put my hair in a puff. I dont think i'll buy the cream gel again
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeya 2nd November 2010, 10:43 am

I tried the Cream Gel this weekend and wore my WNG for 3 days (not that it looked good for 3 days but I was lazy).

I used Shea Moisture DTM and EVCO then the gel sparingly because it felt so slippery...I didn't get any white flakes. Day 1 my hair was nice and soft and had beautiful defined curls. By day 2, my hair was dry and feeling a little tacky so I wore it in a pony tail until last night when I clarified to get the mineral oil out.

I'll try it again later in the week to see if I can prolong the day 1 results with different technique. Luckily, if it doesn't work, it's cheap enough to toss!
Takeya
Takeya

http://www.justtakeya.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 2nd November 2010, 12:50 pm

I have used that gel without flakes. I did not realize it had mineral oil. Ugh! Should have read the ingredient list. Either way, I get great results the first day with just a little conditioner underneath. My biggest issues are I don't like the feel of it on my hands when I'm twisting and also whenever I work out- and sweat heavily- the hair goes poof!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 5th November 2010, 9:58 am

Thanks ladies! I'll try it again using less. Embarassed

I am a little concerned with the wash out. I had to shampoo and I did and acv rinse. I really don't like dry hair.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnagwen 6th November 2010, 2:44 pm

Hey, ladies! Glad to have found this post regarding the Garnier product line! Just tried one of their styling creams this week, specifically, the Survivor Tough It Out Glue. Much like CurlyChefRobin, I experienced some usual dryness, with strangely enough, I found that using my diffuser (to dry) and my concentrator (to style) softened my hair up, almost immediately. And while I DID get some flaking, I'm not sure if that from (1) me being too heavy-handed, or (2) the Garnier not playing well with the HEHH I used as my leave-in. While trying to keep a sectioned-off front portion of my hair somewhat soaking wet, I thought to apply a little more HEHH and water, and ended up with residual Garnier in my palms, mixed with the HEHH and saw an ugly flour/clay-like consistency on my hands. I immediately rinsed my hands, and continued with applying the styling products, understanding that what I saw probably meant there would be product build up of some sort on my hair. Let me just say that the results were phenomenol: (1) curl definition and shine, particular at my hairline, that I only see when my hair is soaking wet; (2) lighter (in terms of weight) hair that felt and looked thicker than it ever has with styling gels; and (3) big hair for days that has stood up to Philadelphia's recent change in weather (windy, rainy and cold).

After seeing any sort of film or flaking of a product in my hair, I'd usually toss it, but the results for me were so impressive (and even noticeable to other people), I'm going to give this product another shot, but with some fine-tuning of application and leave-in usage. Maybe a slightly lighter leave-in, or maybe even using THEIR leave-in. Either way, this product gave me just the look I always thought my hair could have. BTW, I also bought the Curl Sculpting Cream-Gel, too, and can't wait to see what results IT yields!
Donnagwen
Donnagwen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down