CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miss Jessie's Products

+43
CSI
sunbaby
FloridaSunshine
robinlouise
1rasheda
HADARAH
BattleKat
LadyMika
Stacye
QuietButterfly
cherece
lexibugg004
dr.neely
Babs2009
CocaColaCutie
Melly86
Moni
DanceOnTheSkylines
tamtam
svrbrownsuga
Lynnieluve
HAMPTONSFNST
BajanPrincess82
cherry
divagirl1970
Sunshinecurls
GrowingThere
dajewel
crvng4mr
RoseNaturalBeauty
rawrrxxjessie
natural83
krenea
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
mojo
CurlySpeechTherapist
NewRibena
divadr175
Mimi
ChrsLvsBks
Intelligentbeauty
tamtam7
47 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Miss Jessie's Products - Page 2 Empty Re: Miss Jessie's Products

Post by Sunshinecurls 26th November 2009, 2:55 am

If you had to compare Miss Jessies products to Afroveda products how would they match up? For example Buttercream vs. Shea Amla.....I have Afroveda products but I am interested in MJ's especially since the sale will be going on.
Sunshinecurls
Sunshinecurls

Back to top Go down

Post by divagirl1970 26th November 2009, 7:59 pm

I've been using Miss Jessies since my BC a 2 yrs ago. The products work really well on my hair. My hair never feels crunchy. I love the curly pudding and baby buttercream. I have tried a lot of products some that work and some that don't. It's not all natural but my hair loves it and I get the results I want. They are pricey...I buy during their holiday sale when they have buy on get one free.
divagirl1970
divagirl1970

Back to top Go down

Miss Jessie's Products - Page 2 Empty Miss Jessie - works for me

Post by cherry 30th November 2009, 8:10 pm

My curls a spring shaped and very tight. Miss Jessie's makes them heavy enough to 'fall', no frizzy and let's me do my hair once or twice a week (I'm lazy).

My directions:

Let my hair get sopping wet and finger comb in the shower
Section it in 3 or more sections (so it keeps wet)
Section into smaller pieces for the 2 strand twist
Microwave my shea butter (100%)
Take small section put in the butter cream (just a small smidge)
Coat that with my shea butter
Gently comb/finger detangle and two strand twist
Depending on how large the sections it can take up to 2 hours
Next day untwist
If it's the weekend I just leave it in the 2 strand for the weekend (my hair is VERY thin and took a while to get used to the reality of my hair vs the fantasy that it would look like Nikkis!)
On Monday gently separate and the rest of the week sleep in silk. As the week goes on the curls become softer with their wave and appears 'thicker'
cherry
cherry

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 1st December 2009, 5:51 pm

I first tried the curly pudding and hated it. I decided to give Miss Jessie's another chance and I tried the stretch silkening cream and the curly meringue. Both products seem to do the same thing, and I love them both. I don't use them to "shingle" my hair, or wash-and-go, I use them for 'setting'. I wash my hair and while it is soaking wet I section it in 4 and apply the product(s). From there I do my twists, flat twists, or braids, then seal the ends with my shea butter/coconut oil mixture, and let it dry overnight (usually takes like 12+ hrs to dry). In the morning I take the twists/flat twists/braids out and my hair is soft, defined, and smells lovely.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 3rd December 2009, 12:16 pm

I agree with Intelligentbeauty and koils. The products are loaded with the ingredients we're told to stay away from and they're overpriced. Has anyone ever checked the website? When I decided to transition I thought about consulting a natural stylist. Well a two strand twist is about $65. $65?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I've decided that I am my hair's best stylist and will continue to be responsible for it's health. I depended too much on stylists when I was permed...I transitioned for a reason.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd December 2009, 7:47 pm

I have the Baby Buttercreme (shout out to my sister in law who purchased it for me). I wasnt about to pay $60+ for 16oz of product!!!!! I can say I like the results of my twist/twist out. I havent tried a lot of products but so far this gave me the best results. Even though I like, once it runs out, that's it for me. IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 3rd December 2009, 11:03 pm

my co-worker took her daughter to mj in brooklyn this summer and spent over $300...shhhhhhhhhyt not from MY pockets! aint nothin they can tell me for $300 that shanay-nay cant tell me for a $25 target gift card n bottle of hennessey! how in the heck can u charge over a $100 for a twist out n etc. however, since curlmart is havin the bogo sale i may need to break down and get the rapid recovery deep treat cuz it IS good. i cant justify payin $50 for ONE jar but 2...uh yea!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th December 2009, 11:59 am

LOL @ NubieNatty!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by svrbrownsuga 5th December 2009, 6:11 pm

Miss Jessie's products are ok. I like the curly pudding, buttercreme and babycreme. im not the biggest fan curly maringue.
Everyone has different opinions and hair type so if I were you, I would try out the samples and then see if you like the results.

btw The buy one get one free sale is going on right now Very Happy until 12/31
svrbrownsuga
svrbrownsuga

http://www.fotki.com/svrbrownsuga

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam 11th December 2009, 5:37 pm

I have used the Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding and Curly Meringue product and it did nothing for my hair. So I even went to the beauty salon that I brought it from to see what I was doing wrong. Long story short and $80 later, I still saw no results. However I have also used the baby buttercreme and the regular buttercreme and they are good moisturizers but I am sure there are other products that work way better for cheaper. Before I bought the Miss Jessie's, I was using shea butter, vitamin e oil, coconut oil and things of that nature along with the IC sparklelites styling gel and I liked the outcome of that much better. Also, Carol's daughter works well for me also I used it when I had relaxed hair and I use it on my natural hair.
tamtam
tamtam

Back to top Go down

Post by DanceOnTheSkylines 12th December 2009, 2:22 am

Right after my BC, before I locked my hair, I used Miss Jessies' Baby butter cream and it made my hair really curly. It took my 4a/3c and made it look almost completely 3c! I've just recently heard about the bad ingredients, but they didn't effect my hair negatively at all and the variety of scents are nice.

DanceOnTheSkylines

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 14th December 2009, 3:19 am

Another thumbs down here. I used the curly pudding a few months after my BC and it made my hair look dry and frizzy, the complete opposite of what it was supposed to do. I got better curl definition just using conditioner to shake and go! And don't get me started on those ingredients! I have learned that I don't need a whole lot of products to get my hair as defined as its gonna get.
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi 19th December 2009, 9:36 pm

Did you know that Miss Jessies hair products contains mineral oil!? parafinium liquidum bad bad bad! That's why it is an over rate product! So beware of it if you want to keep mineral oils out of your hair!

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post by Melly86 20th December 2009, 10:14 am

I was in love with miss jessies products. I would notice build up or residue on the second day Mad I realized then, I could get the same results if not better with just my leave in conditioner and some oils tongue

Melly86

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 28th December 2009, 8:24 pm

i got the curly pudding and baby buttercreme during the BOGO. I liked them for my twistout. i didn't notice any buildup or dryness, but once i'm done with it i likely won't repurchase bc it costs too much.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2009 31st December 2009, 2:52 am

Mimi wrote:Did you know that Miss Jessies hair products contains mineral oil!? parafinium liquidum bad bad bad! That's why it is an over rate product! So beware of it if you want to keep mineral oils out of your hair!

This is my main issue with MJ prices. I might as well buy a bottle of Pink Oil moisturizer and spice it up with my own natural ingredients.

Miss Jessies used to be less expensive and made with all natural beneficial ingredients.....GOOD ingredients for the hair. Then they took out the good ingredients, replaced with mineral oil and hiked up the price.

Babs2009

Back to top Go down

Miss Jessie's Products - Page 2 Empty Ms. Jessie's Products

Post by dr.neely 15th January 2010, 5:58 pm

So far I've used a number of products that were suggested to me on the Curly Nikki website and my transitioning hair was extremely dry when I did two-strand twists with flexirods and let my hair air dry overnight. Nothing worked...leave in conditioners, unrefined shea butter, you name it - I tried it. I finally went for a consultation at a natural hair care salon because I wanted to do a big chop right away since transitioning was not working. My hair was shedding and the relaxed ends were horrible. The consultant suggested Miss Jessie's curly pudding, buttercreme, and a spray-in protein conditioner by Paul Mitchell. I washed my hair that night with a sulfate-free shampoo and deep conditioner and went to work. My hair was amazing the next day - soft to the touch and the curls were well-defined. My boyfriend noticed it right away. I was glad because I can transition longer to obtain more new growth before my big chop. I guess it depends on your hair type also. For me, Miss Jessie's rock!
dr.neely
dr.neely

Back to top Go down

Post by lexibugg004 15th January 2010, 6:39 pm

i think most naturals over look the fact that the creators of the products both have what the call a "silkener" and also encourage most of their salon customers to use this process. this may effect how the product work and the results achieved!!!!
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by cherece 15th January 2010, 6:49 pm

I used Baby Buttercream for my Wash and Go's when I first BCd. I loved the curl definition I got but I was able to get better results for a lot less money by using a little Giovanni direct leave in followed by EVOO. And, even though I like the smell of the product, it tended to be a little overpowering for me.

cherece

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 16th January 2010, 7:45 pm

Their products are pricey, but I just bought some when they had the holiday BOGO sale. So far I've only tried the Curly Meringue on a twist out, with damp hair and I didn't get the results I wanted, but I did notice that it really defined my curl pattern which was a plus. I'm not totally turned off just yet, I'm gonna keep trying and see if it gets better the next time. :-)
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacye 17th January 2010, 12:23 am

I use to love th baby buttercream back in 2006. But I purchased some during the christmas sale and it just didnt do what it use to. As a matter of fact I was definitely product happy that day and purchased the curly merigne and rapid recovery. I didnt care for anything. I think I got all hyped reading the feedback on there site and looking at all the ladies beautiful hair. Boy, I am the type of consumer brands LOVE... fooled easily!
Stacye
Stacye

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 21st January 2010, 12:47 pm

I must admit that I like the meringue for my twists. I didn't like this product for my WNG's and i started to give it away. I am SO happy that I gave it another shot with a different style. BTW- it smells SO GOOD!!!!

I use my KBB coco mango hair butter on the ends. I am in love with how my hair smells.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 21st January 2010, 3:43 pm

I'm not a fan of Miss Jessie's products, from the price to the way they make my hair feel. I can't stand the buildup and the smells are overpowering. Especially as a type who MUST get water in their hair (when it's out) every two to three days to keep my scalp and hair fresh. I'd have to SHAMPOO AND CLARIFY every two to three days to get that crud out. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 22nd January 2010, 1:56 am

I bought the sample pack on amazon.com and shipping is only $1 for anything over $50. I have not used anything yet but tomorrow I am going to try the coil out. The only products that I have purchased for natural hair is the Kinky Kurly and the MJ sample pack. I am in my trail and error stage on a limited budget so I am not going to be able to do a lot of experimenting. I will try and post pic after I try it.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 26th January 2010, 12:46 am

OK, I did a coil out with the MJ Curly Buttercreme. I coiled it on Friday and sat under the dryer. Saturday morning I did a 5 mile run in the park and my hair was wet so I recoiled it on the ride home. When I took it out later that day it was very frizzy. It didn't turn out like I expected. I don't know if it was me or the product. I won't be trying the coil out again but will be trying out more products in the sample pack.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next