CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miss Jessie's Products

+43
CSI
sunbaby
FloridaSunshine
robinlouise
1rasheda
HADARAH
BattleKat
LadyMika
Stacye
QuietButterfly
cherece
lexibugg004
dr.neely
Babs2009
CocaColaCutie
Melly86
Moni
DanceOnTheSkylines
tamtam
svrbrownsuga
Lynnieluve
HAMPTONSFNST
BajanPrincess82
cherry
divagirl1970
Sunshinecurls
GrowingThere
dajewel
crvng4mr
RoseNaturalBeauty
rawrrxxjessie
natural83
krenea
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
mojo
CurlySpeechTherapist
NewRibena
divadr175
Mimi
ChrsLvsBks
Intelligentbeauty
tamtam7
47 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Miss Jessie's Products Empty Miss Jessie's Products

Post by tamtam7 16th November 2009, 9:18 pm

Hello ladies!

I'm fairly new to this board and I wanted to know your opinion on Miss Jessie's hair products. I am considering purchasing some of these products and wanted to know your thoughts. Are there any products that you like more than others? Are there certain products that work best for certain styles? How does this product line compare to some of your favorite natural hair care products? Are there any products on this line that make your favorites list?

TIA
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Miss Jessie's Products Empty Re: Miss Jessie's Products

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th November 2009, 1:10 am

I am an 8 month transitioner(that may make a difference), but I did not like any of her products. I purchased the 45 dollar gift set early in my transition process, about 3 months in, and bought the 2 shampoos she has. The recovery condish did absolutely nothing to my hair, and the curly mer, pudding, and all the others were to smelly and made my hair hard. Once I looked at the ingredients, I saw that some of the products had the bad stuff within (mineral oil, petro, sulfates in the shampoo). I still have the stuff. I plan to use the products without the bad ingredients in my hair again once I big cut to see if anything will change.
Just one person's opinion!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 17th November 2009, 11:20 am

Thanks for commenting Intelligentbeauty. I've been thinking about using these products and I haven't seen a whole lot of reviews on this site about them, so I just wanted to get some opinions. This information truly helps. Thanks again!
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 17th November 2009, 12:11 pm

I received the Baby Buttercreme when I had a natural hair consultation. As Intelligentbeauty stated, the products contain ingredients curly heads are warned to avoid. The Baby Buttercreme has mineral oil and parabens. I used the creme to seal my ends a couple of months ago on two and three day hair. I cannot recall if it helped, hindered or made a difference.

I love Karen's Body Beautiful. I have tried her hair milk, butter, jojoba oil and cream. I like them all. The hair milk and cream are wonderfully moisturizing. The jojoba oil and butters were good also. I prefered the cream over the butter. They each had a different fragrance-Egyptian Musk, vanilla latte, cranberry cocktail. I really liked the cranberry cocktail and vanilla latte. The Egyptian musk is too light for me.

Another line I like is Jane Carter. I have tried her LI, replenishing conditioner and nourish and shine. They smell citrusy. The replenishing conditioner and N&S are moisturizing. The N&S is used to seal. The ingredients are a host of butters. I would use the conditioner as a LI over the LI. Her LI is watery, and I prefer thick and/or creamy conditioners.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 17th November 2009, 1:21 pm

Thanks ChrsLvsBks! I'll have to try the products that you've recommended. I've never heard of them. And thanks again ladies for the advice on the ingredients to avoid. I will definately consider that in my search for hair products. I've worn my hair natural for 10 years now, but reccently started straightening it, but I'm getting back into the more natural hairstyles so I'm trying to experiment with new products. Thanks again for the info!
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi 17th November 2009, 3:31 pm

I'm not happy with the products. The baby buttercreme smells so awful! I can't come near people without complaining that my hair smells awful! The smell is strong that the first time it gave me almost a headache! I didn't apply much, and later on with the strech creme my hair just puffed up! The quick curls, curling pudding, strech and meringue are oke, but no results for me! Their products are expensive and didn't work me.

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 17th November 2009, 3:58 pm

Mimi, I noticed that the products are expensive too. That's why I was concerned about the products and wondered whether or not they were worth the price. Thanks for your opinion.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by divadr175 17th November 2009, 4:41 pm

My sister swears by the buttercream and the "Creme DeLa" conditioner and shampoo. She uses the Rapid Recovery Treatment for deep conditioning once a month. She's used these products for years and is happy. My hair did not like the RRT and the curly meringue didn't do much for me. I'm still working through the rest of my samples but don't expect much from the pudding. Will let you know, though.
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by NewRibena 17th November 2009, 6:32 pm

I tried the Curly Pudding about a year ago and wasn't impressed. Last week I decided to give it another try...it reacted with my leave in and made a terrible white clumping mess. There are other cheaper, natural product lines available - here's just a few examples.

Afroveda
Qhemets Biologics
Oyin Handmade
Karen's Body Beautiful

Each line has individual products that usually work better depending on your hair type and what your needs are.
NewRibena
NewRibena

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlySpeechTherapist 17th November 2009, 8:45 pm

CD=horrible ingredients. My favorite lines are much more natural: KBB, Oyin, and Aubreys...
CurlySpeechTherapist
CurlySpeechTherapist

Back to top Go down

Post by mojo 17th November 2009, 8:50 pm

Hello all! I'm new to the world of natural hair. I big chopped about 3 weeks ago. Prior to my bc I ordered the Miss Jessie's sample set with all of their products. While I was transitioning I used the curly meringue my for braid outs and found that it worked great on blending my natural and permed hair. Since my big chop I've found that the Curly Pudding works great to define my curl without as much shrinkage (there is still some though) and less frizz. I use the Buttercream in the mornings to refresh my look if I don't co-wash that day. But I also, like today, just use the buttercream sometimes and it makes my hair soft and still keeps my curls poppin. I actually love the smell of these products but they do have unscented versions too.

My advise, try it for yourself because each persons hair is different. I will be the first to say that this product is off the chain expensive, but in the past 3 weeks I've other things (Kinky Curly, IC Gel, Carol's Daughter), some of which were less expensive, and they just didn't give me the results that Miss Jessie's gave me. So it's really subjective. The only way to find out is to try it. The sampler is about $50, which is pricey but it gives you a sample of everything.

For my "twa" at this length, Miss Jessie's are the only products that give me the results I like. Best of luck to you! Enjoy the process.
mojo
mojo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi 18th November 2009, 1:09 am

CurlySpeechTherapist wrote:CD=horrible ingredients. My favorite lines are much more natural: KBB, Oyin, and Aubreys...

I just wanted to try CD, but now I'm not! First one of the other lines if I'm able to get them.

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 19th November 2009, 2:40 pm

i mainly used the mj buttercreme when i rocked the even steven (as pictured) from my bc. now as my coils are forming i noticed u cant mix it with ANYTHING or those buildup balls aka the snowflakes/mini moth balls show up in ur hair! yuck! and yes being expensive deters me away! CD-i've only used the hair milk which is thick n creamy and the elixir i use on the go and in a pinch but she can get pricey too!

since im new to the natural game im experimenting with different moisturizers myself, so im open to suggestions too...
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi 19th November 2009, 4:33 pm

NubieNattyTwn-kisha wrote:i mainly used the mj buttercreme when i rocked the even steven (as pictured) from my bc. now as my coils are forming i noticed u cant mix it with ANYTHING or those buildup balls aka the snowflakes/mini moth balls show up in ur hair! yuck! and yes being expensive deters me away! CD-i've only used the hair milk which is thick n creamy and the elixir i use on the go and in a pinch but she can get pricey too!

since im new to the natural game im experimenting with different moisturizers myself, so im open to suggestions too...

I noticed that too!

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 19th November 2009, 4:47 pm

OK, I have seen TWA several places. What does that mean?
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by krenea 19th November 2009, 4:55 pm

krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 19th November 2009, 5:56 pm

lol, teenie weenie afro's! i used to say the same thing when i stepped on the natural scene!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 19th November 2009, 8:01 pm

Thanks Krenea & Nubby Natty! I will be sure to consult the natural hair dictionary going forward! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 20th November 2009, 12:12 am

I dont' use a lot of Miss Jessie's products, but I DO love the Curly Pudding! That stuff works awesome on my hair when I want to rock a "wash-n-go" look! I've used it for a while, and have never had a bad experience with it! I guess it just depends on your hair type!

I tried the Curly Meringue before too, and didn't like it as well. But I give 2 thumbs up to the Curly Pudding! I've also used the Baby Buttercreme and the Curly Buttercreme, both for moisturizing. I like the Baby Buttercreme the best because it smells great, and it just does better for me! And yes, her stuff is pricey, which is the downside of it! Lately I haven't been using it as much because I've learned about so many other great products. But, the curly pudding will definitely stay in the rotation!

For those that haven't used it before, I say try it to see what works best for you! Remember, no 2 heads are alike!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 21st November 2009, 9:43 pm

I have the buttercream and use it for my edges. I plan on buying the small size of the curly pudding and meringue to try it out before the BOGO sale for the holidays. I definitely want to try them before I buy a large quantity of it. Now that I have found a store that sells it in Charlotte, I can purchase samples first.

I do agree that you must try things first. What works for one person might not work for the other person.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by rawrrxxjessie 22nd November 2009, 4:17 pm

I don't like their products, too expensive for no reason.
rawrrxxjessie
rawrrxxjessie

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 22nd November 2009, 4:25 pm

Hi!!! I would not recommend their products....it looks good and has amazing results, but when you read the ingreidnents, it's full of mineral oil, parabens and other synthetic stuff, you will come off better and cheaper going to the beauty supply store! Their products are too expensive not to have all natural ingredients!
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

http://www.koilsbynature.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 22nd November 2009, 5:18 pm

I agree with koils.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 22nd November 2009, 6:25 pm

i also agree with koils
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by GrowingThere 24th November 2009, 11:17 pm

I have the Creme de la Creme and Curls (shampoo and conditioner) - These are okay, but I co-wash now, so David Babaii Hydrating Conditioner is my fav and VO5 Moisture Milks is my 2nd fav (for now...), so my $16.00 bottle of Miss Jessie's conditioner gets limited use.
I have Quick Curls - when I did my BC the stylist recommended it, said it was best for my curl pattern...I don't like it...Prefer Eco Styling Gel (olive oil), I used the Curly Meringue while transitioning...I didn't have anything to compare it to, so it worked fine...haven't tried it on 100% natural, and I use the Baby Buttercreme for moisture before bed and in the mornings...I love the smell, this might be the only MJ product to remain in my product line-up!
I hope this helps someone...but like many have said, no two heads are alike, in which case I say, experiment them for yourself! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
GrowingThere
GrowingThere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next