CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

natural hair compliments & musings

4 posters

Go down

natural hair compliments & musings Empty natural hair compliments & musings

Post by swt_sunny 3rd August 2010, 7:53 pm

Even though I'm still transitioning (7.5 months so far, yay) I've been wearing my hair in curly puff for the last 3 months or so. Before I started transitioning I had greatly underproccessed hair (by mistake, not by choice lol) so it when I style my hair in certain ways it looks as I am fully natural.

Anyways, I recently got a blow out & the 2nd trim in a series of trims. When I went to work, everyone was saying how they didn't recognize me, but that it looked nice. Once of my caucasian co-workers made the comment, 'Wow it looks really good - that must be so cool to have such versatile hair! Curly one day and next straight.' I always read about how much our natural hair can do on many hair websites, but for some reason her comment really resonated with me. She's totally right, and somehow it made me feel proud! I feel like I had an 'a-ha' moment for a minute LOL. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I know there is an ongoing hair compliment thread on the site - but I thought I'd kick off the start of a new month w/a question. What recent hair compliments have you received? Did you have any moments that made you think or just feel good about having natural hair?

swt_sunny

Back to top Go down

natural hair compliments & musings Empty Re: natural hair compliments & musings

Post by BajanPrincess82 3rd August 2010, 8:57 pm

A lady in my gym approached me with a smile on her face and says (while looking at my hair not at my eyes) "where did you get that hair from? Oh, wait, that's yours isn't it?". I had to laugh at that! I was wearing a twist-out puff (sort of like the one in my picture) and it was cute, but I didn't think it looked too good to be true! So I told her yes, it was mine and she said "well, its beautiful" and walked away. Usually people just look at my hair, but they don't compliment. Hearing a compliment from someone other than my husband felt great!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 4th August 2010, 3:36 am

I got a lot of compliments when I went to Jamaica. I also got a lot of How'd you get your hair to do that?? as well.

I think the best compliment I got recently was from a family friend after I showed her my graduation pictures (I straightened my hair). She said "Straight hair on you looks really nice but when It's curlly... WOW"

I'm still smiling thinking about it Smile
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 4th August 2010, 7:30 am

It was one of my afro days at work, and one of my coworkers told me "I like your hair out." It pretty much made me feel like my afro is getting bigger therefore more fab [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down