CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annoying comments

+20
Renny
krissyc39
Ms Hood
kbelle
LivinandLovin
SeanymphPrincess
curlybarbi48
Lynnieluve
FreeFroMonet
natural813
C.
cyclingchick
WhosThatRedHead
KeetaRay
songbird
tiffytaffey
jac.attack
Ebbz
ChardaeD
candycane1224
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Annoying comments  - Page 2 Empty Re: Annoying comments

Post by kbelle 4th August 2010, 11:41 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:When I get the "you have that good hair" comment, I always respond, "You do too. You just dont know it yet." Then I ask, "When is the last time you've seen your natural hair? And I'm not talking about new growth!" They always get quiet on me......wonder why? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I love this comment.

And if one more person says that I have the "head for it" as well as the good hair comment, I think I will spit nails. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] What the h#ll does that mean??
kbelle
kbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Hood 5th August 2010, 1:42 am

I don't know guys, the 'good hair' comments don't bother me. I think b/c I have such a slick mouth. I always respond with "Oh, you mean the fact that I have edges?" or "U mean hair that's actually healthy?' or "U mean the way GOD wanted it to be? Wool-like, like HIS?" I have a million of them depending on the state of the person's hair I'm talking too. And don't let their hair be broken off! Whoo child!
Ms Hood
Ms Hood

Back to top Go down

Annoying comments  - Page 2 Empty growth

Post by candycane1224 8th September 2010, 11:40 pm

Just wanted to share my hair growth, almost to the 3 month mark & i've got a ponytail =)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
candycane1224
candycane1224

https://www.facebook.com/candygirl1224

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 9th September 2010, 12:20 am

very cute!!!

I used to get the good hair "compliment" a lot but ever since going to a liberal arts university (Go Tar Heels!) I get compliments like "I really like your hair!" or most recently "Yo hair is delicious, grah!" (LOL!). I like the fact that people are more open here and less likely to classify their hair as "bad".
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 9th September 2010, 12:26 am

cyclingchick wrote:As my breast cancer survivor friend said..."I thought my hair was 'bad' until I lost it" I know that's heavy, but it makes a lot of sense. Good hair is healthy hair...period.

Amen.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by candycane1224 9th September 2010, 12:29 am

thanks @krissyc39!

yes i totally agree with you. that is good that they aren't so close minded there
candycane1224
candycane1224

https://www.facebook.com/candygirl1224

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 9th September 2010, 12:30 am

Lynnieluve wrote:When I get the "you have that good hair" comment, I always respond, "You do too. You just dont know it yet." Then I ask, "When is the last time you've seen your natural hair? And I'm not talking about new growth!" They always get quiet on me......wonder why? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I wasn't going to read this thread, because I'm avoiding anything that says "good hair", but I'm glad I did, because Lynn, that was the response I was looking for. Thanks for sharing it.

Last edited by Renny on 9th September 2010, 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeya 9th September 2010, 10:58 am

I get so many comments on my hair and they are all so funny to me. Recently, I was at Sephora eyeing the Carol's Daughter display when a stylist that works there asked if I needed any help. After a few minutes of chatting, she told me to try the Hair Milk so I pulled my hair down from the high pony. She grabbed a section of my hair to apply the product then told me that I have "foolish" hair...LOL! That was a first. I just laughed and agreed..."It is foolish!".

By the end of the conversation she explained that she only meant that my hair fooled her into thinking it was more coarse than it feels when she touched it. She also had to plug her salon and told me that I should come in and get a silk blow-out because my hair would look amazing. I'm still laughing...some people just don't know how to react to natural hair!
Takeya
Takeya

http://www.justtakeya.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 9th September 2010, 12:06 pm

I gotta use this one! I too was naive to the fact that I HAVE GOOD HAIR.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 9th September 2010, 12:16 pm

candycane1224 wrote:Just wanted to share my hair growth, almost to the 3 month mark & i've got a ponytail =)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BEAUTIFUL.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 9th September 2010, 12:18 pm

Ms Hood wrote:I don't know guys, the 'good hair' comments don't bother me. I think b/c I have such a slick mouth. I always respond with "Oh, you mean the fact that I have edges?" or "U mean hair that's actually healthy?' or "U mean the way GOD wanted it to be? Wool-like, like HIS?" I have a million of them depending on the state of the person's hair I'm talking too. And don't let their hair be broken off! Whoo child!
Sometimes you gotta go there! I've done so myself with a cousin...
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 9th September 2010, 1:59 pm

Foolish hair???? That's a first.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 10th September 2010, 11:35 am

Takeya wrote: She grabbed a section of my hair to apply the product then told me that I have "foolish" hair...LOL! That was a first. I just laughed and agreed..."It is foolish!".

By the end of the conversation she explained that she only meant that my hair fooled her into thinking it was more coarse than it feels when she touched it. She also had to plug her salon and told me that I should come in and get a silk blow-out because my hair would look amazing. I'm still laughing...some people just don't know how to react to natural hair!

I've never heard of foolish either. I get the comment "I can't wear my hair like that," but I've never gotten oh you have "good hair," lol. I have the kinky hair that shrinks but people are just shocked when they see it in a twist-out like in my pic. Now that I'm fine with the hair God gave me I don't mind the hair envy. It's hilarious, imo. If they only knew that good hair is all about healthy hair.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 11th September 2010, 9:27 am

Alright ladies, this thread touched my heart in so many ways. For as long as I can remember I had "yo daddy's family's nappy hair", which of course was a big blow to me because my father was not around. So not only are you not here but you left me with this horrible nappy hair! LOL! I hated my hair more and more and as soon as I was able to I relaxed (after a horrible jheri curl in the 80's). I longed to have "good hair" and said the same things to so many naturals. "My hair won't do that." "You just don't understand, you have good hair." One of my favorites, "You haven't seen this stuff (my hair) when it's not relaxed!" I was uninformed.

Fast forward to now. There are several "curlies" in my office and they all have different textures of hair. I kept meeting curlies out and about and it amazed me how beautiful their hair was. I still kept making those comments but people were patient with me. I am now relaxer free for 6 1/2 months and I BC'd about a month ago. I now get the "good hair" comments and I usually tell people no I don't. My hair is natural and healthy. Good hair is healthy hair. The term that I longed for to describe my hair is now a term that I don't like used to describe my hair.

I didn't mean for this to be so long but I just wanted to say that many people don't know better and are conditioned to think that way. Be patient and help people love their hair. I'm glad people did that for me.

Last edited by CurlyChefRobin on 11th September 2010, 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 11th September 2010, 9:27 am

Love that Lynnie!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2