CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My straggly-tangled ends!!

4 posters

Go down

My straggly-tangled ends!! Empty My straggly-tangled ends!!

Post by Tylersmom 2nd August 2010, 3:59 pm

Hi,

I'm transitioning....at first I wanted to be texlaxed and then decided that I'd rather go natural. So I have about 3 inches of fully relaxed hair, 4-5 inches of texlaxed hair and about 2 inches of natural hair...my texlaxed and natural hair blend very well-it's the relaxed ends that are stressing me out!! I hate them. They get tangled in balls, creating breakage and I end up combing them out. I mainly co-wash and wear braid outs...

Is this normal? Should I just cut the ends off or keep going? I really want to maintain my length. I am LOVING my natural texture [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tylersmom
Tylersmom

Back to top Go down

My straggly-tangled ends!! Empty Re: My straggly-tangled ends!!

Post by LCnewjourney 2nd August 2010, 4:42 pm

If you're really wanting to keep length, I'd suggest maybe a very mini-chop. Just trim a bit of the ends and see if that helps. It's hard for me to know what the problem is based on what you've written. I'm transitioning from tex-lax just like you and have found that things are pretty a-ok until I get to the relaxed part! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The other things is that wearing your hair out may be contributing to the tangling. Maybe try a bun or some other protective style of your choice.

I feel you though--I want to maintain my length as well!

LCnewjourney

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly126 2nd August 2010, 4:57 pm

@Tylersmom

I've been experiencing the same thing! Sometimes I don't think I'll make it to a year of transitioning because so much of my relaxed hair gets tangled in balls and I have no choice but break my hair off by combing them out! I end up losing chunks of hair. Its so frustrating [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Butterfly126
Butterfly126

Back to top Go down

Post by swt_sunny 2nd August 2010, 9:34 pm

I'm transitioning (7.5 months so far) and I have the same problem. I think its mostly due to color that still on my ends from some highlights. I've been trimming the ends away gradually in phases - probably have one more trim left of 3 (to get rid of the color). My hair is a little shorter than I'd like, but getting rid of them is helping the overall look/feel of my hair; I really hope it will help w/ the tangle issue!

swt_sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down