CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*xtremelyperfect*

+50
Treece
cyclingchick
Umph
Cnicoles6
KeAnia
MellowOne
TheRYL1
mstokes2008
QuietButterfly
nattyblog
WhosThatRedHead
Muz
DreamMerchant
jlowman1
mrsmackey
priceless
krazy coils
CrissyQ
TriniCherryPrincess
ktoliver5303
CurlsGalore
Nikcoils
NhappyJackie
tiashaunteƩ
CocoEuro
LaToya28
Cherry: extraordinary!
Winnielours
SheeTacular
bholmes87
StephanieB
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
Miss CurlyT
traveljunkie08
truet
Juices-n-Berries
AfrikanLatina
Intelligentbeauty
ChrsLvsBks
sweetdrk1
Freestyles
HumanNature
Lynnieluve
LilMsPuddles
NubieNatty
Serenity23
boingboing
A85
xtremelyperfect
54 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

*xtremelyperfect* - Page 3 Empty Re: *xtremelyperfect*

Post by xtremelyperfect 14th January 2010, 11:56 am

Thank you for your concern everyone! Even though I'm physically starting to feel better my heart hurts. I really just want to jump on a plane and go help. I'm seriously trying to figure out how I can do that. If anyone has any ideas please share.

Anywhoo I'm taking my frohawk out tomorrow. It's looking really raggedy and it's time. I will probably do a clay treatment, deep condition and leave it alone til Sunday.

Hope everyone's going better than mine. Pray for Haiti. Peace.
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

http://fuckyeahnadia.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 15th January 2010, 6:39 pm

Hey guys. It's hard to talk about hair when I just found out that one of my cousins passed away along with her son during the earthquake in Haiti. We're still waiting on news from many of my other cousins. I spoke to my parents today and they are so sad. They said that there are so many people who've died that there's no place to put them and that they're afraid their country has been destroyed. I assured them that the world will not let them down this time and that Haiti will be rebuilt more beautiful than it was before.

I took out my braids of my frohawk and my hair has grown a lot it feels like in the past month so I am going to get it re-braided tomorrow probably. If my camera decides to start working I'll take pictures so you can see what it looks like. I think I might do braids and keep them in for a month at a time. It seems my hair thrives from that.

Anywhoo I hope everyone had a good week. Hopefully I'll get good news soon because it seems like it's only bad news coming my way.. I'm keeping my head up though. If my parents can stay strong in Haiti than I can be strong here. Peace and love!
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th January 2010, 7:14 pm

I'm so sorry about your lost. I am still praying for you and your family!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th January 2010, 7:38 pm

Nadia, I made my donation via my company Verizon because they are matching 1:1 up to $1000 per employee...so I have my folks ALL over it!

*hugs* I am so very happy your mom & Dad is ok! My prayers are constant!! Very sorry to hear of your loss
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 15th January 2010, 10:09 pm

I am truly sorry for your loss. This is so hard. I know so many people are hurting right now. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Peace be with you.
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 17th January 2010, 2:44 pm

Hey everyone. I got more bad news from Haiti today. One of my favorite cousins, Katia, passed away during the earthquake. She was so young, beautiful and kind. I will miss her so much and it still doesn't feel real that I'll never see her again.

*xtremelyperfect* - Page 3 18948_593028938108_1700917_35156168_7228889_n

Today is my 6 month nappiversary. It's a day I should be celebrating and instead it feels so trivial in the grand scheme of things. I know God will get my family and I through this difficult time but it's so hard to stay faithful sometimes. I just have to know she's in a better place.
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 17th January 2010, 2:58 pm

I pray that God's peace surround you and your family in this difficult time. Continue to look to Him. May the Holy Spirit help you during the process. God bless you my sister.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 17th January 2010, 3:02 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. Your cousin was indeed beautiful. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th January 2010, 1:49 am

I am also so sorry for your loss. She was beautiful. May the Lord grant you and your family "peace that passes all understanding" during this very difficult time. You, your family, and the nation of Haiti are in my thoughts and prayers as well.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 18th January 2010, 3:28 pm

Thank you for all your kind words everyone. It's greatly appreciated. I did a lot of crying yesterday(I even made my mgr. cry, eek) but I feel a little bit better today. All we can do is pray that things get better!

On Saturday I got my hair braided. Now i just want to say i didn't realize how tight these braids were while she did it and next time i'll inform her not to do it so tight. It's taken 6 months to get my edges back on track and I don't want to derail that with breakage because of tight ass braids!

I plan on keeping these in for about a month. The back is in box braids I think. I'm not sure because I don't know how to do box braids. I might unbraid the back if i get bored or if they start looking crappy. I took some pics on my Blackberry cause my camera's still wigging out so I apologize for the quality of pics.

*xtremelyperfect* - Page 3 IMG00228-vi

*xtremelyperfect* - Page 3 IMG00232-vi

*xtremelyperfect* - Page 3 IMG00236-vi

I'm seriously over MA. After 26 yrs here I think it's time to move on. Somewhere warmer... with less or no snow, lol. I'm thinking NC. We'll see... Anyway hope everyone has a good Monday. Happy MLK day!

Last edited by xtremelyperfect on 19th January 2010, 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pictures weren't showing up...)
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th January 2010, 5:08 pm

I'm glad you are feeling a little better. You, your family and Haiti are in my prayers daily.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 19th January 2010, 7:12 pm

Hi everyone! Finally some good news from Haiti. My parents are coming sometime this week. They've received clearance and should be here by Friday. I feel bad that they have to leave their home but it's for the best until things get better. I personally wouldn't leave but I can't blame them.

On the hair front, I just moisturized my braids with my spray and sealed my ends with coconut oil. Some of my braids have begun to unravel so I may have to let them out eventually and re-do them. Oh wells. My scalp definitely feels better and the braids have loosened up. Thank God because it was a struggle the past few days, lol. Suspect

Hope everyone had a good MLK day. I'm still trying to find a new job so wish me luck.
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th January 2010, 11:58 pm

I'm so happy to hear your parents will be joining you. I am also happy to hear people are still being found alive. Still praying for you.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 20th January 2010, 1:47 pm

Hey everyone! Hope your week started off well. Mine started off with a PJ relapse. In the past few days I have purchased..

From Afroveda:

PUR Whipped Hair Gelly
Shea Amla Whipped Butter Cream
Shikakai Hair Growth Elixir
Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter

From Darcy's Botanicals:

Natural Coils Curling Jelly
Avocado and Wild Plum Twisting Cream
Curl Detangling Milk

From Safi Hair Care:

Whipped Marshmallow Curl Pudding
Avocado Shea Hair Butter

Seriously... I have issues. I get lured in by the amazing descriptions and product reviews from hair forums. I have forbidden myself from buying any more hair products for at least a month... maybe two. No I'm not gonna lie though, I can't wait for my products to arrive! Smile Anyone else having buying issues like me?
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 20th January 2010, 5:10 pm

I am so happy to hear that your parents will be with you soon. I will continue to keep you, your family and Haiti in my prayers. This good news is needed at this time. Glory to God!

*xtremelyperfect* - Page 3 18948_593028938108_1700917_35156168_7228889_n

This is such a beautiful photo. Beautiful smiles on beautiful faces. Your cousin is a Guiding Light!

Lastely, kick that PJ habit *xtremelyperfect* - Page 3 Icon_evil
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss CurlyT 20th January 2010, 5:21 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. Just reading about it is literally bringing tears to my eyes...

I see that your from Boston, MA...I am too! Its funny because my friend just emailed a group of us and said she was trying to keep a free party at Prince Hall to help raise money for Haiti and would like our help in putting it together. Once we lock down a date for the hall I will let let you know the date....that is if your up for any celebrating..

BTW. I feel you 100% on the cold here. I am beginning to despise it. *xtremelyperfect* - Page 3 Icon_evil
Miss CurlyT
Miss CurlyT

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 24th January 2010, 3:05 pm

Hey everyone! So the braids gave me this gross rash around my hairline so I took them out. It took me 4 hours last night to get them out. I was so exhausted I just did a hot oil treatment and went to bed. This morning I washed that out with my J.A.S.O.N. Organic Lavender Sulfate free shampoo.

Then I did my first protein treatment ever! dance I mean I've been reading about it for a while and was like, you know, I should probably get on that but I never did. But last night after seeing this video I was like damn! I gotta do this now! Granted, I didn't use her ingredients. I did a protein treatment with a raw egg yolk, mayo, and olive oil. I left that in for an hour and rinsed it out.

Then I co-washed with Herbal Essence's Hydralicious for the first time ever. I used it because I just did the protein treatment and I wanted something very moisturizing to balance it out and it's advertised as a "Self Targeting Conditioner for Balance from Root to Tip." I just checked out the website and here's what they had to say:

"ready, aim, indulge! in my moisturizing conditioner. i treat your finicky hair to a tress-by-tress treatment that aims hydration where your hair needs it most. shine on with my conditioner fused with extracts of red vanilla & whipped aloe. for smoothness that's swirled in all the right places, try my self-targeting shampoo."

Now it was great for moisture and leaving my hair soft but not as great for detangling as my lovely Hello Hydration. So therefore I think I'll only use it when I do a protein treatment or henna.

Speaking of henna, I went to my local Indian grocery store and got some! Woohoo! woot! I'm gonna let my hair and scalp recover from the craziness that was those braids though. I think if anything I won't do my 1st henna treatment for at least a week, probably 2.

Here's what my hair looked like after all that lol.

*xtremelyperfect* - Page 3 IMG00253-vi

*xtremelyperfect* - Page 3 IMG00259-vi

After this fiasco I don't think I'm getting my hair corn-rowed again anytime soon. Yikes! Hope everyone's had a good weekend.
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th January 2010, 5:28 pm

I am sorry you had to take out the braids.

Did you feel a difference in your hair after the protein treatment?

Woo hoo for local henna stores.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 30th January 2010, 1:57 am

OMG! Haven't written all week! I have so much hair news! Sooo as I type I have my first ever henna in my hair! dance I know, I know I said I would wait but I couldn't resist! Lol. I can't wait to see the results. Here's my mix:

100 grams of Mashhoor henna
1/4 cup of ground coffee
2 cups of chamomile tea made with filtered water(no green tea in apt)
2 tbs of honey
3 squirts of lemon juice
2 tsp of ground ginger root(for smell)

I took pics and they are in my fotki which you can find in my signature! I will upload results pics tomorrow.

I also received all my hair products this week. I got a package from Safi Hair Care on Tuesday and my packages from AfroVeda and Darcy's Botanicals came today! You can see pics and lists of what I got on my fotki as well.

Item I'm most excited to try: Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter. I believe this will take my twists to a whole new level! woot!

Anyway, hope everyone had a great hair week. Oh shoot! I forgot, @ChrsLvsBks I didn't so much feel a difference as saw a difference. The first co-wash after my protein treatment I had the least shed hair EVER! It was crazy! I was like this must be a mistake. But nope, I cleaned off my wide tooth comb and there were like 3 hairs lol. So hooray for protein! afro

Alright homies. My roomie wants me to come watch him play video games. Hasta menana!
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 30th January 2010, 11:46 am

hey sillynads! i LOVE safi's avocado butter and i cant wait to support her whipped pudding. she's so sweet! im all for supporting young black businesses ya know!

i hope all is well with your haitian fam, i know you loss some but ya know, i was in my car driving a few days ago listening to the news (cuz aint no songs worth listening to on the radio these days) and its so amazing along with such a blessing to know that they called off the search just days ago yet their still finding people who've been buried under the rubble for weeks now ALIVE. it brought me to tears thinking about how resilient the black race is. even in history to make it through slavery days, racism and etc we still rise. they cant hold us down becuz no matter what we stand so strong. we've come so far and its like we aint goin no where!! strength is in our blood.

i would love to visit haiti and help rebuild. im still trying to get to new orleans to help em rebuild as well. chez whitey stereotypes black folks and writes us off but haiti will be bigger and better. god is good all the time, and all the time god is good.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 31st January 2010, 3:20 am

*Thanks for the kind words NubieNatty*

So my henna results are in... are you ready?! Smile

*before*

*xtremelyperfect* - Page 3 IMG00285-vi

*during*

*xtremelyperfect* - Page 3 IMG00289-vi

*after*

*xtremelyperfect* - Page 3 IMG00295-vi

I love the results! It's like a chocolately red color. woot! Although you can see a distinct difference in my chemically dyed hair and new growth hair. I pray that as it grows out it'll even out.... see:

*xtremelyperfect* - Page 3 IMG00300-vi

Otherwise I'm psyched. I'm about to go 2 strand twist it. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 31st January 2010, 9:25 am

I am so very happy to hear your parents are coming here. That pic of you and your personal angel brought me to tears. Bless you and yours, now to the hair I can't wait to see your twists I love afroveda!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 31st January 2010, 9:56 am

Hello, I just went through your journal - I love how you tell your story. I'm trully sorry about your family in Haiti - I'm praying for you and all the Haitians. God Bless.

So the Henna treatment - did it alter your color treated hair?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 31st January 2010, 10:43 am

I'm happy to hear your parents made it to the US safely.

I cant wait to see the twist/twist out with your newly henna-ed hair!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 1st February 2010, 3:48 am

Hey everyone! Happy Monday. I spent hours twisting my hair Saturday night. I was exhausted Sunday because I spent the day with the parental unit. Fun times! We had bad Chinese for lunch though so that wasn't so much fun, lol. Rolling Eyes

As for my hair, the Afroveda Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter was heavenly. The only way I can describe the scent of it is "clean." It was great though... easy hold except for the crown of my head where my hair is not as tightly coiled anyway Neutral but I made it work! Here are some pics:

*xtremelyperfect* - Page 3 IMG00310-vi

*xtremelyperfect* - Page 3 IMG00311-vi

*xtremelyperfect* - Page 3 IMG00313-vi

Obviously I still need to get my eyebrows done... Shocked And my twists have shrunken up since this but you get the point. Looks good right?! Camera is still acting up. Sorry for whackberry pics!

@blondebydesire the henna treatment made my color treated hair a vibrant mahogany red. My roots remained dark brown. See:

xtremelyperfect wrote:

*xtremelyperfect* - Page 3 IMG00300-vi

So overall I love the Afroveda for twisting and I'm glad I have 2 jars of it. And I didn't use a lot at all to do my entire head! Hooray! Hope you guys had a happy weekend.
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum