CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

+33
Lynnieluve
jeanlouisangel
Thinice
Sebastain13
Renny
Treece
naturallynola
SheeTacular
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
summerbreeze76
LaToya28
BlondeByDesire
mrsmackey
crvng4mr
KeAnia
Hurricane Curly
TheRYL1
MomnWife
Naturalin2010
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
nattyblog
MellowOne
KinkyNappyHappy
curlsunfurled
CurlsGalore
CocoEuro
priceless
WhosThatRedHead
krazy coils
CrissyQ
freckledmom4
37 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 5 Empty Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by KeAnia 12th October 2010, 3:37 pm

Hey Freckle

I am in the same rut. SugaBabe is really doing her own thing and I am letting her. I know everyone is talking about protective styling but she has been in a puff/whatever since about two weeks ago. I have been trying to do some other styles but she is not having it. I am still trying to find a gel or cream that is going to do me really good. It will be just my luck I will have to buy the expensive brands for my hair. I thought she was liking the Shea moisture but She really doesn't like it. However she is in love with plain ole Shea Butter.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 5 Empty September Product Reviews

Post by freckledmom4 13th October 2010, 7:27 pm

Hey KeAnia! Thanks for stopping by. My hair likes the SM curl products, but I am starting to see that shea butter has a tendency to build up on my hair. I have to cowash more often when I use shea butter laden products-but who am I kidding-since I bc'ed I haven't gone more than 4 days without cowashing. I'd really like to stop with winter coming, but some habits are hard to break.

Sept. Product Reviews
Last month I ordered: Oyin's Shine & Define and Whipped Pudding.
I liked the S&D, but honestly could have done without it. The jar is almost empty. It does what it says on my hair. My twists/to were shiny and defined, but it did not do any better than the SM curl smoothie which is much better on my pockets. (S&D-$11 for 4 oz.+ s&h, SM Smoothie $9.99 for 8 oz. @ Target) I loved the way the S&D smelled, but I did not like how it separated and I had to stir it before use. I will not repurchase this. I never used the Whipped Pudding on my hair, but it was AWESOME on my skin. I think the whole family indulged in this creamy chocolate fragranced delicacy, but again for $11 for 4 oz.-ain't gonna be able to do it.

I also ordered Darcy's Botanicals Lemongrass Transitioning Cream which is pure moisture in a bottle. I love this stuff and will most likely repurchase with a coupon-mind you. I also got the DB Coiling Jelly-LOVE IT. It gives all the shine and definition of KCCC, but at less cost and attitude. I've mixed that gel with everything under the kitchen (I mean bathroom) sink and no white balls or crunchy hair! This is definitely a keeper for defining curls. The jar is almost empty while the KCCC is still more than half full.

I've also been playing around with YTCucumbers and YTTomatoes which I got from Ross for $2.99. Not feeling the YTC, but YTT is where it's at for my hair (probably should give her a name-huh?)

For October I am gonna try Oyin's Burnt Sugar and DB Vanilla Styling Cream (Thanks Nubie!). I was going to try Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy cream, but I had to re-up on my amla powder (gotta stick with what I know is working).

Geesh this is a long post. Let me know if you've tried any of these products & as always be blessed. Thanks for reading.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 5 Empty Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by freckledmom4 20th October 2010, 1:48 pm

This week has been a crazy week for my hair. On Friday, I tried a modified Cherry Lola treatment and wore a wng for the day but, by evening I had cowashed, dc'ed and trimmed-or shall I say cut the front of my hair as I was putting in chunky twist. The ends in the front kept unraveling and just kind of hung there so I cut them off think that they were probably heat damaged anyway. Now the front is just under 4 inches.

Yesterday, I did a shakakai, amla, henna treatment. I let it sit on my hair for about 4 hours then rinsed and dc'ed with Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment for about 45 minutes. I used Giovanni leave in and styled with Oyin Shine and Define and a little eco. I also used a little giovanni frizz serum, but I should have used more because my hair is a frizzy mess today.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 20th October 2010, 1:51 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:This week has been a crazy week for my hair. On Friday, I tried a modified Cherry Lola treatment and wore a wng for the day but, by evening I had cowashed, dc'ed and trimmed-or shall I say cut the front of my hair as I was putting in chunky twist. The ends in the front kept unraveling and just kind of hung there so I cut them off think that they were probably heat damaged anyway. Now the front is just under 4 inches.

Yesterday, I did a shakakai, amla, henna treatment. I let it sit on my hair for about 4 hours then rinsed and dc'ed with Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment for about 45 minutes. I used Giovanni leave in and styled with Oyin Shine and Define and a little eco. I also used a little giovanni frizz serum, but I should have used more because my hair is a frizzy mess today.

OK, what is a Cherry Lola treatment?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 20th October 2010, 2:42 pm

Cherry Lola -mix yougurt, amino acids, and baking soda and apply to dry hair for 20 minutes then rinse and condition. It's supposed to reduce frizz. I used coconut milk instead of yogurt. It helped to reduce my frizz a little, but I need a miracle. There are several yt vids on it.

Here's my hair after I styled:Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 5 Rscn4210

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 5 Dscn4210

It's an attempt at protective styling, but I'm not really feeling it. I don't know why its so frizzy- It's usually not like that after henna. I'm starting to think frizz is my hair type.

Last edited by freckledmom4 on 20th October 2010, 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelled word)
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 20th October 2010, 2:44 pm

I LIKE THIS, ARE U CRAZY! LOL
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 20th October 2010, 3:04 pm

Thanks-I guess it takes some getting used to. You can't see the halo of frizz though-lol
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st October 2010, 9:07 am

WHAT FRIZZ? This style is sooo cute. How in the world did you flat twist the back? TOO CUTE!!

So your henna...what kind of henna did you use again? What is shakakai?

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 21st October 2010, 1:00 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:Cherry Lola -mix yougurt, amino acids, and baking soda and apply to dry hair for 20 minutes then rinse and condition. It's supposed to reduce frizz. I used coconut milk instead of yogurt. It helped to reduce my frizz a little, but I need a miracle. There are several yt vids on it.

Here's my hair after I styled:Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 5 Rscn4210

It's an attempt at protective styling, but I'm not really feeling it. I don't know why its so frizzy- It's usually not like that after henna. I'm starting to think frizz is my hair type.

Afro seems to be mine....
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 26th October 2010, 9:54 pm

Maybe we should come up with a new hair typing system Red since we have yet to find out type with the 4 they provide. lol!

And believe me the frizz is there, so the hair style did not last, but it turned into a great twist out.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 26th October 2010, 10:45 pm

Hey Freckle

I liked that style. I didn't see the frizz but if you say it was there I believe you. Anyways try it again it looks really good on you. Oh yeah the hair typing I am with you guys we just need to find another one.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th October 2010, 6:58 am

Hey...

Just stopping by to say hi!!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th October 2010, 4:48 pm

Hi there! Love the flat twist updo, very pretty!

I did not like some of the Oyin products which I found odd since the ingredients are the ones my hair loves. The HHC did not condition my hair. Recently I added water to it to try to use it to detangle before washing. It worked a couple of times and now it is not. The S&D did nothing for me. I use the Greg Juice but it is nothing spectacular--not harmful but not helpful.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 29th October 2010, 11:08 am

freckledmom4 wrote:Cherry Lola -mix yougurt, amino acids, and baking soda and apply to dry hair for 20 minutes then rinse and condition. It's supposed to reduce frizz. I used coconut milk instead of yogurt. It helped to reduce my frizz a little, but I need a miracle. There are several yt vids on it.

Hi friend!!! I've been meaning to visit and say hi earlier, but just have been busy. This hair journey is no joke!. You are doing so well. I don't know what you are talking about, about not feeling your hair. Girl, this looks good! Your hair looks very moist, shiny and healthy. You have to tell your secret on how to manuever your hands to do the back - lol!
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 2nd November 2010, 11:49 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hi there! Love the flat twist updo, very pretty!

I did not like some of the Oyin products which I found odd since the ingredients are the ones my hair loves. The HHC did not condition my hair. Recently I added water to it to try to use it to detangle before washing. It worked a couple of times and now it is not. The S&D did nothing for me. I use the Greg Juice but it is nothing spectacular--not harmful but not helpful.

Thanks Chrs! I really wanted to love Oyin since they are based in my hometown, but the S&D was just okay. I'll probably try some other things because I have to support anything positive coming out of B-more. Thanks for stopping by.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 3rd November 2010, 4:18 pm

@ Naturalin- I had my daughter help me with the parts in the back and to hold the mirror while I twisted. Yes, this is an interesting journey, but I am seeing some progress.

So since my last post, I henna'ed again to get a deeper color. On Monday I did a hot oil treatment with Vatika oil. My hair is thanking me, but my skin is not happy. The oil kept running down the sides of my face. When I rinsed, I added leave-in, Aphogee keratin reconstructor and Chi silk infusion before I blow dried on cool to warm heat. That night I twisted with DB Transitioning Cream, Vanilla Styling Cream, and Oyin's Burnt Sugar.Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 5 Sd_tws11
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 5 Bk_tws10
Compared to wet twist with ORS Twist Gel:
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 5 Twists10

I really like the look of the dry twist better. Today they are starting to shrink a little, but I am going to pin them up until Friday.

I have been natural for 4 months as of 10/30 and my length is 4 inches in the front and 5 inches in the back. Although I am about the same as the last check, I know my hair grew because I cut atleast half an inch during the last month. I just need to work on protective styling to save my ends so I can retain my length. Thanks for reading!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 3rd November 2010, 5:27 pm

I like your blown out twists. I'm going to try that very soon, over the winter. Will help a lot with making sure my hair is dry before removing I think. I love how you pinned yours up.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 3rd November 2010, 7:25 pm

i always like your twist.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 3rd November 2010, 8:04 pm

CrissyQ wrote:i always like your twist.

Thanks Crissy! It looks like you've got a puff going on. I have to get to your house to see what's been going on.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 3rd November 2010, 8:05 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:I like your blown out twists. I'm going to try that very soon, over the winter. Will help a lot with making sure my hair is dry before removing I think. I love how you pinned yours up.

Thanks! Still nervous about the blow drying. I hope you'll share pics when you do.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd November 2010, 9:49 pm

Those dry twist are serious! Great job!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 3rd November 2010, 10:01 pm

Freckle

I like your twist. You hair looks really good. I have to say that your hair doesn't look all that thin in your twist. I have also found out that my hair last longer and I get better results when it is close to dry.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th November 2010, 6:41 am

Love both twists!!

Yes, please protect those ends, so you can see the results of the great work you are doing with taking care of your hair.

Love your picture. I had to turn my computer sideways to get a good look...LOL

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 4th November 2010, 3:13 pm

Thanks Sweet, KeAnia, & KHN!
-Yeah I forgot to rotate before I posted-lol-oh well.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 5th November 2010, 12:18 am

Looking Good!! Keep up the good work!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next