Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by freckledmom4 on 11th August 2010, 11:43 pm

CrissyQ wrote:I sleep with my satin bonnet, and just use bee mine moisture and some olive oil in the morning. I may retwist my hair every other day, this week i have been lazy. I think I am going to wash and try your style, I cannot braid but my neighbor can. Wish me luck

They are braids and I just used a little hair milk and gel. I haven't tried any bee mine products yet, but I've heard good things. Do you like them? You don't need luck-I'm sure the style will look great on you!
avatar
freckledmom4

Posts : 905
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 41
Location : Newport News, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by CrissyQ on 12th August 2010, 12:46 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:
CrissyQ wrote:I sleep with my satin bonnet, and just use bee mine moisture and some olive oil in the morning. I may retwist my hair every other day, this week i have been lazy. I think I am going to wash and try your style, I cannot braid but my neighbor can. Wish me luck

They are braids and I just used a little hair milk and gel. I haven't tried any bee mine products yet, but I've heard good things. Do you like them? You don't need luck-I'm sure the style will look great on you!

yes i love Bee Mine. It as actually given to me by my big sister here on CN. Once I am done, I will repurchase. I did not try the style, girl my second job starts when I leave work. Motherhood.
avatar
CrissyQ

Posts : 2697
Join date : 2010-03-11
Age : 42
Location : Chicago, IL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by Naturalin2010 on 13th August 2010, 2:45 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:...so I put my dc mix (giovanni ___ fix, coconut & olive oils, honey and a little bit of ors replenishing condish). I wrapped my head in saran wrap then heated a wet wash cloth in the microwave. I placed that on top of the saran wrap and then covered with a plastic cap- I think ChrsLvsBks did smething like this before she got a steamer. I finally wrapped a towel around my head and left it for about 15 minutes.

Congrats on the anniversary!!! Smile I can't quite figure out how to multi-quote, so I had a work workaround-ha! I'm going to try that faux steamer method you did - LOL. Sounds like it works really well. What was your DC mix, was that Giovanni Nutrafix? Do you get that same area of the shampoo/conditioner?

freckledmom4 wrote:I prepooed Mon. night with Navratna oil=good sleep! In the morning, after my excursion to Sally's, I cowashed with TJTTT and DC'ed with Giovanni Nutrafix, melted shea butter, coconut, olive & amla oils. I did the "steaming" thing again and my hair was UBER SOFT. Now I really want a steamer, but can't see paying for it so I will stick to this bootleg method for now. I oil rinsed with vatika and used the Giovanni Direct leave-in


What is TJTTT (I know I've seen it). Where did you pick up the alma, and vatika oils and how do you do an oil rinse? Sorry for all the questions. But, I take notes!!! (literally Smile )
avatar
Naturalin2010

Posts : 203
Join date : 2010-02-16
Age : 52
Location : Hampton Roads Virginia

View user profile http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by sweetdrk1 on 13th August 2010, 3:46 pm

Great hair styles!!! it will be 2 months for you soon! doesn't the time just fly by?
avatar
sweetdrk1

Posts : 8126
Join date : 2009-10-23
Age : 51
Location : Cliffton, NJ

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by freckledmom4 on 13th August 2010, 4:07 pm

@ Naturalin- Hey I was just thinking about you and your hair journey. How is it going?
TJTTT is Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle conditioner.
I got the giovanni from Ulta, but I use TJTTT shampoo when I do wash.
I don't know where you live in Hampton Roads, but I got the vatika and other oils from an Indian store beside the IHOP on Jefferson in NN. The lady there said she is going to start ordering amla powder for me. They also have different kinds of henna.

I oil rinse after I cowash by putting a handful of oil in my hair, fingercomb to distribute it and then do a final rinse with cold water. Other people do it differently. I think I answered all the questions, if not let me know.
avatar
freckledmom4

Posts : 905
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 41
Location : Newport News, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by freckledmom4 on 13th August 2010, 4:09 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Great hair styles!!! it will be 2 months for you soon! doesn't the time just fly by?

Thanks Lady! I can't wait to celebrate 1 year like you!
avatar
freckledmom4

Posts : 905
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 41
Location : Newport News, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by Naturalin2010 on 13th August 2010, 5:34 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:@ Naturalin- Hey I was just thinking about you and your hair journey. How is it going?
TJTTT is Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle conditioner.
I got the giovanni from Ulta, but I use TJTTT shampoo when I do wash.
I don't know where you live in Hampton Roads, but I got the vatika and other oils from an Indian store beside the IHOP on Jefferson in NN. The lady there said she is going to start ordering amla powder for me. They also have different kinds of henna.

I oil rinse after I cowash by putting a handful of oil in my hair, fingercomb to distribute it and then do a final rinse with cold water. Other people do it differently. I think I answered all the questions, if not let me know.

I'm doing good. Slow and steady wins the race! I can definitely tell a difference in my hair since I did the egg protein treatment 2weeks ago and then my regular DC last week. I twisted my hair last night and the ends were definitely softer and "smoother". I'll see when I take it down in a few. I live in Chesapeake. There is a Trader Joes in Va Beach, which I'll have to visit. I might have to see if they have any Indian stores around for some oils. I loved your twists in one of your recent pics. You have a straight hand! I still can't get my parts straight in the back - LOL!
avatar
Naturalin2010

Posts : 203
Join date : 2010-02-16
Age : 52
Location : Hampton Roads Virginia

View user profile http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by freckledmom4 on 16th August 2010, 2:04 pm

Soooo...
I've been in this 4 week solid regimen challenge since 7/26. I have 10 days to go. Here are the products I'm using:

Here are my products:
Shampoo (as needed): Trader Joe's TTT
Condish for cowashes (2-3x/week): Trader Joe's TTT
Leave in/Moisture: Giovanni Direct leave in
DC (1x/wk.): Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor
Oils for prepoos, rinses and sealing: Coconut, vatika, amla, navratna, olive
Stylers (2-3x/week): ecostyler oo gel, sheamoisture coconut hibiscus mist (daily), milk, smoothie.
Butters (daily): Hydrating Hair Butter by Fluertzy

I've also been using smooth & shine curl activator gel and avg to enhance my curls. I also picked up some ORS Nature Shine Spray for shine. I henna 1-2x/month and do amla condtioning once a month.

When this challenge is over, I hope to be able to simplify the products and styling routine somewhat because between potty training, football practice (son), field hockey (daughter), and trying to keep a 6 year old entertained, I don't have a lot of time for myself-let alone doing my hair. Things will just get busier as school starts *sigh.* Right now I am cowashing and styling 2x/week. I just need to get it down to once a week.
avatar
freckledmom4

Posts : 905
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 41
Location : Newport News, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by Naturalin2010 on 16th August 2010, 3:46 pm

Wow, you are a busy mom!!! But, a mom's work is never done Smile I don't think we get OUR time, until they are grown and out of the house - LOL!!! Glad to hear you are doing well. Sounds like you got your routine down pretty good. Do you find the challenges help? Which one is that one?
avatar
Naturalin2010

Posts : 203
Join date : 2010-02-16
Age : 52
Location : Hampton Roads Virginia

View user profile http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by MomnWife on 17th August 2010, 10:36 am

Hey girl,

I love your story.

I've been on YT all weekend and you have been holding out on me. Smile I am going to try finger coiling. I am definitely going to do the braids in the front. If I had a flower, I would copy that, too...LOL

You are making some great progress. I will post pics when I am done with mine.

Have a great day. I am a fulltime mom, too. I home school.
avatar
MomnWife

Posts : 336
Join date : 2010-02-20
Age : 42
Location : West Des Moines, IA

View user profile http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by freckledmom4 on 17th August 2010, 11:16 am

@MomnWife- Homeschooling-WOW! My hat goes off to you. I did that 2 years ago and everything was going great until I discovered I was pregnant with #4 so back to school they went. Every now and then, the boys will tell me that they want to be homeschooled again. I need to pray for direction, but I think I'm afraid of what His answer will be.

I didn't do finger coils-those are really shrunken twists-lol! I can only coil the back of my hair-the front is not havin' it. Can't wait to see pics of your new styles. I'll be doing wngs until I henna again because the grays are redic.

@ Naturalin-I think the challenges work well becuase being the procrastinator that I am, I need PEER PRESSURE-lol. I'm in the 4 week solid regimen challenge that is supposed to stick with certain products for 4 weeks to see how they work (or don't work) with your hair. There is an ayurvedic store in Va Beach in the shopping center across from Krispy Kreme. I haven't been there yet, but they should sell vatika and other oils.
avatar
freckledmom4

Posts : 905
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 41
Location : Newport News, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by MomnWife on 17th August 2010, 12:07 pm

I think you may be surprised on what his answer is. We can discuss it privately after I do my hair, but I can give you Biblical reference.

This is something that I can pray about with you.
avatar
MomnWife

Posts : 336
Join date : 2010-02-20
Age : 42
Location : West Des Moines, IA

View user profile http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by freckledmom4 on 17th August 2010, 2:27 pm

MomnWife wrote:I think you may be surprised on what his answer is. We can discuss it privately after I do my hair, but I can give you Biblical reference.

This is something that I can pray about with you.

I would love to hear your insight & prayer is always needed.
avatar
freckledmom4

Posts : 905
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 41
Location : Newport News, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by freckledmom4 on 17th August 2010, 4:39 pm

Wash-n-gos are so deceptive. After I wash, I'm not going anywhere for a while. First, I have to add leave-in. Then I smooth gel into small sections (shingling?). Next, finger twirling/coiling begins. After that I re-wet the front then shake to help the wavies clump. About an hour later, I'm done-sometimes out of pure frustration. The saving grace is that it lasts about 3 days.

Today I tried to wng with conditioner only (an idea I got from talking to another curlie at my 2nd home-Sam's Club). it was an "Epic Failure" (in my 13 year old's voice) so I had to go back to what's been working. I'll post pics once it dries.
avatar
freckledmom4

Posts : 905
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 41
Location : Newport News, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by MomnWife on 17th August 2010, 7:54 pm

I forgot to ask you if you can please share you henna process? I am really thinking about doing it.
avatar
MomnWife

Posts : 336
Join date : 2010-02-20
Age : 42
Location : West Des Moines, IA

View user profile http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by WhosThatRedHead on 17th August 2010, 7:56 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:Wash-n-gos are so deceptive. After I wash, I'm not going anywhere for a while. First, I have to add leave-in. Then I smooth gel into small sections (shingling?). Next, finger twirling/coiling begins. After that I re-wet the front then shake to help the wavies clump. About an hour later, I'm done-sometimes out of pure frustration. The saving grace is that it lasts about 3 days.

Today I tried to wng with conditioner only (an idea I got from talking to another curlie at my 2nd home-Sam's Club). it was an "Epic Failure" (in my 13 year old's voice) so I had to go back to what's been working. I'll post pics once it dries.

Hmmm......When you do your WnG's do you cowash or use shampoo??
avatar
WhosThatRedHead

Posts : 1205
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 37
Location : Denver. Co (But I'm from So Cal)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by freckledmom4 on 17th August 2010, 10:30 pm

MomnWife wrote:I forgot to ask you if you can please share you henna process? I am really thinking about doing it.

I basically use CN's recipe (henna, warm green tea, some honey). I've tried using coconut milk and although it seemed to leave my hair softer, the color was not as deep as I wanted. I try to keep the mix simple so that it doesn't interfere with the color uptake cause honey, I got a LOT of grays to cover. I put in on before I go to bed and sleep with it. I cowash it out inthe morning and dc. That's it.
avatar
freckledmom4

Posts : 905
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 41
Location : Newport News, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by freckledmom4 on 17th August 2010, 10:31 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:
freckledmom4 wrote:Wash-n-gos are so deceptive. After I wash, I'm not going anywhere for a while. First, I have to add leave-in. Then I smooth gel into small sections (shingling?). Next, finger twirling/coiling begins. After that I re-wet the front then shake to help the wavies clump. About an hour later, I'm done-sometimes out of pure frustration. The saving grace is that it lasts about 3 days.

Today I tried to wng with conditioner only (an idea I got from talking to another curlie at my 2nd home-Sam's Club). it was an "Epic Failure" (in my 13 year old's voice) so I had to go back to what's been working. I'll post pics once it dries.

Hmmm......When you do your WnG's do you cowash or use shampoo??


I co-wash. Would shampooing make a difference? Please share.
avatar
freckledmom4

Posts : 905
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 41
Location : Newport News, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by WhosThatRedHead on 17th August 2010, 10:43 pm

Hmmm.... I'm not sure. I co wash as well. What if after you shingle you just shake your head instead of coiling it? Or how do you shingle? Usually while I shingle I pull my hair the way I want it styled. Wish i could be more helpful.... I got nothing....
avatar
WhosThatRedHead

Posts : 1205
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 37
Location : Denver. Co (But I'm from So Cal)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by freckledmom4 on 18th August 2010, 2:32 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:Hmmm.... I'm not sure. I co wash as well. What if after you shingle you just shake your head instead of coiling it? Or how do you shingle? Usually while I shingle I pull my hair the way I want it styled. Wish i could be more helpful.... I got nothing....

That's ok. It is what it is. I usually like the way it looks, but just wish it took less time.
avatar
freckledmom4

Posts : 905
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 41
Location : Newport News, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by nattyblog on 19th August 2010, 10:57 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:I went to Sally's yesterday and bought a denman brush, 2 jars of ecostlyer oo gel ($3.49 for the large one), gvp conditioning balm and ORS Nature Shine. The Nature Shine is how I broke the challenge, but I think it was a good purchase because I had a coupon that took off $5 so it was practically free-*happy dance*

I prepooed Mon. night with Navratna oil=good sleep! In the morning, after my excursion to Sally's, I cowashed with TJTTT and DC'ed with Giovanni Nutrafix, melted shea butter, coconut, olive & amla oils. I did the "steaming" thing again and my hair was UBER SOFT. Now I really want a steamer, but can't see paying for it so I will stick to this bootleg method for now. I oil rinsed with vatika and used the Giovanni Direct leave-in. At first I wasn't too crazy about it b/c it is so thick and I used way too much , but now I use a quarter sized drop and I love it. Here is my style:



I used ecostlyer and smooth-n-shine gels on the back and managed to get 2nd day hair . Of course, I slept like a princess last night which wasn't hard with my 2 and 6 year olds and hubby in the bed-it's a wonder I got any sleep at all. I just sprayed it with the Nature Shine last night and this morning, but after an outing to the pool, I don't know if I'll make it to day 3. So what to you do to keep your styles-and get some real sleep?

These styles are SO cute!!!!!!! bounce
avatar
nattyblog

Posts : 715
Join date : 2010-05-29

View user profile http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by freckledmom4 on 20th August 2010, 6:40 pm

Thanks Natty!

So after all that work, by day 2 the wng started looking filmy-I think I overdid it with the oil rinse and my ends felt kind of rough so I did a amla/shakaiki treatment. I had a tbs worth of henna left over so I threw that into the mix too. That itty bit of henna brough on the dryness so I had to dc with gvp conditioning balm for about an hour Then I did a bunch of mini flat twist in my hair. I had no intentions of wearing them out so I threw on one of those crocheted beanie thingys and took my son to football practice. I wore it again today just to give my strands some much needed rest. I kept asking my kids if the beanie looked ok b/c I am so not the trendy type, but today while we were at the store, my 6 yr old just looked at me and said, "Mom, you really look good in that black hat thing." That sealed the deal, I guess this look is a keeper. I want to post pics, but can't seem to locate my usb cable-UGH!
I plan on taking twists out tomorrow which will turn into a puff by Sunday.

While I was out shopping for school stuff for the kids, I found some YTC for $2.99 @ Ross. I have been stalking Ross for it since I first heard about it and my persistence paid off. I got 2 silk scarves as well. I also got some Giovanni SAS for $12.99 for a 33 oz. bottle at TJMaxx. Yeah I know, I'm not supposed to be buying anything new, but I won't use them until after the challenge is over in a few days. Anyway, I'm straight on conditioner for a while-unless my 13 year old gets her hands on it.
avatar
freckledmom4

Posts : 905
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 41
Location : Newport News, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by CocoEuro on 21st August 2010, 9:19 am

nattyblog wrote:
freckledmom4 wrote:I went to Sally's yesterday and bought a denman brush, 2 jars of ecostlyer oo gel ($3.49 for the large one), gvp conditioning balm and ORS Nature Shine. The Nature Shine is how I broke the challenge, but I think it was a good purchase because I had a coupon that took off $5 so it was practically free-*happy dance*

I prepooed Mon. night with Navratna oil=good sleep! In the morning, after my excursion to Sally's, I cowashed with TJTTT and DC'ed with Giovanni Nutrafix, melted shea butter, coconut, olive & amla oils. I did the "steaming" thing again and my hair was UBER SOFT. Now I really want a steamer, but can't see paying for it so I will stick to this bootleg method for now. I oil rinsed with vatika and used the Giovanni Direct leave-in. At first I wasn't too crazy about it b/c it is so thick and I used way too much , but now I use a quarter sized drop and I love it. Here is my style:



I used ecostlyer and smooth-n-shine gels on the back and managed to get 2nd day hair . Of course, I slept like a princess last night which wasn't hard with my 2 and 6 year olds and hubby in the bed-it's a wonder I got any sleep at all. I just sprayed it with the Nature Shine last night and this morning, but after an outing to the pool, I don't know if I'll make it to day 3. So what to you do to keep your styles-and get some real sleep?

These styles are SO cute!!!!!!! bounce

Your hair looks nice and moisturized!!!
avatar
CocoEuro

Posts : 859
Join date : 2009-10-25
Age : 41
Location : Germany

View user profile http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by NubieNatty on 22nd August 2010, 1:06 am

hey freckles!! ur hair is looking GREAT!! i need to get on ur reggie n try usin henna twice a month cuz ur color is coming out good. im gonna keep my henna mix simple too n also add cinnamon to bring out the red some more...actually i think im gonna start adding it to my DC's as well.

i see u are very busy so protective styles would be perfect. u could twist it or coil it up for a week n wear it out on the wknds or something!
avatar
NubieNatty

Posts : 3494
Join date : 2009-11-05
Age : 37
Location : pg county, md

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by KinkyNappyHappy on 22nd August 2010, 1:34 am

I really like your style...you did a great job!!! That would look good the way it is in the front, and coils in the back. Just a thought

KNH
avatar
KinkyNappyHappy

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2010-01-02
Location : Houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum