CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

+33
Lynnieluve
jeanlouisangel
Thinice
Sebastain13
Renny
Treece
naturallynola
SheeTacular
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
summerbreeze76
LaToya28
BlondeByDesire
mrsmackey
crvng4mr
KeAnia
Hurricane Curly
TheRYL1
MomnWife
Naturalin2010
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
nattyblog
MellowOne
KinkyNappyHappy
curlsunfurled
CurlsGalore
CocoEuro
priceless
WhosThatRedHead
krazy coils
CrissyQ
freckledmom4
37 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 7 Empty Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by freckledmom4 21st November 2010, 12:32 am

I've heard that before as well, but I'm not sure why it is considered a humectant because the ingredients are mostly oils (1st ing.-castor oil) and I use it to seal in moisture. I have not been using it very long so I cannot say whether or not it causes dryness. I have not looked much into UFD products. Now I'm going to have to check them out Razz ! I love your coils btw.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 7 Empty Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by freckledmom4 21st November 2010, 12:35 am

Renny wrote:
freckledmom4 wrote: The DB is a thick cream and has decent hold by itself, but in my opinion the Burnt Sugar adds shine and helps to combat the frizz.

I have the Darcy's Vanilla. It's very, very thick. I don't know how I'm going to use it. I put it on wet hair once and it was a hot mess. Maybe I'll try mixing it with Burnt Sugar or Coconut oil for some twist. I need to do something with it before it goes bad. I would have never thought of mixing it with something. That's why I love these boards.

I love that Burnt Sugar. I put it in my son's hair everyday and his teachers love it. I put whatever I put in my hair in his and they can't wait to smell his hair. I love you

LOL-I pust some in baby girl's hair and hubby asked what did you do to her hair (sniff, sniff)!

I agree that the VSC is waaaay too thick to use on wet hair. I only use a enough to barely coat my finger tip on each section before I twist then I smooth the Burnt Sugar over the entire twist paying special attention to the ends.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 21st November 2010, 1:14 am

Okay, I'm make sure to use it sparingly then. I tend to be heavy handed with products.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st November 2010, 10:54 am

Hi FM4

Just stopping by to catch up!! I see are still are going well with you and your hair. I love the burnt Sugar and I use it just for the smell!! drunken

Talk to you later...
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 23rd November 2010, 10:20 pm

Renny wrote:Okay, I'm make sure to use it sparingly then. I tend to be heavy handed with products.

Let me know how it turns out.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 23rd November 2010, 10:21 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi FM4

Just stopping by to catch up!! I see are still are going well with you and your hair. I love the burnt Sugar and I use it just for the smell!! drunken

Talk to you later...

Isn't it wonderful?-LOL
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 24th November 2010, 6:23 pm

I dry twisted today (well about 90% dry in the front and the back was completely dry). I used the Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter and used a little bit of the Burnt Sugar on the ends. I'll let you know how it looks tomorrow when I untwist!
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 25th November 2010, 12:16 pm

Hey there Freckledmom! Just dropping by to say hi!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 7 Empty Black Friday Blues

Post by freckledmom4 27th November 2010, 1:44 am

Renny wrote:I dry twisted today (well about 90% dry in the front and the back was completely dry). I used the Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter and used a little bit of the Burnt Sugar on the ends. I'll let you know how it looks tomorrow when I untwist!

Can't wait to see how it turns out!

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey there Freckledmom! Just dropping by to say hi!

Hi Poet! How was your Thanksgiving?

For Thanksgiving I wore a twist out. My family loved it! My mom and aunties are all natural and this was their first time seing me since my bc. I set the twists on damp hair with QB A&O Heavy Cream. I am not sure how my hair feels about this product. It gives great definition to my twists, but I can't tell if it is giving my hair the proper moisture that it needs. I probably only have 1 more use left of the 2 oz. sample that I ordered.

Since I was on the road most of the day, I missed out on many of the sales Sad I did however, place a couple of orders for my hair:) I got some more coiling jelly, the conditioning mask, peach hair milk and a cream curl gel (which they were giving away for free btw) from Darcy's Botanicals. Then I ordered the sample sizes of some more QB products. Then I wanted to order the Miracurl and LI from Donna Marie but that would have put me over my limit so I am trying my best to exercise the fruit of self control. Crying or Very sad Hopefully they will have another sale in the spring. So what did you get today?
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 27th November 2010, 2:51 am

Hi freckled! Glad you had a great thanksgiving!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th November 2010, 10:52 am

Hey I got the Darcy's deep conditioner and then I walked away!

Hey where are the pics of your hair?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 28th November 2010, 10:57 am

HI, I dont think i like QB either. I have the Burdock Root Butter Cream and it leaves a sticky feelings on my hands so I know its on my hair. I ordered one thing on black friday and that was afroveda ginger almond twist gel (????). yeah where are the pics? I will be back later.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th November 2010, 9:53 pm

Hey Girl...

So how was Turkey Day with the fam? What did you buy for Black Friday? I was good..so how about you? LOL

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 30th November 2010, 7:49 pm

Hey lady!! I stopped at my limit as well. I orders Oyin Handmade, Koils by nature and Donna Marie.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 7 Empty Month 5!

Post by freckledmom4 1st December 2010, 1:18 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey I got the Darcy's deep conditioner and then I walked away!

Hey where are the pics of your hair?

Hey Sweet! I hope the Darcy's DC works as good as everyone says. I got it too. Lots of pics coming up!

CrissyQ wrote:HI, I dont think i like QB either. I have the Burdock Root Butter Cream and it leaves a sticky feelings on my hands so I know its on my hair. I ordered one thing on black friday and that was afroveda ginger almond twist gel (????). yeah where are the pics? I will be back later.

Hi CrissyQ,
I got another sample size because it gives great definition and although my hair is not soft right after the application, it feels soft after a few days. The jury is still out. I haven't tried anything from afro veda. Let me know how you like it.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Girl...

So how was Turkey Day with the fam? What did you buy for Black Friday? I was good..so how about you? LOL

TTYL

Hello KHN,
Turkey day was okay. It was our family's first holiday with out my Nana. Her presence was sorely missed, but the aunties and I held it down as far as the food goes. She taught us well. I spent about $65 on BF Shocked ! I only wanted to spend $50. I got samples from QB and a few things from Darcy's.

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hey lady!! I stopped at my limit as well. I orders Oyin Handmade, Koils by nature and Donna Marie.

Hi Shee,
I so wanted to get the DM Gel, but I ordered 2 other gels and still have half a jar of KCCC. Once I use them up, miracurl is next on the list. Let me know how you like it.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 1st December 2010, 1:24 pm

Yesterday marked my 5th month completely natural. Here are my lenght checks.

Front on 9/30/10:Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 7 Flc_9-10
front on 11/30/10
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 7 Flc_1110

Side 9/30Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 7 Lc_9-310

Side 11/30:
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 7 Slc_1110

Although there is only about half an inch difference, I'm still happy with the amount of growth. I got pretty scissor happy during October because I had a lot of ssks and my twist kept unravelling so I thought I had some heat damage on my ends. Initially the trim helped a lot with keeping my twist together, but now that it is a month later, they are starting to come apart again in the front. So I guess that my curls loosen over time and I will always have to roll the ends to set them. I had hoped to have 6 inches of hair by my 6th month-that's not gonna happen, but I am very close:).

Last edited by freckledmom4 on 1st December 2010, 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 1st December 2010, 1:30 pm

WOW, you have had some growth girl. cheers keep up the good work!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 1st December 2010, 1:56 pm

This is a puff from my 3 day old twist out from Thanksgiving. I am loving the volume!
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 7 To_puf10

The twists were done on damp hair with QB AOHC and Oyin BS.

Here is a wng from yesterday:
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 7 Wng_1110

I styled this with GDLI and DB Coiling Jelly- I used that last of it:( Hopefully my order will come in soon. *crossing fingers* Now wngs take much less time and I get much better definition. I think that when I was raking and shingling I was pulling the curls out. Now I twist each section while I detangle and rinse with the twists in. Then I untwist and apply my LI and gel. I run my head under the shower for a sec then shake and my curls clump better with out all the manipulation. I started doing this because I noticed that my curls looked much better fresh out of the shower so I started looking for other ways to apply product without moving my hair too much. I came across a similar technique done by coilscurlskinks on youtube, but she does this when her hair is dry. Still learning and loving my hair more each day. Thanks for sharing in this journey with me.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 4th December 2010, 11:35 pm

The temp dropped so the wng did not last. On Thursday night I co-washed with Giovanni 50:50 and dc'ed with Giovanni SAS with a little steam (using the washcloth and plastic caps). I used GDLI then a little QB AOHC on each section before I twisted soaking wet hair. Amazingly my hair was dry on Friday morning, but I waited for the afternoon to take them down and the definition was on point! My hair feels very soft, silky and fluffy. I have definitely had a change of heart about this product. Now I am kicking myself for not ordering the full size-ugh.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th December 2010, 11:02 am

Hi FM4

First I want to say congratulations on your 5 month anniversary!! You are doing a great job with your hair, and I love your puff!! I love CoilsKinksCurls WnG method. I just have to remember to let my hair dry....she has amazing results with MiraCurl!!

Do you think your curls are loose in the front due to henna? I need to henna so bad, but I'm so enjoying the tightness of my curls. **sigh**
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th December 2010, 6:17 pm

Happy 5 month anniversary! You are doing a great job! That puff is fab! I find if my wash n go is completely dry when I go to bed, I can just put oil or butter on my hands and lightly apply. I can revive without wetting it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 5th December 2010, 7:12 pm

Happy 5 months!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 6th December 2010, 2:21 pm

Happy 5 months! I like the puff!
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 6th December 2010, 3:00 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi FM4

First I want to say congratulations on your 5 month anniversary!! You are doing a great job with your hair, and I love your puff!! I love CoilsKinksCurls WnG method. I just have to remember to let my hair dry....she has amazing results with MiraCurl!!

Do you think your curls are loose in the front due to henna? I need to henna so bad, but I'm so enjoying the tightness of my curls. **sigh**

Hey Lady! Between the henna and my obsession with elastic head bands-I'm not sure which is the culprit, but my hair there is a different texture anyway. I've heard that other brands of henna do not loosen the curl as much as Jamila. Thanks for stoppin' by!

sweetdrk1 wrote:Happy 5 month anniversary! You are doing a great job! That puff is fab! I find if my wash n go is completely dry when I go to bed, I can just put oil or butter on my hands and lightly apply. I can revive without wetting it!

Hi Sweet-Thanks! Unfortunately my hair flattens out straight in some places when I sleep even when dry so I have to rewet. I saw how you pineapple on you CSJ. I've only done that on twist outs. I will try it on my wng and see how it works.

CrissyQ wrote:Happy 5 months!

Thanks Crissy!

Thinice wrote:Happy 5 months! I like the puff!

Thanks Thinice-Love your name.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 6th December 2010, 7:36 pm

your wng looks awesome. I'm just getting some real curl definition. I can't wait until it warms up so I can experiment.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next