CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TEXTURE HELP

2 posters

Go down

TEXTURE HELP Empty TEXTURE HELP

Post by krys419 27th July 2010, 10:19 pm

Okay well I decided to finally examine my hair with my hands and update my signature here

I am freaking out a little. Why would my hair be so coarse on my crown, the front medium/slightly coarse, but my back is silky. It makes NO sense.

I have always assumed my hair is naturally coarse, but I was looking at my relaxed hair first and like feeling it and it was super soft and fluffy. Im like "wait a minute, why is my permed hair not sticking up in the back and looking dry like everything else" then I thought to myself "it never has" lol strange to just notice this I know. so I felt the roots and they are silky.

Honestly I love my thick roots everywhere and I really don't like having silky hair at the back 3-4 inches of my hair. It just makes no sense and throws things off! It is the same curl pattern (4a)as the rest of hair but just not rough in any way shape or form. Also the strands are pretty fine

WHAT GIVES?!
my front is not like this at all.

Is there a reasoning behind this? How do I get the back to match the rest?

ALSO my middle/crown won't stop matting!

krys419

Back to top Go down

TEXTURE HELP Empty Re: TEXTURE HELP

Post by Humblebug 27th July 2010, 10:28 pm

My hair is like that. Different textures, but I also have different hair types. It's very frustrating because I would try to grow my hair out and the coarsest part of my hair would break off easier. So, I got a haircut, and am not focused on length anymore. Instead that part of my hair gets more attention - whether it be more conditioner or oil.

The back is loose and silky for many people, I've noticed. I was playing in my friends naturally straight (but coarse hair) and the same went for her.
Humblebug
Humblebug

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 27th July 2010, 10:31 pm

Humblebug what do you do for the crown? my relaxer has always had breakage there...and now i find the transitioning hair mattes/knots there.

Do you think I should cut out protein there? It seems to make the hair there harder

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by Humblebug 27th July 2010, 10:42 pm

haha i just saw the coarsemonster in your siggy.

For me, just paying more attention there has helped. I cannot leave that part of my head shrunken anymore. When I was first natural it brought me to tears, I've learned that I'm not a wash and go person and I've accepted it now. Now that it's stretched and is properly moisturized that area is happy. Though when I was transitioning, I still had a hard time with that section no matter what.

It could definitely help. For me cutting out protein was like the heavens opening up. My hair HATES protein, so I never use it and we're happy.
Humblebug
Humblebug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down